Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 years post op in KY!

Not very many on here that far out but we all share any info we can. How has the last 8 years been?? Are you looking to mentor or get back on track? Welcome to the boards

Congrats on 8 years! How are things for you now? We're you able to keep it off?

Hey Pls share your experience post Op 8 yrs ............its a long time

Needing some buddies that I can relate to. I'm 8 years out and live near Louisville KY.

I'm from

Kentucky

I'm from

Kentucky

Hey I live in Prestonsburg Ky...having gastric bypass in April 24th, what kind of surgery did you have? How's the journey been for 8 yrs??

I am 8 years out. How have you done. Have you put back on any weight? What is a typical day of eating for you?

I'm 13 years out. I had gained all of my weight back, but I now am trying to eat less and have lost half of the weight that I had gained back. It's very very hard, surgery is not a miracle by itself. You've got to change the way you feel about food. Just listen to your Doctor and your do good.

I read this post earlier. Got busy thought about this post for a few hours. I don't want to be mean rude or act like I'm ms know it all. I'm going to reply & I just don't have hair in my tongue so here it goes....

Congratulations for so many years of success. I'm here for support but I'm just one of those that has to talk. You went threw so many years of being fat. Made the decision to have WLS about 3 hours. Got tested for everything. Did you quit? Decide it was better to eat the no no food? What went wrong? Be honest. I'm 9 months post up. Lost all the weight haven't gain anything back. I eat healthy. I don't exercise often but I do. I'm size 2 from size 18 from 211pounds to now 115pounds. I weight my self weekly.

I don't ever want to be fat again. Regain get lazy or quit my life change. I want to stay thin forever & ever. I'm getting plastic surgery next year so imagine spending 35 thousand in cash to later in 5/10/15 years get fat again. Hell no!! I can't do this to my self.. I hate being fat & I refuse to get fat.

This is my biggest fear! I'm trying to change everything about the way I eat. So scared of loosing it all - gaining it all back. I'm not even at my goal and I stress about gaining weight. Where did it start to go wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I'm 13 years out. I had gained all of my weight back' date=' but I now am trying to eat less and have lost half of the weight that I had gained back. It's very very hard, surgery is not a miracle by itself. You've got to change the way you feel about food. Just listen to your Doctor and your do good.[/quote']

Thanks for sharing your struggles and wisdom with us !! I'm so glad you are back on track !!

I worry most of being able to change the mental along with the physical !!

Not very many on here that far out but we all share any info we can. How has the last 8 years been?? Are you looking to mentor or get back on track? Welcome to the boards

For me Both!

I M doing better. Got some nectar and it is wonderful. Used the 5 day pouch test. It always gets me back on track. Back down to 150 now. I don't think I would make a good mentor. I traded one set of issues for new ones.

I read this post earlier. Got busy thought about this post for a few hours. I don't want to be mean rude or act like I'm ms know it all. I'm going to reply & I just don't have hair in my tongue so here it goes....

Congratulations for so many years of success. I'm here for support but I'm just one of those that has to talk. You went threw so many years of being fat. Made the decision to have WLS about 3 hours. Got tested for everything. Did you quit? Decide it was better to eat the no no food? What went wrong? Be honest. I'm 9 months post up. Lost all the weight haven't gain anything back. I eat healthy. I don't exercise often but I do. I'm size 2 from size 18 from 211pounds to now 115pounds. I weight my self weekly.

I don't ever want to be fat again. Regain get lazy or quit my life change. I want to stay thin forever & ever. I'm getting plastic surgery next year so imagine spending 35 thousand in cash to later in 5/10/15 years get fat again. Hell no!! I can't do this to my self.. I hate being fat & I refuse to get fat.

I appreciate your honesty. There was never a point that I GAVE UP. I lost 135 lbs. and was down 5 pounds less than my goal. I was also sick and anemic. My doctor wanted me to eventually add back 15 pounds and plateau. I did and stayed like that for 3-4 years, and didnt have to think too much about what I ate, because MY body did all the work. At one point I did have to have emergency surgery for small bowel obstruction. I also have had 3 cosmetic procedures with more planned. Now my obsessions and addictions have taken a new form. When you are sick, with one addiction and you fix it, it doesn't go away. It's there, waiting to consume you. It will find you.

I am now at 150 and would be happier at 140. I may not get there, but I will NEVER go over 160. I drink too much. Covers a multitude of feelings! I eat, sometimes. Never much. Sometimes not good choices. But I mostly eat well. I don't get sick anymore. A typical day right now is a shake in the morning. coffee and cream, diet coke, and Water through the day. eggs, or half a sandwich, or another shake for lunch. And at dinner I eat what I want mostly, just only 1/2 a normal plate. And I drink 2-3 vodka Tonics every night. Not strong enough to change that right now.

All I ever think about is how I look, how others see me, who is better, how I can look better.......it's insane and it drives me crazy!

I think people do the best they can !

Choosing WLS is a massive choice it's not a magic wand that will keep weight off for the rest of your life as u have to work it !

There are many components to WLS being a success

1.Following the rules of a pouch if u had a Gastric Bypass which was my Choice

The Rules of the pouch

*Eat Protein first

*No snacking *No Grazing

*Taking Vitamins daily

*Exercise Daily

*To not drink 30mins Before eating & 60mins after eating

*To not have more than 10g of Sugar per 100g

*To not have more than 5g of Fat

Sorry people don't know imperial measurements grew up with metric

2.Dealing with your mind your self talk

3.Having to resolve issues from the past that can come up as a result of u have taking away your copying or self soothe strategy (FOOD)

4.Having to face New challenges with Family and Friends

5.To tell or not tell about your choice with the WLS surgery procedure u had

6.to have other people SHAME U or worse to have other WLS surgery people to do that to U

7.To learn how to maintain yourself as a priority when u may not Have in the past

8. Plus life will dish out all sorts of Highs & Lows & can u maintain all of the above

If your facing the fact someone u love has gone of the rails,got sick, left u or died

Life will give u some hard times & some people will be able to maintain it all & Most of Us won't

If any of Us find our self in the camp where we are drowning as a result of life or it could be JUST OURSELF getting in the way & we have let go of the Pouch rules

My hope is my fellow WLS people will reach out a hand to me & give me moral support to slowly put 1 rule back in place until they are all firmly back in tact again

Just some food for thought ☀