Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had rny July 21' date=' 2012 and have only lost 54 lbs. I feel so pathetic. Anyone experienced this before??[/quote']

Well I had mine Nov 6, 2012 & I've only lost 25 so I feel your frustration!!! I have hit a brick wall (stall) and I don't know what to do!! I've decided to do two Protein shakes and one actual solid meal cause I'm able to eat more than I should be able to:( I don't dump and I don't feel restricted so it has to be all up to me!

What was your start weight?

25 lbs is great! My start weight was 262. I'm anywhere between 208-210. I actually just went out and bought more Protein Drinks. I want the most Protein in as little oz. as possible because i gag at the taste. I feel to have the same"non-issues". I don't dump and i realty wish i did. I have a cookie or sweet every once in a while, but i almost wish i would get sick. My goal weight is 145-150.

25 lbs is great! My start weight was 262. I'm anywhere between 208-210. I actually just went out and bought more Protein drinks. I want the most Protein in as little oz. as possible because i gag at the taste. I feel to have the same"non-issues". I don't dump and i realty wish i did. I have a cookie or sweet every once in a while' date=' but i almost wish i would get sick. My goal weight is 145-150.[/quote']

Yea, lol I wish I'd dump too!! But nope, I tried a small slice of birthday cake and waited and waited for that awful feeling that everyone would talk about to hit me and nada, zip, zero I felt fine soooo of course I tried coffee (Starbucks) again no ill feelings...

I read where people have lost 30-40-50lbs and I wonder what the hell did I do and what can I do?? I haven't even gone down in sizes, my clothes is loser but I tried a size smaller and nope, not there boooo:(

SW: 218 GW: 150

Are u on my fitness pal?

Lol... I know what you mean, same here. Tried my own birthday cake and nothing. interestingly, i like you feel like i can eat more than i should. At first it was a spoonful, now it's a cup. Very frustrating. I'm not on fitness pal (?), I'm actually just learning about it on here. I'm definitely looking into it. Have you been on here long? I realized that i needed a support group type setting to vent. I've been in and of but don't think i ever posted until today. I'm starting anew tomorrow, add if it was my first day post op. I want to reach 100lbs by my surgiversary on July 21 this year.

Yes go to my fitness pal- it'll help out a lot with counting calories, protien and exercise! I just started using it and as for being on here, I started it pre-op and then left it after my dr said my insurance required 6months of weigh ins the about a month ago I can back and I like to read the posts, knowing I'm not alone in this new journey helps! Knowing I can somehow contribute to helping someone also motivates me.... This isn't easy and pre-op I thought it would be! My dr's appointment was yesterday but all he said was that this is a TOOL for me to count my calories and increase my Protein if I don't lose more by the time I go back (may) then he'll run some tests to see if anything is wrong, I don't want to wait that long!!!

I want to be close to my goal by summer!!!!! (sigh)

I'm definitely joining. Thats exactly what i need too! I go next month to see my Dr for my follow up. This site is a great resource. I will securely be on daily and get that motivation back in high gear. i keep telling myself that i didn't go under the knife for 50 lbs...

I'm definitely joining. Thats exactly what i need too! I go next month to see my Dr for my follow up. This site is a great resource. I will securely be on daily and get that motivation back in high gear. i keep telling myself that i didn't go under the knife for 50 lbs...

You're doing good though, a loss is a LOSS!!

Look me up when u join MFP raquel.rdgz you will love it!! I wanted Starbucks this morning (been good all week and we're busy on Fridays at wk plus, I'm addicted) and I typed in Starbucks toffee nut and it gave me sooo many choices on how to order it so that I could get a "healthier" version which I did, I ordered it with skim milk and didn't taste the difference! When I go out to eat I type in what I plan on eating and sometimes I'm surprised cause its not as healthy as I thought!

Anyways-- are you also on instagram!? I'm telling u I need allll the support I can get so on there I see what other people are doing and their transformations like they'll take pics of their dinner, at the gym, Protein shakes, scales ect. So it's like this but more visual!

Were our own worse enemies but don't be so hard on yourselves. Iit's weight you won't see again and ask, if not for the surgery and my hard work-would I have had even this much success?

Cheering you both on

Don't feel bad ladies, I had surgery April 9th and have lost 50 lbs. I thought I would lose much more that what I did !!! My starting weight was 214 (BMI 36) and my goal weight is 140. I had a stall for 2+ months and then went from walking to jogging which I lost another 10 lbs. The weight loss is very slow now. My surgeon says that people that have less than 100 lbs to lose will lose it slowly than people that have 100+ lbs to lose. I do everything exactly as I shoud, I follow all my dr's instructions etc. etc. I guess its just me :(

Thanks ! What a greet support group indeed. I'm do happy i posted, i font feel as alone. And yes, i agree, i wouldn't have Lost more than a couple of pounds, then added it back on and then some had i not had my surgery. Either way, I'm only 6 months out , I'm gonna push the Protein, drink the Water and Get on my elliptical. My surgeon toke me the same thing about people who are heavier lose more weight more quickly as well, i guess that's why i thought the weight would come off fast.

Well I had mine Nov 6' date=' 2012 & I've only lost 25 so I feel your frustration!!! I have hit a brick wall (stall) and I don't know what to do!! I've decided to do two Protein shakes and one actual solid meal cause I'm able to eat more than I should be able to:( I don't dump and I don't feel restricted so it has to be all up to me!

What was your start weight?[/quote']

Wow! I feel the same way! I am only 2.5 weeks out, and I am losing, but I don't dump, I don't feel restricted after eating, nothing is bothering my tummy as I don't feel full or discomfort after eating and I am able to eat a lot bigger portions than expected. I have told myself repeatedly- "this is only your tool, you need the control" and that is why I am losing (20lbs since dos on 1/2/13) but it is very scary as I have not been able to trust myself in the past so what is going to stop me this time!?!!! Yikes! Please keep me posted on what does keep you going, as I am sure your loss will find you again soon!

Wow! I feel the same way! I am only 2.5 weeks out' date=' and I am losing, but I don't dump, I don't feel restricted after eating, nothing is bothering my tummy as I don't feel full or discomfort after eating and I am able to eat a lot bigger portions than expected. I have told myself repeatedly- "this is only your tool, you need the control" and that is why I am losing (20lbs since dos on 1/2/13) but it is very scary as I have not been able to trust myself in the past so what is going to stop me this time!?!!! Yikes! Please keep me posted on what does keep you going, as I am sure your loss will find you again soon![/quote']

You are doing great!! Congratulations!! I still don't feel restricted, had steak tonight cause I was sure that'd do it and nope... I'm not eating as much but I am eating more than I expected to:( I guess what I plan to do is try to drink as much Water and protien even if it's more than I need in order to stay away from the starches & sugars! I plan to do mostly liquids and like an Atkins dinner Mon-Fri & on Sat & Sun I'll eat light since its when I'm mostly out and about... Let's see how this works! :)

Do you have a MY FITNESS PlANNER app? If not-- highly recommend it!!

In in the same boat. I can eat almost anything. I also eat more then most at two months. My fitness pal is the only way I keep from picking all day. I'm worm2872 on there.

I ladies. I had my surgery on jan 2012. Started at 264lbs .I never felt restricted to eat certain foods. I rarely have dumping syndrom. The worst i get is slugish which i was told is also part of dumpjng syndrom. I have lost 111lbs in the 1 yr but i think it is now because i work out. Make sure you work out. Everyone is different. I did start losing 1lbs a day the first month. Then it was 3-5 lbs a week. Here i was expecting the 10lbs a week loss i was told and read but no. That was just an average. I was not like that. I asked and was told that the closer down you are on the bmi the slower the loss is. Keep going a slow loss is better then no loss.