Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gave away clothes today!

So I have had a bag of clothes that were too big for me....but I held on to them about 3 weeks after I bagged them up. I kept thinking "I paid a lot of money for those clothes, I dont want to just dump them off at Goodwill". So I found a lady that needed them....and today she came and picked them up. It was with mixed emotions that I handed her that bag! It wasnt just that i was giving away clothes that I paid a lot for, but clothes that I wore because nothing else fit me! I was attached to them, felt like I needed them! So handing her that bag meant no going back! Now I have some smaller size clothes that actually fit me (for now) and I love the compliments! But letting go of those "big" clothes closed that chapter for me.... a little scary for me! But I feel so much better now that they are gone!

Great job! I'm selling mine first and whatever does not sell, I will give away. Did u buy all new clothes? Or are you still losing?

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Mine are climbing up the wall. I'm so afraid to give them away. Some of the pants I have been in and out of many many times. So in my mind I will be that size again. Also the money. So much money laying there. I want to help others so I'm fine with donating. Just scared I will fail like I always do.

I know this is tough, but I love the "no turning back attitude" that's the old u let go and know that u will have to work at this one day at a time!! Best Wishes.

Great job! I'm selling mine first and whatever does not sell, I will give away. Did u buy all new clothes? Or are you still losing?

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I bought a few new pieces....not many. I am still losing....I want to lose 125 more pounds. I am only a little over 5 months out. I want to be at my goal by Oct 6th this year (my birthday). I am at a stupid stall right now....little mad cause I wanna move on down!

Mine are climbing up the wall. I'm so afraid to give them away. Some of the pants I have been in and out of many many times. So in my mind I will be that size again. Also the money. So much money laying there. I want to help others so I'm fine with donating. Just scared I will fail like I always do.

I felt the same way. I've been in and out of "big" sizes my whole life! I kept looking at that bag thinking ...."What if I need these in a year?" "what if this doesn't stick and I gain it back" but finally I had to take a deep breath and say "Know what...I am NOT going to fail, this is my new life and I am ready to move on!"... and the lady that picked them up really needed the clothes and was so appreciative of them!

I have about 20 pairs of pants I just keep looking at. They sit on my chair and I know they don't fit and now my closet looks so empty. I'm waiting I'm down one more size before I buy anything. My work pants all had elastic waist so they have been ok. I have one pair of jeans I can get away with wearing. It's going to be sad when I really have to let them go.

I took out my Sewing Machine and sewed my pants and (BRAs lol) i didn't want to spend on New Clothes until Later!! So I Sewed them took them in about an Inch on both pant Legs and the back of the Bras!! They fit now!! Blouses I left alone :/

I bought a few new pieces....not many. I am still losing....I want to lose 125 more pounds. I am only a little over 5 months out. I want to be at my goal by Oct 6th this year (my birthday). I am at a stupid stall right now....little mad cause I wanna move on down!

This is a great goal, my birthday is Nov 29 I would love the same thing but am plagued with complications thought now so its a slow crawl, I have been here before and yo-yo d and swore never again and gave away my clothes and ended up having to buy more scrubs (medical field) and dress clothing because I switched positions so now I have tubs of clothing I cant seem to let go because of what if ? scared to shell out that much money again but I should be saying I will never be that over weight again!!

Cyn-shakiraa-12/17/12

Sent from my mobile

I've given away a few baskets of clothes now. It was to a friend, so that helped with the attachment issues. I know that she really needed them. It's crazy now, when I shop for smaller clothes at goodwill, I can find all sorts of size 26/28 clothes and 22/24 are harder to find, grr! I can't wait to get to size 18 because there seems to be a lot of that size at the stores here! I can understand the fear. I've been a size 20+ for seriously as long as I can remember! I'm so ready for change!

Hey the thrift stores, especially in the nicer areas of town seem most economical. I have a sewing machine that I need to relearn to sew, because I refuse to give away name brands like Calvin Klein, Tahari, etc or those really classic pieces.... :-) and I am worried about my shoe size, I have heels I haven't worn that are sexy as hell but i cant wear because of my back and weight.....and they can't be returned. :-(

I have already let go of bags to claim on taxes, as I do every year, but also because though my surgery isn't until 2/26 I REFUSE TO GO BACK !

I felt the same way we haas our first ever clothes swap at one of our support groups I am in clothes 4 sizes smaller now and it feels so good good luck to you

I felt the same way we haas our first ever clothes swap at one of our support groups I am in clothes 4 sizes smaller now and it feels so good good luck to you

:-) I need to meet with a local supp group near here if they actually show up.... I heard they are inconsistent.....I guess I will see

I am in Calvert county which is between Anne arundel Cnty and Charles county.its about 1 1/2 hrs to bmore..... In light traffic. Moved out of Towson a few years ago. Sucks in regards to travel/trips, but great schools and barely any real crime.