Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mushie Food Help!

Ok I am almost 3 weeks post op, I had my RNY by pass on 6/13 and I am having a terrible time finding things that dont make me nauseous. Does anyone have any ideas? What does everyone eat at this stage. I had no problem on liquids, infact i could down the Jello, puddings, and liquids no problem but it seems that as soon as there is some kind of consistance i get nauseous. Please let me know what you were eating at this stage considering I have 6 more weeks of this!!

All help will be appreciated!!!

Have your tired mashed potatoes, sweet potoates,or low fat refried pinto Beans?

Maybe egg beaters, oatmeal.< /p>

I would stay away from the potatoes. They are all sugar. Try some things like chili or vegetable Soup an purée it a little. I am two weeks out and my dr told me to start trying thinned oatmeal, eggs (a little undercooked), chillin blended up, yogurt with fruit, half a banana, ff refrained Beans. Pick one and thin it out with slim milk or broth. Then slowly start making a little thicker. That might help with the nausea. I am having a hard time wanting I eat. I have to make myself eat at specific times or I find that I've gone all day and hasn't eaten.

I would also stay away from the potatoes... Am on my 4th wk post op. i tried them twice and got terribly sick and nauseous!

On my past week I could only hold down an 1oz of the carnaion instant Breakfast?!?! And water!

I ate squash... When i craved something salty, i roasted garlic in a bit of olive oil... Then put in the squash ad cooked it... Then pureed. Never had the pureed eggs. Hate eggs. Maybe you can have scrambled eggs...?!?

I'm mt sure if you have a panera bread, but i ate their frenh onion Soup. Its low in calories and delish!

I put this list together a while back. Hope it helps!

pureed and soft foods suggestions:

• *cheese – String cheese, other cheeses that are light or low fat ones made with skim milk
  • Bended *oatmeal made with skim milk.
  • Small curd *cottage cheese, low-fat or non-fat.
  • Smooth and creamy *yogurt, low-fat, no added sugar and no fruit chunks.
  • Crackers containing less than 3 grams of fat per serving e.g. soda crackers, graham crackers, Melba toast, etc. Tip: try Kashi Pita Crisps, 120 calories in 11 crisps, 3g of fat, and 3g of Protein.
  • Mashed russet, red, or gold potatoes and yams (no skins).
  • Low-fat, no added sugar pudding made with skim milk.
  • Scrambled *egg or *egg substitute.
  • Peanut or other nut butters – creamy.
  • Non-citrus fruit (peeled, seedless, fresh, soft fruits, canned fruit in its own juice).
  • Pureed baby foods with no sugar added (usually 11 grams of sugar).
  • Tofu.
  • Canned *chicken, *tuna, or *salmon (packed in water).
  • Low-fat Mayonnaise.< br>
  • Low-fat tub margarine.
  • Beverages:
    • Low sodium V8.
    • Decaf coffee, teas.
    • sugar-free, non-carbonated drinks (e.g. Crystal Light).
    • sugar free hot cocoa.
    • Diet Snapple (but not diet Snapple Iced Tea).

* Denotes Protein foods

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches