Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG...I'm on day 2 of Optifast! Oh boy..the things that are running through my head. I want spaghetti and pizza like NOW! I start talking myself out of this surgery because I feel like I'll never get to eat again. I will won't I???? I want this surgery so bad. My date is Jan 30th, but wow...11 more days of Optifast is going to drive me nuts!! Did anyone else have feelings like this before surgery??? How did you get through the liquid prediet??

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! I hope I don't get too grumpy! :phanvan

OMG...I'm on day 2 of Optifast! Oh boy..the things that are running through my head. I want spaghetti and pizza like NOW! I start talking myself out of this surgery because I feel like I'll never get to eat again. I will won't I???? I want this surgery so bad. My date is Jan 30th, but wow...11 more days of Optifast is going to drive me nuts!! Did anyone else have feelings like this before surgery??? How did you get through the liquid prediet??

Get a bit grumpy. This will pass, keep your eye on the prize and keep lots of sugar free popsickles in the freezer.

Oh I feel for you. I think that #()*$# pre-op diet was the hardest part of all this. I hated it. I got very grumpy :( . But I kept picturing my liver being too big and having them not do my surgery. May not have been true, but it motivated me.

Yes, you will get to eat again. There isn't much I want that I don't eat. And stuff I thought I would want isn't as appealing. bread for example, after getting it stuck a few times, and PBing it back up, funny how it's just not as tempting.

One thing I have noticed, my tastes have changed. I'm learning to be open to trying things I used to not like, now I like them.

Stacy,

there's no way around it--you're going to be grumpy for a couple more days yet--and then, suddenly--you won't be as hungry! it's amazing! so hang in there--you CAN do it--it's only 11 more days--and soon you'll be in single digit "days left"---yes, visions of sugarplums (or spaghetti and pizza) will dance in your head--and you'll think about them while sipping Optifast ....i know--i did. i thought of BACON. of all the weird things--something i don't even EAT...put the optifast in the blender with ice--and then pour it over some MORE ice--the frostier it is--the better it tastes!

good luck!

girlin

nyc:)

i thought of BACON. of all the weird things--something i don't even EAT
I did the exact same thing, and my pre-op diet was only 2 days. It was hard to get around the habit. I'd be sitting at my desk, thinking about what to make for dinner, which of course was making me hungry, then *bam* *duh* What am I thinking??? I'm having broth for dinner! Then 10 minutes later, I'm again thinking about what to make for dinner...

And I craved bacon... and I don't really like bacon...

And since banding, I crave chocolate chip Cookies... which I could easily pass on pre-op. And I don't even like chocolate.< /p>

Thanks for helping me see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. This liquid diet makes you a little goofy if you ask me!! LOL Lots of headaches today..I really hope by day 3 or 4 I'm over that. And PLEASE someone tell Directv to take the food network off of my tvs!! It's so fun to watch, but jeez..not on Optifast!!

I can do it!!!

I didn't have a preop diet but I understand what you are going through regarding giving up food. Rest assured you will not. Your portions will just be smaller. You will do great. Good luck.

LOL Lots of headaches today..I really hope by day 3 or 4 I'm over that. And PLEASE someone tell Directv to take the food network off of my tvs!! It's so fun to watch, but jeez..not on Optifast!!
Are you (or should I say WERE you??) a caffeine drinker? If you've changed your caffeine intake, that could be the cause of your headaches. Caffeine could also be the cause if you have diarrhea, headaches, nausea, lethargy (physical and mental), cramping, etc. Kind of makes you wonder why the heck we'd ever ingest it, huh??

This withdrawl, and a withdrawl from sugar, are sometimes called the "induction flu" by people following low carb diets. They will describe the same symptoms as a normal flu. It can set in anywhere from a few days to a few weeks in.

There you go, that's about the totality of what I learned while on Atkins for a year. :heh:

i was on Optifast 5 a day and broth Jello popsicles--sugar free.

my surgeon told us if it gets bad drink another shake --if it gets really bad have a serving of almonds--- it really helped i had a serving of almonds (protein) almost every day and i still lost a total of 22lbs in the 2 weeks b4 surgery

get creative with optifast..

vanilla optifast with sf popsicle in blender = fruit smoothie

vanilla with diet rootbeer in blender= rootbeer float

chocolate with some instant coffee frozen then blended= mocha blast

vanilla with diet orange soda or orange popsicle = orange creamsicle delight!

i also did vanilla with coffee and cinnamin that was a nice twist plus whe you blend it in a magic bullet or blender it adds volume and really helps fill you up.

per some nutritionists if you absolutely cant take it have a 3oz serving of grilled chicken--- i did this and it actually wasnt as good as i expected so i jumped back on the diet

good luck to you it is hard but when you see that scale after 2 weeks it will all be worth it

:help:

Could someone please tell me where you get the Optifast shakes? Do you get them from a store, if so what store/s.

Thank you!!

Stacy

Stacy,

Usually your surgeon's office will sell them. i believe Optifast is only available through dr's offices (someone correct me if i'm wrong). they come in pre-mixed boxes or envelopes of powder that you mix w/ Water.

Best regards,

girlin

nyc

I

isn't that funny/strange? i can't imagine where that came from!

what a coincidence!

regards,

girlin

nyc

Hi Stacy, I feel for you, I am going through it also right now! I have to do it for three weeks!:) I am craving a Peanut Butter sandwhich. I am determined to get through this, and travel the road others have travelled successfully before me.

Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!:) :) :biggrin1:

Susannah

I did the exact same thing, and my pre-op diet was only 2 days. It was hard to get around the habit. I'd be sitting at my desk, thinking about what to make for dinner, which of course was making me hungry, then *bam* *duh* What am I thinking??? I'm having broth for dinner! Then 10 minutes later, I'm again thinking about what to make for dinner...

And since banding, I crave chocolate chip Cookies... which I could easily pass on pre-op. And I don't even like chocolate.< /p>

Holy crap woman you make me laugh. I have really enjoyed reading your post :)