Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2nd Week After Surgery

I am having a REALLY hard time with this 2nd week after surgery. It seems like every commercial and everything on tv is all about fast food. I am looking for ideas of things that will work for me starting tomorrow which is full liquids. I would give anything for string cheese and Peanut Butter, but I know that's not possible :)

I'm not sure if this will help but I bought some PB2 from GNC (45 cal & 5 gr Protein per serving) and I make Protein Drinks with it in almond milk (30 cal), they ain't too bad either!!! Even better when I mix 1/2 a serving of PB2 & 1/2 a serving of chocolate Unjury!!!

I can have string cheese again but one stick makes me full. You'll be able to eat those things again as you heal

The variety in post-op care given by doctors just blows me away. I started pureed/mushy foods on day 8 (if I felt well enough to move along).

I wish there was a big Dr. conference where all bariatric surgeons got together and agreed on the same terms for all patients. It actually makes me upset to see people who are dying for a fricken cheese stick and can't have it.

I saw a post...there was a woman who had to wait 8 WEEKS before she could start pureed foods. 8 WEEKS! She had no health conditions and her surgery was very successful without complications. That's insanity and if you ask me, just plain cruel.

My surgery was on the 27th of Aug. I'm starting to blend up some heartier Soups and add broth to them - I just discovered I should be adding plain Protein Powder or some milk or yogurt. I do applesauce and yogurt together.....but I know I'm not getting enough Protein so I have to work on this now. The actual shakes are not exactly settling right now. Any suggestions on plain protein powder? I would like to add the weight loss tracker to my journey but it wont download from my profile page - any suggestions. Thanks so much.

The variety in post-op care given by doctors just blows me away. I started pureed/mushy foods on day 8 (if I felt well enough to move along).

I wish there was a big Dr. conference where all bariatric surgeons got together and agreed on the same terms for all patients. It actually makes me upset to see people who are dying for a fricken cheese stick and can't have it.

I saw a post...there was a woman who had to wait 8 WEEKS before she could start pureed foods. 8 WEEKS! She had no health conditions and her surgery was very successful without complications. That's insanity and if you ask me' date=' just plain cruel.[/quote']

Oh thank god, I thought I was being unreasonable. Basically, my surgery only took 30 minutes, no complications what-so-ever and I am in good physical health at 27 yo. The first week I could only have Water, broth and Jello. Next week is "full liquids" and weeks 3/4 I can have scrambled eggs and puréed meats. Then they slowly add back all foods by weeks 7/8. I just wish I could have something of substance.

I am having a REALLY hard time with this 2nd week after surgery. It seems like every commercial and everything on tv is all about fast food. I am looking for ideas of things that will work for me starting tomorrow which is full liquids. I would give anything for string cheese and peanut butter' date=' but I know that's not possible :)[/quote']

I am struggling too. My surgery date was 9/4. All sf stuff and supplements are running right through me. I was eggs and cheese so bad.

I am having a REALLY hard time with this 2nd week after surgery. It seems like every commercial and everything on tv is all about fast food. I am looking for ideas of things that will work for me starting tomorrow which is full liquids. I would give anything for string cheese and Peanut Butter, but I know that's not possible :)

When I was in the hospital, the Burger King french fry burger was on so many times that I almost wanted one! I couldn't even drink Water, and my stomach felt like it blew up, but I actually thought I wanted a french fry burger. Crazy the power of commercials!

I'm at ten days. I am particularly missing cheese and grapes. Hang in there! :)

I'm not sure if this will help but I bought some PB2 from GNC (45 cal & 5 gr Protein per serving) and I make Protein drinks with it in almond milk (30 cal), they ain't too bad either!!! Even better when I mix 1/2 a serving of PB2 & 1/2 a serving of chocolate Unjury!!!

PB2 is awesome. I was just reading about the nutrient difference between it and regular Peanut Butter. WOW! I'm gonna try it in a Protein shake this week.

Your surgery date is tomorrow! Congrats!!

Oh thank god, I thought I was being unreasonable. Basically, my surgery only took 30 minutes, no complications what-so-ever and I am in good physical health at 27 yo. The first week I could only have Water, broth and Jello. Next week is "full liquids" and weeks 3/4 I can have scrambled eggs and puréed meats. Then they slowly add back all foods by weeks 7/8. I just wish I could have something of substance.

I agree. I noticed that MANY people have a pre-op diet of nothing but liquids. I don't have that. My pre-op diet is Breakfast consisting of either egg, toast, fruit, or yogurt. (allowed 2) , lunch is Protein Drink and dinner is lean meet with green veg. Not near as strict as many of the pre-op diets.