Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

just need to vent

so I woke up this morning and thought I look at some inspirational pictures now I feel even worse I see a lot of people on here who are bigger than me and look absolutely fantastic I weigh 165 but due to my big stomach I look like I'm about 200 I don't feel sexy I'm wearing about a size 18 pants and I still have 25 more pounds to go I'm trying to stay positive because I know I need to have all this skin removed off my stomach but it's hard when you are self-pay and you can't get the surgery till next year.

I have learned in my 64 years to not let what you want stop you from enjoying what you have.

When I started on this journey at 340 pounds I wanted washboard abs. Now that I am past goal and 210 pounds I have them.

Unfortunately, there is a little fat and the remnants of my deflated beachball stomach skin covering them.

Top part, saggy pecs but still not too bad:

Bottom part...whoops..

But how about my life? What I can do now... all day... would have literally killed me in 15 minutes before I lost the fat.

My prospects of living longer are much brighter. I am a much happier person to be around. I feel like I have come out of a long, dark, foggy nightmare.

Will I ever see the six pack? Probably not. Don't have the green to make the plastics scene. Will I enjoy my life anyway. Durn tootin'!!

Perfect is out of my reach but pretty darn good looks pretty darn good. :)

post-20464-13813669672846_thumb.jpg

post-20464-1381366967311_thumb.jpg

so I woke up this morning and thought I look at some inspirational pictures now I feel even worse I see a lot of people on here who are bigger than me and look absolutely fantastic I weigh 165 but due to my big stomach I look like I'm about 200 I don't feel sexy I'm wearing about a size 18 pants and I still have 25 more pounds to go I'm trying to stay positive because I know I need to have all this skin removed off my stomach but it's hard when you are self-pay and you can't get the surgery till next year.

I had surgery on July 22, 2013 and have gone from a 18-20W to a regular and I still have my stomach. Why rush? We did not gain the weight over night it won't come off over night. Feeling sexy is a mind set that shows in the look.

Work on your 25 pounds and stay positive.

You are getting so close to your goal! Dont get discouraged! I know that the extra skin is a problem, just work on getting to your goal and then work on toning and maybe even plastics once you know how your body responds to the last 25 pounds of weight. I can promise that you look better than you think you do!!! You have done an amazing job! It is good to be able to vent to those who do understand! Been there, done that!!! Have a good day and get back to happy thoughts about your new journey!