Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 weeks post op.............more head hunger REALLY!

I am 10 weeks post op tomorrow and have pretty much gotten through the head hunger stage but honestly nothing is sounding good at this point and I think I am going through the stupid head hunger thing again!! I am missing some of my old habits and it is trying to creep into my new life and it can go to hell!! I know to do this long term I have to find some new things to do. I do not do carbs at all and really don't want them but my mind and body and the devil on my shoulders is screaming you can have that. What do you all do when you get to this point in the journey!! I am determined to change my life and I know this is a rough spot that must be conquered!! Do you just endure and wait for it to pass? How long does this go on for before you feel like it has passed. I have not relented to my cravings and this has just got to stop!!

Hand in there. I get the same feeling every once in a while. I find that I curve the carbs monster but fighting it with Protein. I usually choose some Peanut Butter. tablespoonful usually does the trick. You are not alone.

Thank you! I will give this a try. I honestly wasn't expecting head hunger to show up again. Silly me!! I guess this is something that will come around every so often when we are at our weakest.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches