Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cleaner protein powders

Hi! I've been searching for cleaner Protein powders....free of artificial sweeteners/flavorings....limited preservatives. I've looked at Isopure natural....but haven't tried it yet....any suggestions?

The purest one I found was Now foods unflavored whey isolate (amazon has it). I believe Unjury makes one like that too. You can add your own natural flavors since I don't think it's edible plain (not tasty I hear) but it does dissolve well. juice seems like the best option early I'm, fruits blended in later.

Hi! I've been searching for cleaner Protein powders....free of artificial sweeteners/flavorings....limited preservatives. I've looked at Isopure natural....but haven't tried it yet....any suggestions?

I don't know how you would feel about this, but I intend to use goat's whey Protein from here:

http://tinyurl.com/mf5w8vn

Jay Robb is fairly natural. I use mostly Jay Robb and also sometimes Isopure. The chocolate Jay Robb tastes like chocolate milk when mixed with milk.. the vanilla is good mixed in coffee.. The strawberry tastes a bit weird, but is good if I make a frozen shake with half a banana some milk vanilla extract and ice. Pina colada flavor was not pleasant and I didn't love the orange dreamcicle either. www.jayrobb.com

I really liked the Unjury ones and I also currently use shakeology which does not use artificial sweeteners. I am pretty bummed because I just checked the ingredients in a GNC Protein that I really liked and thought it had no artificial sweeteners but I was wrong.

whatever you select, remember the cardinal rules... (1) at least 20 gm Protein and (2) low sugar! I use Unjury.< /p>

I don't know how you would feel about this' date=' but I intend to use goat's whey Protein from here:

http://tinyurl.com/mf5w8vn

Curious about this. Does it taste different? Why did you choose this over other types?

Curious about this. Does it taste different? Why did you choose this over other types?

Actually I haven't bought any Protein supplements with the exception of Premier Protein RTD because of the ease of use right after surgery; however IF I were going to purchase a Protein powder I would choose goat whey due to the easy digestibility in comparison to cow milk, lack of any unnatural additives (assuming you are purchasing organic, grass fed) and the increased level of healthy minerals, nutrients and beneficial digestive cultures.

I will be using our own goat whey to make my smoothies as we always have quite a bit left when my husband makes cheese. Whey, sealed tightly in a clean jar, lasts approx 6 months if refrigerated. We don't purchase milk or cheese as our goat provides all we need for our family. We currently use the whey mainly to Water our garden and feed our chickens, but since I've had surgery, we will be making smoothies with it now as well.

Curious about this. Does it taste different? ...

Oh...and our goat milk tastes just like cow's milk except creamier because it is raw and doesn't require pasteurization. Whey is not really a tasty substance in any case - natural or unnatural...it has a bit of tang to it, but I believe that will be no problem when mixed with fruits and vegies for smoothies.< /span>

Thanks so much for the suggestions!!! I will definitely look them up!

Whatever you do end up going with you have to make sure you like it! :-) There are soooooo many Protein powders out there there is bound to be one that fits your criteria and that you like! Good luck!

I have been using syntax nectar sweets. Like the taste....but trying to steer clear of artificial stuff.

I agree I used the unjury after sur

I have been using syntax nectar sweets. Like the taste....but trying to steer clear of artificial stuff.

I agree, I used the unjry after surgery, changed to the syntax nectar and now I use Shakeology because I like all of the benefits of it without all the artificial stuff.

I I love love love their mint chocolate chip. What else is good?