Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have told I was a canidate I afraid iam making the right decison? I have not told anyone. Sometimes I think am I making the right decison.please send mewords of encourgement

You need to read & research & do some soul searching. . .talk to someone who has had it, or talk to someone here on this site. Please think long and hard before you make a decision. WLS is a big deal...it really changes your life. It is a huge commitment. There are many pros, but many, many cons, also. Prepare - start the Protein Shakes now, start exercising now, start working on your bad habits now...don't wait til after surgery. I wish you all the best. Best of luck to you. I highly recommend just plain ole daily walking and following Weight Watchers, but do what is best for you & your situation.

This is tough decision -no matter what u choose. You def have to do alot of soul searching. What decided it for me was honestly asking myself if I didn't do sleeve surgery what was I going to do. Everything I had tried in the past didn't work or worked for a short time & I gained the weight back (plus interest). I was tired of just living life on the sideline. Life is too short not to have an active role.

Everyone's life/situation is different. Everyone's reasoning is different. But you have to make the decision that is right for you.

I wish you the best of luck on your journey.

Prayers & best wishes

I have to echo what Mytime said. I'm pre-sleeve for at least the next month or so; and here's what I have been doing to try to make sure I totally understand what I'm moving forward towards.

• Look back over the choices and attempts you've made in the past. Were they deep-rooted, totally committed efforts or did you only give a halfhearted attempt at diet and exercise?
  • Did you lose weight? If yes, did it stay gone (or did it do like my adipose tissue and return in full force, with lots and lots of friends)?
  • What is your relationship with food--are you a boredom eater, an emotional-trigger eater?
  • Do you have a solid support system of friends/family who will be in your corner throughout the process, or at least NOT actively sabotage your efforts?
  • Do you exercise now? Will you be willing to exercise on a regular basis after the procedure?

From everything I've heard on the forums, a good percentage of the success you get from VSG or any weight loss surgery depends on what you are willing to put into it. The only "magic bullet" is the blender some people use for their Protein shakes; surgery isn't a magic cure. You have to really, really want this. The whole package. The post-surgery pain and hair loss and stomach gurgles right along with the body transformation. You can't pick and choose or only opt for the positive, because none of us (including me!) knows what the post-sleeve world will be like until we're in it.

Take some time to process what the surgery will mean for you, good, bad and every which way in between. You will be making a no-going-back change. This could be AMAZING. It could open up your world and grant you a longer and happier life. But it's not simple and it's not like applying a blowtorch to a stick of butter. The weight will come off--after a real effort on your part, and after probably having to rethink and re-work your entire connection with food. It might come off quickly, or it might be a slow process where you have to battle for every half-pound of progress--but you will get there if you can persevere!

Talk to your doctor. Talk to your nutritionist. Talk to your psych counselor. Be totally honest, with them and with yourself. Do everything you can to go into this with both eyes open and as much information as you can gather.

That's what I'm doing, anyway. Good luck--I know you'll come to a decision that feels right for you!