Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All Sixties!

C'mon guys -- it's like everybody left!!

Let's keep our group strong!!!

warmly,

WeeWers

Hi, I'm here and almost sixty. Have you had your surgery yet? Where are you from and who's your doctor? Hope to see many responders to this thread.

66 here. Sleeved nov 28, 2012. Slow loser. Down only 67 lbs. having a hard time losing at this point. Only a pound in the last 5 weeks. Trying to get back to basics. Need to lose 41 more pounds badly. Want to hit this by my 1 yr anniversary. Sep is my 45th wedding anniversary and planning a big trip to Hawaii. Wish I could be close by then. Any suggestions from the older crowd would be greatly appreciated.

I am 60. I was sleeved Apr 15 2013. I am doing great. I have lost 31 lbs since my pre op diet 7 weeks ago.

Posted Today, 8:47 AM

Hi, I'm here and almost sixty. Have you had your surgery yet? Where are you from and who's your doctor? Hope to see many responders to this thread.

Hi Group,

To answer these questions, I haven't had my surg yet. I'm from Charlotte and Dr. Pirello is my surgeon. Good surgeon I've heard -- but very cold.

How about everyone else??

warmly,

WeeWers

Hello WeeWers how are you? I hope you are doing well these days. I have been trying to find this group but for some reason it dropped off and I still cannot figure it out. After a 2 week stall I lost another 2 pounds so I am now officially down 50 pounds since surgery. This is really hard I would have thought the weight would come off fast but it is not. I think some of my problems come from the fact I am still so heavy and walking is just an effort for me at this point. My knees still hurt when I walk around for more than 15 minutes so there is no 30 minute walks for me. I am hoping this will be resolved in time. I did'nt get fat overnight so getting thinner will also take time. The hot Florida weather is now upon us and it will be hot and humid until end of October.

When is your surgery date? I had mine done in Tampa, FL by Dr. Alfredo Fernandez on March 11th. Keep in touch and let me know how you are doing.

Always,

Cheryl

shhhhhh.....I'm trying to pass for 39... B)

Me too...lol

I'm 67. See my surgeon June 12. Hope to get a July date. My paperwork was submitted to insurance last week. At first I thought I was too old to even think about doing this. After asking questions at my bariatric center, they assured me they have done several people in their 70's.

and Gmanbat, I thought you were 39. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using VST

63 here. I got my sleeve on Jan 9 and have lost 55lbs so far. I'm doing great. My knee don't hurt anymore and that make waking a lot easier! I am having a big problem with hives that keep coming and going? My doctor doesn't think its related to the sleeve but maybe stress? Anyone have any ideas about this? I just started predisone today and I hope it doesn't make me gain weight! I am going to be watching every mouthful of food.< /p>

Excuse my spelling and grammer!

Mokee,

Do know why you aren't losing the way you would like? How is your carb intake? Plenty of Protein? I'v read in The Big Book that it's Protein first, then veggies, then a bit of fruit -- with the idea that by the time you eat your veggies -- you'll have no room for the fruit.

Let us know how you are doing -- we all care about you here.

warmly,

WeeWers

Karen353,

Yes! You are doing great. What is the total amount of pounds you want to lose?

warmly,

WeeWers

Hi Cheryl!

Gee, I *wish* I could walk for 15 minutes. At home I have to use a walker, and if we go ouy, I'm in a wheel chair.

15 minutes is great -- don't overtax those knees. How much weight is your total amount you wanted to lose?

warmly,

WeeWers

Weewers

I have to eat more carbs than most because I am a diabetic on insulin. My endo wants me on 3 times the amount I actually eat. I do follow all the rules. I eat Protein first. I also follow the 30-30 rule on liquids. I never drink with meals ever. After you have surgery you will find out what I mean. I have to exercise more the plain truth, somehow. I am sorry you are on a walker but those days will hopefully be over after the surgery.

Just to give you hope I lost 15 lbs on the 2 week pre op diet. And another 15 in the next month. Then it started to get slower. 3 months later another 36. Now I finally broke my stall of 5 weeks and lost another 2 . Woohoo, I thought maybe it was over for me.

Best of luck to you.