Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2013 sleevers?

Where did everyone go!? How tha heck are ya!!!??

I haven't heard from my bunch in a while. I miss y'all.

Where did everyone go!? How tha heck are ya!!!??

I haven't heard from my bunch in a while. I miss y'all.

Hi, I,m a March 11th vsg newbie and this is my first attempt trying to connect with anyone with this surgery. Im 5'2 and weighed 234lbs the day of surgery and now I currently weigh 193.3lbs. I know I have a long way to go but I feel great. My goal weight is 160 or 150 if I'm strong enough. I'm 42 years old and have 2 wonderful daughters ages 20 and 12. I have a great man for a little over eight years who supports and stands by me through all my struggles, which makes me very blessed and lucky. I am ovarian cancer survivor since 2000. In 2008 I had diverticulitis surgery and had 14 inches of my intestine removed. I suffered, but some how made it through again. On the day of my vsg surgery I also had 3 hernias repaired and some adhesions removed, so that made it 3 different types of surgeries all in the same day. Now, I recently underwent a mammogram exam and was told that I needed a biopsy on May 9th, had It done, uncomfortable but lived through It. Now what kills me is that I have been over weight for the past 10 years and I've felt that I am exactly where I want to be now in my life. I'm losing the weight my kids are doing well in school and my relationship couldn't be any better and on May 20th I went in for my results. I was told I now have breast cancer, stage zero. Need surgery to remove a mass and was told after recovery I would need radiation 5 days a week for 6 weeks and have to be on a certain medication for five years after that. Could you believe my misfortune, I still can't believe this is happening and I'm going crazy. I am sorry I have laid all this on you, it's just I needed to tell someone I don't have any emotional attachment too so they can tell me it is all worth it. Cause I feel like giving up. Please post my story to everyone who can help. I am new at this and don't know how to do it myself. Please help, I'm begging you. If anyone has any information, I would love to hear it right about now.. Tell me how go on without crying every minute? Thanks.

So sorry to hear what you are going through right now - I can't even imagine! My thoughts and prayers are with you! Hang in there!

I'm so sorry for all you are going through. I'm praying for you that all will go well from here on in. Hang in there and post often so we can all help as best we can.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I am here. Posted a few times but didnt get a response ( think it was when everyone was moving to facebook).

My vsg was March 18. Its been an up and down process for me. Literally. I lose 1, gain 2, lose 2, lose 1, etc... So far its 29 lbs since surgery. 47 total since the process began.

I feel good but have found skinny people must not sit or sleep much because my butt and hips hurt whenever I try to sleep or sit :-)

I'm here too... Sleeved March 4. Down 43 lbs. my dr says I'm a slow loser :/... Which was discouraging because I am following all his rules and that statement really bummed me out. I think I need to cut the cord with him and take complete ownership over this process. I rarely comment on this app but reading all your posts has helped me tremendously.

So sorry to hear what you are going through right now - I can't even imagine! My thoughts and prayers are with you! Hang in there!

I am going to say one thing and that is. I started eating solids after six weeks and I found that, I could eat everything except anything fried. I would throw it all up. March 11th was my surgery, weighed 234lbs. Now I weigh 191lbs. I lose like 2lbs. a week now and I can barely keep anything down. I find myself praying that I don't throw everything up so I won't get so hungry every hour. I snack on lots of carrots and honey wheat pretzels with cream cheese, the one with onion and chives, that stays down pretty well, but I need meat. I make some bake chicken with stuffing and that agrees with me. I only eat a little but it tastes so good with mixed vegetables, boiled with a little sugar and when done some butter and some salt. It lasts about 3 days, and that's me eating it for Breakfast, lunch and dinner. I can't stomach anything else. Don't know what to do? I hate Soups and broth, can't stand cottage cheese and I am starting to hate yogurts. What else can I make any suggestions? Please give me some ideas? Need help on what to eat for march sleeves.

I am going to say one thing and that is. I started eating solids after six weeks and I found that' date=' I could eat everything except anything fried. I would throw it all up. March 11th was my surgery, weighed 234lbs. Now I weigh 191lbs. I lose like 2lbs. a week now and I can barely keep anything down. I find myself praying that I don't throw everything up so I won't get so hungry every hour. I snack on lots of carrots and honey wheat pretzels with cream cheese, the one with onion and chives, that stays down pretty well, but I need meat. I make some bake chicken with stuffing and that agrees with me. I only eat a little but it tastes so good with mixed vegetables, boiled with a little sugar and when done some butter and some salt. It lasts about 3 days, and that's me eating it for Breakfast, lunch and dinner. I can't stomach anything else. Don't know what to do? I hate Soups and broth, can't stand cottage cheese and I am starting to hate yogurts. What else can I make any suggestions? Please give me some ideas? Need help on what to eat for march sleeves.[/quote']

Thank you so much for your prayers and support i really appreciate it so much.

Hey Marchies! Just thought I'd post something here since there hasn't been much activity and in case someone goes looking (like I did ;) )

I was sleeved on the 28th of March, I've had no issues.

I didn't have a pre-op diet just no food food 12 hours before surgery and nothing in my mouth 9 hours before surgery.

My starting weight was 356

I am tall, at 6'2 so my BMI was about 44.

Current weight is 286

That's 70 pounds gone as of 4 months or 16 weeks post op.

:D:lol:

I am a March 11 slever- cant believe its almost 5 months.

5' tall

SW 243

HW 259

CW 185

I was at 183 but now up 2 lbs and stalled for a week. I can probably eat most anything except steak. I get about 650 calories, 25-30 in carbs, and happy with my progress. I was a 3x top down to a 1X and a 24 bottom to a 16, sometimes a 14. My biggest obstacle continues to be eating too fast but I am improving. My biggest NSV - no hair loss so far!!!

Ann

I was March 18. As of yesterday i have lost 62lbs. I havent weighed myself today. I am hopeful when i do weigh i will have finally hit 199. I have been dancing around it for a week.

I am a slow loser and thats ok. The scale is moving in the right direction and thats all that counts.

My clothes dont fit and my hair IS falling out, but i will take my active busy life over the pain and inactivity i had before.

And i thinkbi am cutting my hair short :-)

I also had my surgery the 18th March. I am down 55lbs but don't consider myself as a slow loser. I started at 200lbs and my doctor is very happy with my results. He told me that he would like me to stay at my present weight but if I was going to loose more he didn't want me to loose more than 10lbs. I really want to loose another 20lbs. I'll see what happens over the next few weeks. Great job all of you.

Its good to read your progress. I have been worries. Started at 239 on June 3 when I had my surgery and I an mow 203. I was told a pound day before surgery and was worried I am doing something wrong because its almost 2 months and I've only lost 36 lbs. any pointers for me regarding diet and exercise would be greatly appreciated.