Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My wagon got a flat tire..

And I jumped off, I am desperately trying to fix it.

But I am consumed with thoughts of, well if one tire is weak then perhaps they are all destined to fail. Is it just fear of failure or is there a much more sinister thing going on? Like trying to give up so I can give in?

I'm writing this as I sit in the drivers seat again.

Albeit a much bumpier ride at the moment.

Wrong place I see now. But I didn't need answers anyway :)

Fix that tire and keep on truckin' :)

The tire wasn't weak - it just hit something in the road! patch it up and get back on the road.

Reading everyone's success stories here on VST always reinflates my tires. And if that doesn't work' date=' reading the "regain" threads certainly does the trick.[/quote']

Butter the regain ones scare the **** outta me!

And not in a good way.

I think I'm just having one of those moments of paralysis in which moving forward is scary but going backwards is even more scary! So I got stuck.

I know I dropped a pair of big girl panties around here somewhere... Time to pick them up out them on and face the challenge again.

Butter the regain ones scare the **** outta me!

And not in a good way.

I think I'm just having one of those moments of paralysis in which moving forward is scary but going backwards is even more scary! So I got stuck.

I know I dropped a pair of big girl panties around here somewhere... Time to pick them up out them on and face the challenge again.

You can do it Laura!

Take a deep breath. Keep calm and carry on. Winston Churchill said that I believe during WWII in the midst of insurmountable odds. You are a strong person.

Maybe you need "we are the champions" or the Rocky theme playing in your ears when you have those scary moments of regain. Seriously, there might be a thought, a visual or an audio that might help you in those burning times of desire to eat.

Regain is something I think a lot about because I too fell off my horse today (maybe it was from getting beat up on a different thread). I may look like my post op is all unicorns and rainbows ( did I just say that?), but controlling my eating when hunger strikes is really hard even though I am already eating Protein every 3 hours.

Your struggle with food is probably different from mine. Some people eat candy, some people eat bread. My habit is to eat 2-3 Protein Bars when 1 or none is better. It is scary when my body screams for another after one. My resolve is to eat max one a day. And if that does not work, get them the hell out of the house.

I already tried moving them to the garage, but that only lasted for a few days. 2 Protein Bars is about 400 calories and 40 carbs. Not the end of the world, but I hate the feeling of losing power over food no matter what it is. This issue got a lot stronger at month 7, especially when I started exercising quite a bit daily.

So what am I saying? We all struggle with hunger and those nagging desires post op. Wish they did not exist, but that is something we need to understand about ourselves and learn to cope with. I do not know the answers, but know they will be found as post op journey carries on.

Keep calm and carry on.

Let the regain stories inform you, not scare you. Many of the people who have had regain are working on it, and learning from it... they and medical science will help to find answers.

You can do it Laura!

Take a deep breath. Keep calm and carry on. Winston Churchill said that I believe during WWII in the midst of insurmountable odds. You are a strong person.

Maybe you need "we are the champions" or the Rocky theme playing in your ears when you have those scary moments of regain. Seriously' date=' there might be a thought, a visual or an audio that might help you in those burning times of desire to eat.

Regain is something I think a lot about because I too fell off my horse today (maybe it was from getting beat up on a different thread). I may look like my post op is all unicorns and rainbows ( did I just say that?), but controlling my eating when hunger strikes is really hard even though I am already eating Protein every 3 hours.

Your struggle with food is probably different from mine. Some people eat candy, some people eat bread. My habit is to eat 2-3 Protein bars when 1 or none is better. It is scary when my body screams for another after one. My resolve is to eat max one a day. And if that does not work, get them the hell out of the house.

I already tried moving them to the garage, but that only lasted for a few days. 2 protein bars is about 400 calories and 40 carbs. Not the end of the world, but I hate the feeling of losing power over food no matter what it is. This issue got a lot stronger at month 7, especially when I started exercising quite a bit daily.

So what am I saying? We all struggle with hunger and those nagging desires post op. Wish they did not exist, but that is something we need to understand about ourselves and learn to cope with. I do not know the answers, but know they will be found as post op journey carries on.

Keep calm and carry on.[/quote']

Man you need to throw out those bars. I too get cravings for stuff....for me it's sweets (Reece's and kit kats). That might be what you're having, cause in the absence of any real candy bars the protein bars may be your substitute. Anyway, when I get the craving I throw a heaping handful of kale, 1.5 cups of Water and 2 scoops of chocolate Protein powder in the vitamix. 10 seconds later I have a Protein shake that is way more filling because of the kale, but I barely taste it.

Let the regain stories inform you' date=' not scare you. Many of the people who have had regain are working on it, and learning from it... they and medical science will help to find answers.[/quote']

Yes I see your point on this.. I need to work on this all or nothing mentality I've got going on right now.

I want you to know I do read your thread about weight gain, and it's not doom and gloom it's life and friends talking things out, and working on, what amounts to a very manageable situation.

And I need to come to terms with fluctuation in weight is part of life even after the sleeve.

You can do it Laura!

Maybe you need "we are the champions" or the Rocky theme playing in your ears when you have those scary moments of regain. Seriously' date=' there might be a thought, a visual or an audio that might help you in those burning times of desire to eat.

Your struggle with food is probably different from mine. Some people eat candy, some people eat bread. My habit is to eat 2-3 Protein bars when 1 or none is better. It is scary when my body screams for another after one. My resolve is to eat max one a day. And if that does not work, get them the hell out of the house.

I already tried moving them to the garage, but that only lasted for a few days. 2 protein bars is about 400 calories and 40 carbs. Not the end of the world, but I hate the feeling of losing power over food no matter what it is. This issue got a lot stronger at month 7, especially when I started exercising quite a bit daily.

Keep calm and carry on.[/quote']

Butter is right we must rid ourselves of these things that we have no control over. For me it's the crap that's been around since camping

(chocolate and chips)

And fiddle don't sweat that crazy person on the other thread :)

Yes, that is well said. Post op is a very pliable situation and not a success or a failure (insert Yoda-ism here, lol). There is never failure until you give up and stop trying. Each meal, each day, each week, each month or even in some cases, each year, is an opportunity to reevaluate. It is a time to pause and take a roll of what is working and what is not working. And then make a small change. As long as you are goal driven, your subconscious mind has no choice but to align circumstances to help move you towards that goal.

I've been a year at goal. In that year, I have fallen off the wagon, topped out at my new "allowable" top weight of 140 twice, spent a few weeks drinking too much (two, twice a week is now my limit) and faced the fact that I am still food obsessed and probably will be for the rest of my life. Heck, I quit smoking about 25 years ago and still, every once and a while, I really, really want one. I'm just that kind of girl.

Laura-Ven, as long as you get back on the wagon, falling off is no big deal. Even the most natural thin person eats something bad once in a while.

That's why we are vets: we've been in the war longer. Take that fatty food: Kapow!

Lynda

Regain is something I think a lot about because I too fell off my horse today (maybe it was from getting beat up on a different thread).

And fiddle don't sweat that crazy person on the other thread :)

Okay....so now I'm totally intrigued. What was this post that someone beat up on Fiddleman? I can't imagine anyone having nothing negative to say to Fiddleman ever. Me and Laura.....yeah....but not you. You're too nice.

Okay....so now I'm totally intrigued. What was this post that someone beat up on Fiddleman? I can't imagine anyone having nothing negative to say to Fiddleman ever. Me and Laura.....yeah....but not you. You're too nice.

Butter! Me and you??? Never! :P

I was not trying to be mean at all in that post, just being a firm voice for the success of VSG as a viable solution for both pre ops needing to evaluate a decision and post ops needing to validate their decision.

I think several people read it quite the wrong way or I entirely came across the wrong way in how I communicated my opinion. There was even another thread started as on offshoot where I was hung.