Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 days post op (my experience so far)

I was sleeved March 25 (yay!!) I had to do the liquid diet for 2 weeks prior and of course 2 weeks after but I am SO ready for food! I haven't cheated (well I would chew Pringles and spit them out a few days before surgery) and I plan on going these 9 more days on liquids until I can have puréed food! These gas pains are HORRID! Today is the first day I've gotten up and really walked around (the other days I tried but just felt too weak or started to be in pain or just didn't feel like it). I feel like that helped my gas move but no bowel movement yet! (I'm wondering why nobody told me about this whole gas issue before but good thing for the forums because I read about getting the Gas X strips which were a big help) I only stayed one night in the hospital and the only thing I remember was wanting more morphine and sleeping lol I had a HORRIBLE roommate in the hospital (an elderly lady that moaned and talked all night) and was in a lot of discomfort up until...well that's still going on, but every day has gotten better! I haven't reached my Water or Protein goal daily yet but I'm able to take more in each day! I really can't wait for soft foods..geez! I'm supposed to return to work on Tuesday but I'm thinking of pushing that back until Wednesday. I felt in a fog and pretty drugged when I went walking around the grocery store today and I kind of can't imagine driving just yet! I'm trying to take the Percocet and Benadryl (I experience side effects with Percocet like itching and Benadryl helps) only at night but so far I was able to hold off until about 5pm with 2 more doses during the night. Today I haven't had any pain killers (besides baby Tylenol - minimal pain and my back is starting to hurt). This was my first post so I'm trying to cover everything but so far so good! I haven't gotten on the scale because I'm still so bloated from the gas but I can't wait to see results!!!!! Anyone else going through the same thing?! Can't wait to hear from y'all! Oh yea I'm 27 in New Orleans it's seafood season down here and I'm dying for some good food!!!!!!

Hi Jill, congrats on your surgery! Sounds like you are right on track! I'm on my 4th day of the dreaded 14 day liquid pre- op diet! I hate this! Can't wait to be where you are! We lived in New Orleans and the MS Gulf Coast for several years! I miss my great seafood! In fact, for my last meal, I had Boiled Crawfish shipped here! They were delicious! :)

Houston, those pre op days are going to go fast! I hope I am on track I thought I'd be doing more 5 days out but I guess that's unrealistic! Good luck! It's all so exciting!! Ohh crawfish was definitely my last meal as well lol

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I am 11 days post opt. I pretty much experienced all the same things. I am greeting in 3 Protein Drinks a day plus liquid. I am excited for the purée phase, but will be real happy with the soft food phase. I lost 15 lbs in my one week check up. I was very surprised when I got on the scale.< /p>

Golfer, that's awesome I'm nowhere near that in Protein or liquid...maybe I need to try harder! I can't wait to get on the scale...I'm trying my best to wait until I'm not so bloated and swollen!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Golfer' date=' that's awesome I'm nowhere near that in Protein or liquid...maybe I need to try harder! I can't wait to get on the scale...I'm trying my best to wait until I'm not so bloated and swollen!

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

Quick update:

I am now 30 days post op. I am still able to take in my Protein drinks and Fluid. I can eat chobani yogurt pretty easily and oatmeal.

I have tried tuna and puréed chicken. Goes down, but I get full extremely quick. I don't even think I take in a quarter cup.

I have made the puréed chicken 4-5 different ways. Good recipes on this site.

Puréed chili isn't bad either, but a quarter cup and I'm full.

Mashed potato's was easy to eat.

I add a little Isopure protien powder to the chili and mashed potato's.

I only weigh in at my appts. It's very hard not to step on the scale, but I wait until my appts. My next appt is not for 3 weeks, so it will be tough to wait.

Good luck