Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today, i kissed myself! :$

OK hold on, i know that you may find the topic title weird/odd, but i promise you am not a *****/freak.

but it is true, i kissed myself today, and i find this to be a NSV that is worth sharing.

First, before i go into the subject, let me tell you a little about myself.

1. I HATE MYSELF!

2. I HATE MYSELF!

3. I HATE MYSELF!

4. I HAVE ALWAYS HATED MYSELF!

5. DID I SAY, I HATE MYSELF?

6. IN CASE I FORGOT, I HATE MYSELF.

This has all changed today as i was washing the dishes. This past valentine, my husband has gave me a mirror as a gift, this mirror is heart shaped and my husband decided to glue it on the wall that i face when i am at the sink, when he glued it, he said and i quote: " this is for you to always remember how beautiful you have became and have always been". well, it was a sweet thing from him to gift and say BUT i have always ignored mirrors, because i have always seen a reflection of someone who i never thought i was, i acted different than what i see in the mirror, i act as if i am small but the mirror has always showed a big reflection which i hated!

Well to make this long story short. Today, as i was washing the dishes, i take take a look at the mirror and look back down BUT i looked back at myself right away because what i saw has pleased me!! I saw a beautiful 20 year old woman who is the exact reflection of my soul, i thought i looked beautiful, and i questioned myself: is this really me? I teared up and all of the sudden without paying attention to what i am doing, I kissed the mirror and stood up and smiled (but whats wrong with complimenting myself) UGH, i confess it felt weird but for the first time i love myself.

This made my day, and i sure could not leave it at that.

I walked swiftly to my husband in the living room and told him that he is a very lucky man to have me. HAHAHAHA he was weak. BUT i was very happy, and in a very good mood all of the sudden.

I am sure this has happened to someone else, kissing the mirror/liking what you see... it happens right?

I find it okay to compliment myself, because what i went through was not easy, what i gave away to be at this state of body was not easy, it is okay to like what i see even for a moment right?

Sorry for this long post, i thought i had to share, please give yourself credit, you deserve it.

images.jpg

Nope, not weird, but awesome. You go girl.

Way to go! Congrats girl...I cant.wait to start loving myself too.

Do share your pre & post pics :)

Alisha

Sent from my S Galaxy using VST

Well I had a similar moment. I too would avoid mirrors for the same reasons and one day last week, I went to the restroom at work and washing my hands I look in the mirror quickly and looked back and automatically tested up because I could not believe the reflection. I still had on some of my preop clothes which to me I should still be wearing, at least in my mind, and I could not believe how big and baggy the shirt and pants were that used to hug and tug in most areas. I am 9 weeks post op and have lost approx 40lbs and people compliment me all the time but mentally I am still the same "big girl" if u know what I mean until that moment that it hit me "wow look at yourself you look great and I am so proud of myself for doing this and sticking it out everyday!!"

Nope, not weird, but awesome. You go girl.

Thank you!

Way to go! Congrats girl...I cant.wait to start loving myself too.

Do share your pre & post pics :)

Alisha

Thank you hun, and you should already start loving yourself because its a big thing thing surgery, it is a success by itself!

Well I had a similar moment. I too would avoid mirrors for the same reasons and one day last week, I went to the restroom at work and washing my hands I look in the mirror quickly and looked back and automatically tested up because I could not believe the reflection. I still had on some of my preop clothes which to me I should still be wearing, at least in my mind, and I could not believe how big and baggy the shirt and pants were that used to hug and tug in most areas. I am 9 weeks post op and have lost approx 40lbs and people compliment me all the time but mentally I am still the same "big girl" if u know what I mean until that moment that it hit me "wow look at yourself you look great and I am so proud of myself for doing this and sticking it out everyday!!"

hahah glad am not alone!!! congrats and by new clothes, you will see a greater difference in your body once you were something that fits!! congrats on the surgery and good luck you can do it!

I am proud of you and excited for you. Celebrate life!

I am proud of you and excited for you. Celebrate life!

thank you hun, and congrats on the 100+ pounds lost <3 i bet you look wonderful :D

I like you and your sweetie!! Enjoy!

I like you and your sweetie!! Enjoy!

Thank you hun :D

That is so awesome! You made me cry. I have always felt tiny inside but yes mirror said other wise. I have days where I dont recognize myself in the mirror and then I have other days I feel I haven't changed at all. Congratulations on the new you!!

That is so awesome! You made me cry. I have always felt tiny inside but yes mirror said other wise. I have days where I dont recognize myself in the mirror and then I have other days I feel I haven't changed at all. Congratulations on the new you!!

Aweee, i wish you good luck and sooner than later you will start to see that tiny beautiful woman that is inside you reflected on the mirror and only then you will give yourself a long overdue kiss. Again good luck hun and keep me udated cause i feel that the day you see how tiny you have became will be here very soon!

Best thing I've read all day. Full stop.

Thank you for posting this as I am sure that most of us feel this way when looking at ourselves. It is hard to really look and appreciate the reflection staring back at us. I know I often have to do a double take if I just accidentally catch a glimpse of myself - I usually am wondering who is that person looking at me!