Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling seasoned sleevess - Im fre- c

Im hoping some seasoned sleevers can help me. I feel badly posting this when I read some of the difficulties people are having. I'm a little over a week post op- started purée today and am having no issues. With anything. I can see where getting your fluids in can be tough in the beginning balancing food and hydration, but I ate just about a little less than measured for each: 1/4 cup egg at Breakfast, 1/4 cup refried Beans at lunch and 1/4 cup Greek yogurt and chicken purée. I still have to have one Protein Shake.

I didn't feel too uncomfortable, it didn't hurt and then I worried that my sleeve isn't working. I know this is dumb because I shouldn't have to have issues ( and don't want them!!) and know that I'm still so early on--- what do I know!? I'm most terrified that it is not working and I won't lose. I am trying to really watch my sugars and carbs and only incorporate them where I really want (said refried beans).

Has anyone further along and successful felt like this? My calorie count today after my last Protein shake will be about 550. All last week on liquids I was around 300. Now I know this is ridiculous because no one is going to gain weight with that count!!

hey sleevers... Im 5 weeks out started mussy stufff like greek yougart.. applesauce... cream soups... one problem I have is runny stools ... am I doing something wrong and is there something I can take to bind myself up... acctually dehidrated myself and had to get 3 days of IV fluids.... food is stayin down but coming out the other way... : (

capeciw: are you following your surgeon's recommendations? At a little over a week post surgery your sleeve is still numb. Please be careful with what you're eating. Make sure you drink your Water and try to get in atleast 70 grams of Protein a day (your body needs the Protein to heal). And yes, you will lose weight :-)

gigi: liquid in = liquid out . It WILL get better as you add solids back into your diet. Please drink your water! Especially since you are having diarrhea. You may want to add a probiotic once a day until your system recuperates.

Thanks for the response!! I am following the instructions to a "t". Suppose to have 3 puree meals and 2 Protein shakes, and all the 6-8 ounces of Water.

Got in a little over 60 Protein today. Hard to know exact because I didn't eat all of what I measured or made, except for Protein Shakes which were 25 g each. I made one egg which ended up 1/4 cup all fluffy but i left about half or so. Every "meal" i left half to a third. Got in 9-8 ounces glasses if Water, not counting shakes. My phone stop watch got a work out.!!! :) It was a full time job to coordinate it all and stop drinking around eating (30 min before was easy, 2 after was harder) and i can see that being difficult- but the eating and drinking is going fine. I guess I just feel like it is going too smoothly. I know I should be happy with that, and am, but really prepared myself for more difficulty.

Tomorrow I'm going to have try some cottage cheese for breakfast, yogurt for lunch and some turkey meatball/sauce purée or mashed potatoes for dinner ---have to see how I feel on the last one.

I just reread this and between your good point about it still being numb and the fact that I left half of one egg when not so long ago I would eat a three egg omelet, bacon, hash brown and 2 pieces toast and not always be done shows me I am crazy and doing fine. Lol.

Thanks so much for the help... going to get some of those probiotics... have been a little depressed. about this.... really could not return to work with this goin on.... barely made it to the washroom at home..... all over the floor... gonna go back Monday.... wish me luck..... gonna bring change of clothes just in case.... can I take pepto bismol ????