Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nassau County New York

I'm in nassau, using dr brathwaite at winthrop though

Im from suffolk, its hard to find islanders on here!

Hi Lee - were you sleeved yet?

Not yet. Going on tuesday morning. (26th) so excited! :)

Good Luck to you. I'm 5 weeks postoperative. Lost 44 lbs in 7 weeks. You can ask me anything on this thread or send me a PM. Glad to help!

That sounds great! Ill have a lot of questions for you lol

How was your recovery?

That sounds great! Ill have a lot of questions for you lol

How was your recovery?

Recovery was quick. Went into hospital on Tuesday out by Thursday. Went back to work on the following Wednesday. liquid Diet for four weeks post op.

Recovery was quick. Went into hospital on Tuesday out by Thursday. Went back to work on the following Wednesday. liquid diet for four weeks post op.

Wow that is fast. I took off work for 2 weeks. Im not sure if i should have for that long.

I never had any type of surgery so i dont really know what to expect. But it makes me feel better to know that you felt good after that long!

Hi everyone . Mercy hospital rockville center with Dr. Angstadt. I am 2 1/2 weeks post op. Nice to meet you all. i took offf work for 2 weeks . I bartend and was tired after my shift , maybe went back too soon but i have to start walking more and maybe that will help. If i had a desk job would have been noooo problem, but i on my feet for 8 hours or more...everything going pretty well just have some anxiety issues i have to learn to deal with.

Hi everyone . Mercy hospital rockville center with Dr. Angstadt. I am 2 1/2 weeks post op. Nice to meet you all. i took offf work for 2 weeks . I bartend and was tired after my shift ' date=' maybe went back too soon but i have to start walking more and maybe that will help. If i had a desk job would have been noooo problem, but i on my feet for 8 hours or more...everything going pretty well just have some anxiety issues i have to learn to deal with.[/quote']

Congratulations and welcome to the bench! I'm almost 7 weeks postop.

Greetings from Northport in Suffolk. Got sleeved on 3/27 and am doing well. I did have a lot of nausea, for 4 days post surgery.

I am pretty sure I am not getting enough hydration each day nor enough Protein. I am on week 3, pureed foods only, and struggling more with the need for finding "taste". I have become somewhat of a fussy eater though (which is just the opposite of what I was prior to surgery). Some food is just plane repulsive to me. Looking forward to finding compatible foods in the next phase, soft/mushy food.< /p>

Hope we can keep a local Long Island dialogue going.

I am having revision surgery with Dr. Barkan at Winthrop University. Currently waiting on insurance approval.

Good luck Tricia! What insurance do you have? What were your requirements?

Thank you!! I did a psych and nutrition eval, upper GI, pulmonary clearance, endoscopy, 6 month diet history, lab work and cardiology clearance. I have United Healthcare Oxford. This time around for the revision I had a lot less pre-op testing.