Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Revision Surgery Update

Hi all,

Sorry I didn't get online yesterday. I was admitted at 7am, but didn't actually go in for surgery until around 2:30pm. I was lucky enough to get to lay around and watch cooking shows, dreaming of food I won't be able to eat for weeks LOL.

Yesterday evening is pretty much a blur. The hubby and daughter dropped by briefly, but apart from that, I just slept alot.

The surgeon dropped by this morning. He said that the revision was a bit more difficult than they'd hoped and that he accidently pricked my stomach while removing the old band. He sewed that up, but wants me to stay an extra day or two to be on iv antibiotics.

Other than that though, I feel pretty good. Much better than last time for sure. The only pain I've had is shoulder tip pain, accompanied by nausea, but that's only when I'm standing (I've gone for about a dozen walks today cause I'm bored). When I'm laying down though, that goes away quickly.

Anywho, just wanted to give you all an update. Thanks for the well wishes and prayers! They worked :)

Glad you're OK, nasty news about being in a day or two longer.

Here's hoping all complications are behind you now, and its a smooth road ahead.

You probably dont want to hear that I've been lying around in the backyard in the glorious 26 degrees celcius sunshine! I hope you're enjoying it from the window, lol!

Glad that everything has gone well and you are on the road to recovery!

Glad to hear that you are feeling good, you sound as if you are in high spirits and that is great!!! Good luck with a quick and healthy recovery.:clap2:

Good to hear from you. Glad everything went well. Now you can be back on the bandwagon!! Take it easy, feel better.

Thanks everyone :)

I'm at home now, thankfully. The nurses were laughing at me cause I've been up since 4am with my bags packed, ready to go. I'll be on antibiotics for a month cause of the stomach puncture thing, but that's okay. Not really in any pain at the moment, but have realized that's mostly because the bottom half of my stomach is still completely numb from the Tummy Tuck earlier this year.

My dear husband has me sat up on the couch with seasons one and two of Nip/Tuck lol .. I've been wanting to watch it but have wanted to put it off til after the surgery hehe.

Just had a nice bowl of watery Soup and thankfully, not hungry at all. Hopefully that will last for the next three weeks LOL.