Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

which surgery

I am a 25 year old female and I have been diagnosed with high blood pressure and high cholesterol with heart attacks running in my family history and I was contemplating the lap band or sleeve just looking for some imput im 268lbs 5' 9".

My daughters have the band and one weighs over 300 lbs the other is doing ok, but is saving her money for sleeve this summer. The fills run near $300 where we live and the vomiting is a sure bet. On a more negative aspect of the band read my profile story. So far the sleeve is a God send, but I'm only 7 weeks out so, we'll see.

Good luck!

Hi! I'm the same stats as you and am just starting the process (I'm pre-op). I looked into the band and the bypass a couple of years ago and was turned off by both. 4 months ago I learned about the sleeve and all the things that turned me off of the other WLS were not factors in sleeve surgery (such as having a port & having to go for fills, or having my insides totally rearranged & having to take supplements for ever). You're smart to be researching, as this is an individual choice --- I can only say what I feel is right for me. But I do have to say that there are plenty of folks on here who are having their band changed to the sleeve. Unfortunately, it's often the case that the band has slipped and caused damage.

I did the band first in 2007 , and now I was just sleeved on jan24. I did lose the weight at first with the band then I did gain most of it back . I didnt like if I took one wrong bite it would ruin my whole meal . I had a lot of vomiting cause my food would get stuck. When I was starving I would eat too fast. I was still able to eat as much as I wanted because I never had the full feeling. You become wise to what you can eat healthy or not . As of right now, I would recommend the sleeve over the band . I am only one week post op and really happy. Im still on Clear Liquids and truthfully Im not physically hungry just head hungry. And I like knowing that this is forever . Maybe someone feels different . Good luck :)