Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i know i know!!!! it's for my health, it was the best decision... yada yada yada! but right now i am very much regretting this decision. i can't get anything to stay down except for broth. everything else is regurgitated over and over. i should be starting pureed next tues but how can i do that when i can't even get full liquids to stay down. i swallow, it goes down to about my breast bone and then the regurgitation starts. heavy milk products come back up curdled, other things get foamy. i just want to feel normal again. saw my doctor for my 7 day post op today and he said you look great and hopefully it will get better over time. i go back in a month to see him again and i go to see my nut next wed. i am so afraid i'm going to start losing my hair because of the lack of Protein. just don't know what to do

Keep the faith. It will get better and you'll soon NOT regret this decision. ;)

Don't be so hard on yourself!!!....Everything will be okay!!!

I think all of us have buyer's remorse at some point post op....this is normal!! Not being able to keep anything down and not being able to eat anything can be so frustrating, i know. You just need to hang in there!!! If you can keep broth down, then drink broth...it will help you stay hydrated. Can you tolerate any other Clear Liquids (i.e. Isopure, Water, SF popsicles)? In the first 10 days post op, I lived on these things. Also, you don't HAVE TO move to pureed foods exactly when you're "supposed" to. If you aren't ready for the next stage, then stay where you are.

The first few weeks after surgery are the most difficult and, I promise, 6 months from now you will love your sleeve!!!

Just hang in there and try and stay positive!!!

Oh, and as far as losing your hair....it will grow back!! I had quite a bit of Hair loss for about 4 months and then it stopped. By the time you start losing hair, you will have dropped a significant amount of weight and the trade off will be worth it!!!

Your stomach is still recovering from being sliced, diced and pulled out. It will settle down soon. Remember all the reasons you did this in the first place. You'll soon be where you want to be. I'm only 7 weeks post op and already the punishing weeks of liquids, soft food etc have become part of the insignificant past. Keep your eye on the prize - you can do this! :)

I have had buyer's remorse since surgery Nov. 12. I step on the scale and see that I'm down 53 pounds then the remorse goes away. However the remorse comes back after I eat and throw up and feel like doodoo for two hours after. Then I wake up and weigh and buyer's remorse be gone! It has been a vicious cycle for 6 weeks! Hoping it gets better too!

[quote name=Lisa :)' timestamp='1356570485' post='608254]

Don't be so hard on yourself!!!....Everything will be okay!!!

I think all of us have buyers remorse at some point post op....this is normal!! Not being able to keep anything down and not being able to eat anything can be so frustrating, i know. You just need to hang in there!!! If you can keep broth down, then drink broth...it will help you stay hydrated. Can you tolerate any other Clear Liquids (i.e. Isopure, Water, SF popsicles)? In the first 10 days post op, I lived on these things. Also, don't HAVE TO move to pureed foods exactly when you're "supposed" to. If you aren't ready for the next stage then stay where you are.

The first few weeks after surgery are the most difficult and, I promise, 6 months from now you will love your sleeve!!!

Just hang in there and try and stay positive!!!

I have been drinking a 32 ounce Powerade Zero everyday so i think between that and the 24 ounces of Water in my broth i am staying pretty well hydrated. I haven't tried anything else as far as Protein drinks. my doc pushes for us to use whey Protein isolate and it is hard to find anything that tastes good that is the high quality protein. What does the Isopure taste like? Is is more of a juice??? I tried mixing my unflavored unjury powder with my Powerade and ended up throwing it out. gross. sorry to sound like such a whiney brat! i guess i am just having one of those moments! thanks for all of the encouragement! i guess there is nothing i can do about it now- not like they can stitch back in my stomach!!! lol! just hard to think it will be a huge struggle like this for 3,4,5,6 months. I just want to eat a bowl of veggie soup! isn't that crazy??? something simple like that sounds so good right now! the junk doesn't even sound good- just want some real food or at least something besides broth. i suppose my food addiction was so much worse than i thought. so glad you and everyone else are here to talk to. i don't want to admit that i am having a hard time to any of my family. they have been so sweet and supportive to me through this and i don't want to feel like i am failing already!

i know i know!!!! it's for my health' date=' it was the best decision... yada yada yada! but right now i am very much regretting this decision. i can't get anything to stay down except for broth. everything else is regurgitated over and over. i should be starting pureed next tues but how can i do that when i can't even get full liquids to stay down. i swallow, it goes down to about my breast bone and then the regurgitation starts. heavy milk products come back up curdled, other things get foamy. i just want to feel normal again. saw my doctor for my 7 day post op today and he said you look great and hopefully it will get better over time. i go back in a month to see him again and i go to see my nut next wed. i am so afraid i'm going to start losing my hair because of the lack of Protein. just don't know what to do[/quote']

Are you taking anything like Nexium or something else to help settle down your stomach? Your Dr. should give you something for the nausea and vomiting. I got two scripts for this, plus the Nexium for 3 months. I've not had any problems and have not had to take them (except the Nexium). Also, try very small sips, no straws, I mean really small sips. Early on, I would take a sip, swish it around and then swallow it, seemed to make it go down better. Also try drinking standing up. My post op nurse gave me that tip, and it really works.

You may still be really swollen inside from the surgery, which is why things are coming back up again. Take the smallest sips you can, and wait in between. Be sure to thin Soups or thicker beverages and take it extra slow with those. And I wouldn't try to progress to pureed foods until liquids are going better for you. It will get better soon just hang in there!

You mentioned you tried Unjury, have you tried their chicken broth flavor? I drank a lot of that in the early post-op days. It probably took me an hour or more to get down a whole cup, so having a mug warmer to keep it warm really helps. Be careful not to heat it too much though, you're aiming for warm, not hot. Too hot and the Protein will thicken into blobs. You might try the unflavored added to broth, or very thin creamy soups (I liked cream of potato, but you'd probably have trouble with that unless you get it really thin!)

I'm still PRE op but I see over and over, the siggestion for a good rx antacid and mention of lactose intolerance post op. might want to look into those things.

I have been drinking a 32 ounce Powerade Zero everyday so i think between that and the 24 ounces of Water in my broth i am staying pretty well hydrated. I haven't tried anything else as far as Protein drinks. my doc pushes for us to use whey Protein isolate and it is hard to find anything that tastes good that is the high quality protein. What does the Isopure taste like? Is is more of a juice??? I tried mixing my unflavored powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury powder with my Powerade and ended up throwing it out. gross. sorry to sound like such a whiney brat! i guess i am just having one of those moments! thanks for all of the encouragement! i guess there is nothing i can do about it now- not like they can stitch back in my stomach!!! lol! just hard to think it will be a huge struggle like this for 3,4,5,6 months. I just want to eat a bowl of veggie soup! isn't that crazy??? something simple like that sounds so good right now! the junk doesn't even sound good- just want some real food or at least something besides broth. i suppose my food addiction was so much worse than i thought. so glad you and everyone else are here to talk to. i don't want to admit that i am having a hard time to any of my family. they have been so sweet and supportive to me through this and i don't want to feel like i am failing already!

I know exactly what you mean about just wanting veggie soup!! I remember just wanting to eat a carrot!!! Your frustration is completely normal!!! I swear I was so cranky and angry about not being able to eat that I felt like I could kill somebody!! LOL

Isopure is not the best tasting thing in the world. My surgeon MADE ME drink 4 bottles of it before I was allowed to leave the hospital, so once I got home, I nixed it from my diet!! What I ended up doing, was adding unflavored Isopure powder to my broth. I couldn't taste it at all and it kept the broth clear!! Have you tried SF hot chocolate (just mixed with water)?...and how about SF popsicles?...I think I went through a box of popsicles a day for the first 10 days!!!

And even though, you're "supposed" to be getting your protein in...don't stress about it!! Your hydration is way more important right now and, in time, you'll be able to tolerate more and more.

And you aren't failing just because you're having a hard time. This journey is THE HARDEST thing I've ever done but it's also been the BEST THING I've ever done. Like others have said, keep your eye on the prize!! It's going to get easier. And once you start eating regular food, you won't think about it so much....your relationship with food will change :)

[quote name="Lisa :)]

I know exactly what you mean about just wanting veggie soup!! I remember just wanting to eat a carrot!!! Your frustration is completely normal!!! I swear I was so cranky and angry about not being able to eat that I felt like I could kill somebody!! LOL

Isopure is not the best tasting thing in the world. My surgeon MADE ME drink 4 bottles of it before I was allowed to leave the hospital' date=' so once I got home, I nixed it from my diet!! What I ended up doing, was adding unflavored Isopure powder to my broth. I couldn't taste it at all and it kept the broth clear!! Have you tried SF hot chocolate (just mixed with water)?...and how about SF popsicles?...I think I went through a box of popsicles a day for the first 10 days!!!

And even though, you're "supposed" to be getting your Protein in...don't stress about it!! Your hydration is way more important right now and, in time, you'll be able to tolerate more and more.

And you aren't failing just because you're having a hard time. This journey is THE HARDEST thing I've ever done but it's also been the BEST THING I've ever done. Like others have said, keep your eye on the prize!! It's going to get easier. And once you start eating regular food, you won't think about it so much....your relationship with food will change :)[/quote']

LOL about the carrot!!!! I told my husband when I was on my preop liquid Protein diet that I wanted to stab him in the neck with a fork for a carrot. He looked at me pitifully and said, "you wouldn't have to get violent! I would have given it to you!"