Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3Months And Checking In

Hi ,

I haven't been on here lately but wanted to hop on and tell of my progress, I am 3 months out and all is good!! Made it through the dreaded Thanksgiving holiday and feeling marvelous. I am down 73 lbs as of Saturday Dec 1st , only have 100 more to go !!

This is what I have found in the last 3 months. This surgery is in no way like the Bypass, my sister had the bypass just a few weeks before me , and from what I can tell we are loosing at the same rate lb per lb, but she can eat more than me in one sitting but she can not eat the variety of foods that I can. I found that I can eat anything just not in the portions like before so now comes me having to use my will power not to eat things that have no nutritional value for me, I get my protien in 60-80 grams a day , Water way over 64 oz and even do get a little fruit by eating 4 prunes a day, they also have some other value as well ( lol ) , I don't however get too much in the way of veggies but I am hoping to work on that as I can eat more. I stay under 800 calories a day usually but if I go over I try not to really worry about it...

So for now the biggest struggle seems to be just head hunger and wanting to eat things even though I am not hungry... or eating meals too close together just because I am bored .... I find on the weekends I have a real issue with that. one thing I do know is this , I have really gotten to know myself better and I am allot stronger than I ever thought I would be.

Well thanks for listening and hope you all have a wonderful holiday season!!!

Hi Lisa,

It sounds like you are doing great! 73 pounds is a huge number, congratulations! My DOS was 7/17/2012 and I'm down 65 lbs. Things have really slowed down for me over the last month. At my 3mo appt they told me to expect the slow down and also the increased hair loss... It's almost at a scary level! They promised that at around 6mo the hair would start growing again, I sure hope so!

I started at 288 and hope to get down to around 140, so I've got about 85 to go. I'm hoping and working hard to reach my goal by my one year mark. I'm hoping to see how others have fared over a year. Best of luck to you and your sister!

Chris

I find the same to be true regarding the weekends. I am struggling with the carbs and as a lap band revisionist feel like I am not doing as well as the rest of you.

Chris,

Sounds like you are doing great!! I am scheduled for surgery in January, and I appreciate you taking the time to give us an update. Your weight loss is phenomenal! I am curious, how has your mood been? At my support group meeting the other day, someone said that her mood for a couple of months after surgery was a combo between PMS and postpartum depression. This scares me! But I keep telling myself that a year or so of physical and mental difficulties is a small price to pay for many years of good health!

Chris' date='

Sounds like you are doing great!! I am scheduled for surgery in January, and I appreciate you taking the time to give us an update. Your weight loss is phenomenal! I am curious, how has your mood been? At my support group meeting the other day, someone said that her mood for a couple of months after surgery was a combo between PMS and postpartum depression. This scares me! But I keep telling myself that a year or so of physical and mental difficulties is a small price to pay for many years of good health![/quote']

Hi Scatters,

I know everyone has their own issues to deal with but I have been extremely lucky. My experience has been 100% positive and I'm so happy that I had this surgery, I only wish I knew about the sleeve years ago! My mood has not changed at all and I look forward to each new day and I'm actually proud of what I've been able to accomplish. I think keeping things in perspective is important and while I wish I could lose all my weight with a snap of my fingers, 65 pounds in just over 4 months is pretty cool! I wish you luck and hope your experience is like mine, the surgery was minor, the recovery was fast, the weight loss happens, it takes dedication but I now have an amazing tool, and my life has already improved. Good luck in January, I hope to hear from you after!

Chris