Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, I'm 4 days post op and the pain on my right side is really painful. The hole where my Dr. took out my stomach. The other places I can't even feel. I'm fine when I'm sitting but walking feels like someone has stuck me with a knife and they are twisting it more every step. Just to touch my skin really is tender. I'm hoping that nothing is wrong, I'm concerned. My Dr. came to see me the day I left the hospital and I did ask him about it, he said its going to hurt for a week or two. Any advice or thoughts from the fellow sleevers... Please share your experiences with me, should I be worried???

I had mine on 11-28 my stomach right side hurts cannot roll on it. It hurts to get up. I have a little burning sensation on my thighs. It hurts to cough. My Doctor said this was normal

Had mine 11/26

I am barely beginning to be able to roll on my side with a pillow underneath.

It'll get better

Had my surgery Nov 28. Same thing here. On the right side he had to go through a lot of scar tissue also and everytime I go to get out of a chair or the bed it feels like a knife is going in thru to my back. When I try to walk the infamous 10 minutes I tire so easily. I am on the liquid percocet and I have enough for 2 weeks 6 times a day. I have had many surgeries and never any as painful as this has been for me.

Also had my surgery 11/28. I have the same painful hole where they took out my stomach, but it's on the left side. Feels like my muscle twist inside if I get up the wrong way. It's really bad pain, but the doc said it was normal. :/

I was on the 28th also! Thanks for the help, it's just horrible! I would give birth 3 more times this is way more painful. I'm feeling like I have some nerves exposed or something. I hold it firmly when I walk or I can't even handle walking. We are supposed to be doing a lot of walking to promote healing, that's what I want to be doing!! I'm trying to decide if I'm going to call my Dr. today. Good luck to us all!!

Mine hurt for a few weeks when I was moving, especially getting up or down. It didn't hurt sitting or sleeping. Did you get any pain meds?

I was also sleeved on 11/28. My Dr. Also said the pain on my right is normal. When I cough it feels like I'm going to die. He said I need to cough some to help my lung function. I keep a blanket folded tight to hold over it. That seems to help some. My back still hurts a lot. I have to call to schedule my 2 week appt. tomorrow so I'm gonna ask about my back. I would love a massage right noe.

Mine was 11/27...when I walk, my belly feels real "tight", like I can't completely stand up straight...more pain on left side, where the stomach came out. I'm just now having less lower back and hip pain...still there, but has let up some. !st thing in the morning is worse, or the 1st attempt at rolling over in bed. I think this is all normal. I'm up and down a lot, preparing the next liquid to sip on for the next hour or so. If it is gas, you (or least I can) almost feel it move across from one side to the other side, right under the boobies...lol GasX strips does work! If you would have told me Tuesday that I would be able to pull myself out of bed, I would have shot you. But I have to say, each day is a tad bit better...just a tad, but noticeable. I'm just going to keep on keeping on...!!

I'm having the same pain on my right side where my stomach was removed. Surgery date was 11/26. It feels like I'm being stabbed and it seems to hurt most when I get up after sitting or if I overdo it and stand too much etc

Hoping it starts to feel better soon. It's my only complaint so far!!

Just talked to the on call Dr. She said the pain I'm having sounds normal, he took a big stitch in that spot so it is pulling. A lot of big things went in and out of that spot...

I also have a rash all across my belly, I haven't worn the binder because its bad it hurts and itches. She thinks that I may be allergic to the stuff they wash us off with right before the surgery.

So, I will be calling my Dr. first thing in the morning to see if he can see me this week. I have never had a big surgery like this so it's hard to know how the body will react.

I'm also experiencing the gas moving all around my body, it hasn't been to bad but the gasX strips are working great! Thanks all for chatting with me it's nice to be able to talk to people that are going through the same things that had surgery on the exact day. Take good care and let's all have a quick recovery....

Hi' date=' I'm 4 days post op and the pain on my right side is really painful. The hole where my Dr. took out my stomach. The other places I can't even feel. I'm fine when I'm sitting but walking feels like someone has stuck me with a knife and they are twisting it more every step. Just to touch my skin really is tender. I'm hoping that nothing is wrong, I'm concerned. My Dr. came to see me the day I left the hospital and I did ask him about it, he said its going to hurt for a week or two. Any advice or thoughts from the fellow sleevers... Please share your experiences with me, should I be worried???[/quote']

I am 19 days post op and the incesions on my right where they took my stomach out still hurts my doc told me yes it's normal and can take another month to go away :( it feels like a burning tearing feeling very annoying I have found that if I wear a somewhat tight girdle it helps take it easy

I was sleeved the 29th and I have yet to take any pain meds! Today when I showered I changed my wound dressings and to my suprise my wounds were larger than I thought! I have no pain at all though! Had nausea the first and second day after surgery but once I got thru that I am good, I sleep on my stomach and have been sleeping on my side/stomach since day 2! My back hurts sleeping on it... I am sorry for all you who are hurting! Things will get better for sure! I was scared that I would be in pain since I've been reading alot of it here but glad to share I have touched any pain meds - only took nausea meds the first two days - I am doing great now! Keep up to good work all!

I had my sleeve in the 27th. I had a hiatal hernia they repaired. I could not keep liquids down and on the 29th went in to loosen the stitche of the repair and my sleeve was inside my hernia. My husband does not understand how much I hurt and on top of this taking care of three little ones...one being a wild 18 month old. Glad others feel my pain and it is normal.