Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:) Ok guys I don't want to bring anybody down but what if you had the band and one day were driving down the road alone and got in an accident...Something happens to your internal organs etc.. and the ER doctor that is working on you has no idea you have the lap band?

Or Any Case like that you know its just a scary thought to me to know I could have lived but the band caused my death, I've heard of the one incident in England I think were the lady had a somache problem and the doctors didn't know she was banded and put that tube down here esophogus?? That a big big fear on my mind rite now!

You always have the option of wearing a medic alert Bracelet with something like "adjustable gastric banding" engraved on the back instead of the name of a medication.

I'm just skeptical and I mean here at work we can't wear a Bracelet just seems like a scary thought to me but I guess all thigs like this have its own set of risks just like the risks involved with just staying big, ya know

I carry my medical card with me that is from my Dr's office that says I have the adjustable band. Hopefully they would look in my wallet.

I suppose I will get one also and carry in my wallet, and any other things that come up hopefully my wife would know to tell them that I had been banded.

here at work we can't wear a bracelet
Don't know if it helps your options any, but you can get medic alert jewlery in just about any form: necklaces, earrings, rings, pins, etc.

I asked my surgeon about this and his opinion was that it's not something to worry about, especially considering the frequency of bariatric patients now versus just a year or two ago. Again, just his opinion.

It's a valid concern. Like with most things around this surgery, the chances of it ever being an issue are extremely small. But you should be more worried if you *weren't* concerned about things like this than if you are.

You will get a card with an xray embetted into it1 Renewable if destroyed to carry.

You also get discounts with this card.

I eat Kids bar price at Shoneys. 3.12$ Only takes a small plate. Also many other places only charge kids price...Gotta have the card!

This may sound kooky, but I've actually given thought to the same thing--

I considered having the words "Lap Band" tattooed onto my stomach! Told you it sounded kooky, but it's going to be with me forever and that's much better than a Bracelet or card. (I do wonder whether they would notice the port area immediately.)

Make- I love the idea of tattooing it on. I so badly want a one anyway, just haven't had the guts to do it. But after one very painful fill (bent numerous needles) I think I can handle the pain of it, LOL.

Leena: Whoa!! I haven't had my first fill yet (Nov 16th) but that sounded dreadfully painful!!

We happen to have a friend to owns a popular tattoo shop and so I thought this to be a terrific (and convenient) idea!

my wonderful surgeon: Dr. Andras Vereczkei gave me few of these cards, to carry in my wallet

you are welcome to print it for yourself

post-208455-13813135726065_thumb.jpg

My surgeon recommended a Medic-Alert Bracelet and I do wear one, but you can also get a necklace if you can't wear a bracelet at your job. The danger is placing a naso-gastric tube down blindly (not under x-ray) and not knowing the stomach is only a small pouch. If the EMT's were to push too hard they could perforate the pouch. We can still have NG tubes placed, they just need to wait till they get you to the hospital and it can be done in a controlled environment.