Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all has any one on here had a full body lift a year or so after the surgery.if so what was it like.and how much does it cost.i think im gonna need it eventually.

Hi all has any one on here had a full body lift a year or so after the surgery.if so what was it like.and how much does it cost.i think im gonna need it eventually.

That sounds really painful! And expensive. Do you think that weight training would fill out and smooth out the skins? I don't know myself, but m wondering if there is another way.

I had a lower body lift 15 months after i was banded. Best thing i've ever done (other than wls), but boy, it was an experience!

I have had multiple surgeries in my lifetime, and even though i "knew" what was involved with the lift, i have been spoiled by my ability to bounce back quickly from previous operations. I will admit, for the first week or so post-op, i wondered what in the H*(( i'd done to myself.

It wasn't pain, so much. The second day in the hospital (i was in for 3 nights), the nurse came to see if there was something wrong with my morphine pump. Nope, i just don't use it. But getting out of bed that first time - wow. Normally, i'm the one that is doing laps around the nurses station as soon as they let me out of bed. After the lift, just getting to the toilet and back made me sleep for 4 hours. I was lucky to be getting to the end of the hall and back by the time they let me leave the hospital! My mobility was severely impacted.

That being said, at my first post-op visit, the day after i left the hospital, was my first view of my post-op self, and i've never looked back. Having that nasty hanging mess of skin gone made me feel like a new person. My surgeon took off six pounds, varying from about 9 inches wide in front to about 3-4 inches in the back. Made my tush look nicer, too, although i've never been cursed with pancake butt.

By the second week post-op, i was pretty much back to normal. Slept in a recliner for 10 days, and then in the guest bed with strategically placed pillows for a few more. I have several dogs, so part of that was self-preservation. :D

Feel free to contact me privately for more information. :D

val

Wow, shamr0ck! Thanks for posting this. I've been exercising and sort of weight training. <- id rather do cardio ;) i know that i need both tho. Anyhow, I think I see plastics in my future, but I'm seriously worried about doing anything with the tush or lower body because of the healing aspect.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I haven't had a LBL but the thing that sounds most appealing about it is the fact that it corrects several things at one time. I will need a Tummy Tuck, thigh lift, and butt lift. The LBL can incorporate all these procedures without me having to do each one individually. The thing that worries me the most about it is the recovery. I really HATE surgery and the recovery but after giving birth to 3 kids my body hasn't bounced back and I have a apron and lumpy thighs. It will be nice if my weight loss will correct this but I doubt it. I told my husband that we will use one of our tax refunds for the surgery. Also I will need a boob lift because they are saggy :/ Good Luck :)

Idk if it's the same, but my sister is 3 yrs out from RNY & getting a belt lift. I know it does the pannicula, hips & smooths back, not sure abt buttocks/thighs specifically. It's going to cost her abt $8k out of pocket (the panniculectomy portion of the surgery & hospital stay will be ins).

She asked abt breast lift but the dr told her not unless she was ok w/having no nipples afterward. So I guess she's considering implants.

weight.png 347*294/285/135 (*347HW/294SSW) | @Mwrarr | mwrarr.wordpress.com

Thanks for all the info .its good to know others have gone through it.and come out the other end.looks like i better start saving my ass off again lol.

Does the 35k include boob implants? I'm actually looking forward to plastics on my future. I've never had great boobs.

Does the 35k include boob implants? I'm actually looking forward to plastics on my future. I've never had great boobs.

No she just had them lifted! I want implants too, I use to be a size D cup and now a small C cup!

no nipples! That would be a deal breaker for me' date=' my husband would go insane lol[/quote']

RIGHT?! that's what I said! I guess her surg said it was bc she was so big before (420# & two large watermelons) & now at 180# has no filler left just basically skin & nipples, & supposedly it would kill the nerve connections/blood supply? IDK...I would've gotten a 2nd opinion myself.

confused about why someone would have no nipples after a breast lift? They generally remove them and place them centrally once the lift is done. It can impact breast feeding, though, due to cutting the connections to the milk ducts.

My lower body lift cost about $14K once all was said and done. It did not include the thigh lift done on the inner thigh, or any upper body work. I also didn't need any Lipo, which was awesome. Surgeon was very impressed with my ab muscles, i give all the credit for those to my personal trainer.

The lift did help smooth my butt and outer thighs, and i have a tummy that a teenager would be proud to show off, minus all the surgical scars from my emergency band removal and now the sleeve. :D But it's worth it, and they'll fade.

I will be having a breast augmentation at the end of the month, and that is going to run $6200. Cohesive silicon gel under the muscle. I was thinking of going with something in the 325-350cc range, but everything i've read says that most women regret not going bigger. So maybe as much as 425cc? Have to decide that on the 15th of this month. :D

I do have a link to a plastic surgery forum where i have before and after photos, but they are graphic. PM me for more info if you want to view them.

confused about why someone would have no nipples after a breast lift? They generally remove them and place them centrally once the lift is done. It can impact breast feeding' date=' though, due to cutting the connections to the milk ducts.

[/quote']

I didn't really understand it either. I always thought a lift was the keyhole incision, realigning the nipple & basically cinching the rest of the skin...? She said he explained it as this...because of the drastic loss of size (52KK to 36D) most of what was left was just skin & very little breast & fatty tissue. They would be lifting her nipple line 14" & wouldn't have enough internal tissue to do a true lift. And something about the length of travel of nipple & breaking the blood vessels...? Idk like I said, I questioned it too but that's what she says he told her.