Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Tomorrow! In Nyc...

...with Hurricane Sandy on its way...Yikes!

I received my phone call on Friday to be at the hospital on Monday at 8:30am. However, there's still a possibility that it will be postponed. I've been on my 2-week liquid diet, doing good with that. I am eager to have the surgery but I do not live close to the hospital and it would be a challenge (especially for my family) if the weather gets too bad. I'm hoping for the best. I'm having my surgery in a hospital located in a low lying area which the mayor actually closed last year because of hurticane Irene.

In the same boat with this damned hurricane hitting. I am hoping they don't postpone, it will really mess up all my support plans :(

Me too! I am in Coastal Connecticut and am getting sleeved 10/30 in the afternoon. No idea if it will get postponed due to the storm. Areas of my town have already started flooding....I have just finished 10days of pre-op Optifast....today and tomorrow are broth (gross) only. No idea what happens if I get postponed, or what I do...

@ MommySleeve, I hope they do because if I do have to go in, I'll probably have no one to go with me.

@Sarzc, yeah I'm here wsiting for that call that it will be postponed. I am having surgery in NYU so I think they might need to shut down. They did for hurricane Irene last year. Ugh. I've been in the liquid diet for the past 2 Weeks, I've lost 8 pounds I was hoping to lose more but at this point I was really looking forward to the surgery. I have little support though, so maybe it's best if they postpone it. Just our luck, huh? Hey, let's look on the bright side at least we won't need to travel by boat to get to the hospital! lol

Best of luck to all of you my prayers and great outcomes are with you. Be at peaçe God has your back, no matter what. Oh my day is tomorrow in California we are soooooo blessed.:)))))

Good luck Chris54!!

MariNyc, we gotta hang in there and hope for the best! You too Mommy Sleeve. I can't imagine returning to food, but have no more shakes, etc...

Ok guys... Despite this hurricane by hospital and surgeon say as of now we are on! How are you guys faring in the storm??

I was cancelled for tomorrow. I am so upset. Now I am stuck on pre-op liquids and have no clue when they can reschedule me. Replanning all of this is awful!

Aww sorry. NYU generator back up failed and they had to transport patients out. Can you imagine having to do that in these conditions? I am so relieved my surgery for today was cancelled. I am also still on the liquid diet and the doctor told me that I can eat but lean, no fats or carbs. Problem is, I have nothing in stock for me except the liquid Protein Shakes. When I went grocery shopping this weekend, which was tough to do, not being able to eat and buying all this foid for my family... I did not stock up for me because I assumed this storm wouldn't be this bad :/ We can't go back to food now we can do this let's stick it out. I'm thinking of it as a good way to start disciplining myself to have self control. I know it's not easy trust me, the storm brings stress and stress can bring hunger but I'm sure they won't make us wait long for surgery.

@Sarzc' date=' yeah I'm here wsiting for that call that it will be postponed. I am having surgery in NYU so I think they might need to shut down. They did for hurricane Irene last year. Ugh. I've been in the liquid diet for the past 2 Weeks, I've lost 8 pounds I was hoping to lose more but at this point I was really looking forward to the surgery. I have little support though, so maybe it's best if they postpone it. Just our luck, huh? Hey, let's look on the bright side at least we won't need to travel by boat to get to the hospital! lol[/quote']

They have no power! Evacuation in progress. :(

@Sarzc' date=' yeah I'm here wsiting for that call that it will be postponed. I am having surgery in NYU so I think they might need to shut down. They did for hurricane Irene last year. Ugh. I've been in the liquid diet for the past 2 Weeks, I've lost 8 pounds I was hoping to lose more but at this point I was really looking forward to the surgery. I have little support though, so maybe it's best if they postpone it. Just our luck, huh? Hey, let's look on the bright side at least we won't need to travel by boat to get to the hospital! lol[/quote']