Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had My Sleep Study Last Night...

I don't think I slept for more then 3 hours (with Ambien). I was in and out of sleep the whole time. It wasn't because I wasn't comfortable...the wires didn't bother me at all. I just couldn't get into my deep sleep. Has this happened to anyone else - do you think I will need to re-take the test? I'm pretty sure I don't have sleep apena...

I don't think I slept for more then 3 hours (with Ambien). I was in and out of sleep the whole time. It wasn't because I wasn't comfortable...the wires didn't bother me at all. I just couldn't get into my deep sleep. Has this happened to anyone else - do you think I will need to re-take the test? I'm pretty sure I don't have sleep apena...

You'll be fine. I actually slept better in my car on the side of the interstate after my sleep study than I did in their lab.

My sleep study was conducted shortly after I had pneumonia and I was forced sleep on my back which I never do and I kept waking up. For these reasons I think my sleep study was flawed as they came up with a severe status for me. Nonetheless, I used the C-pap machine for years until my sleeve weight loss rendered it unneeded.

The same thing happened to me. I just told the guy, I haven't slept on my back my whole life. I literally can not fall asleep that way. They realized after I was staring at the ceiling for 4 hours I was telling the truth. They came in and said, just lay on your side. I was asleep in 5 minutes. I was in and out all night too. The sleep tech said they got enough for a study. I think you'll be fine with yours and not have to go back

I had sleep apnea so bad the sleep study was the first time I got anything close to a good nights sleep in years. It took a couple of adjustments to get me tweaked in and it was goodnight Irene! I never thought I'd be able to sleep with a mask on, now I can't imagine not having it. I do hope that after I get sleeved I'll be able to get off the BiPAP, but I sure have slept like never before since I started using it. I was so tired all the time I would just about fall asleep at red lights, it was getting dangerous.

Also, you may have slept a lot more than you think you did. At the end of my sleep study they ha me fill out a questionnaire and one of the questions was "How much sleep do you think you got?" I put down 90 minutes because that's what it actually felt like. I was told later that I actually slept for 4 1/2 hours. I'm sure your study will be fine. I did get chastised the next morning before the study was over though because I was wide awake and knew I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep and they wanted me to lay there for another 45 minutes so I was surfing the web on my phone. Over the speaker came a rather incredulous voice, "Are you on your PHONE?!!" "Ummm...yes?" "Put it DOWN". I don't think she found it nearly as amusing as I did!

Hopefully I will find something out this week. I know I have issues staying asleep - which is why I am always tired. This is another reason I can't wait to have this sleeve done. I'm looking forward to working out, feeling healthy and sleeping a full night without waking up. So excited for the future.

Also' date=' you may have slept a lot more than you think you did. At the end of my sleep study they ha me fill out a questionnaire and one of the questions was "How much sleep do you think you got?" I put down 90 minutes because that's what it actually felt like. I was told later that I actually slept for 4 1/2 hours. I'm sure your study will be fine. I did get chastised the next morning before the study was over though because I was wide awake and knew I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep and they wanted me to lay there for another 45 minutes so I was surfing the web on my phone. Over the speaker came a rather incredulous voice, "Are you on your PHONE?!!" "Ummm...yes?" "Put it DOWN". I don't think she found it nearly as amusing as I did![/quote']

Haha funny anecdote

I'm thankful that due to my sleeve journey I discovered I have severe sleep apnea! Restless leg syndrome, tired all day (over-caffeinated to compensate!), weight gain, etc. all the symptoms were there! My study was a horror-show! I selected a sleep clinic right in my small town (weird, never knew what the red door on main street went to...now I know!) Only one staff member there all night (scary!). There was another patient who arrived when I did so I waited from 10:30 pm until 11:30 for him to hook me up (meanwhile I had to be at work at 7 am -times a tickin'!) The TV was broken, whaa! Finally fell asleep only to need to use the restroom 50 times! I was told to use the TV remote to "bang on the side table" if I needed help! Hello-are you kidding me?!? No intercom. Just bang and yell in the middle of the night! I was so creeped out by the place, by the tech. Everything! I felt like I was in the next installlment of Saw-so scared! Results were horrendous! Guess what? They need me to do another study! Nooooooooo!!! This almost caused me to cancel my sleeve! I refused to go to that so-called center again so I had to change pulmonilogists-reschedule a consultation then had my 2nd study done at the sleep center in the hospital where my Bariatric surgeon's office is too. Where I should have gone in the first place, but tried to cut corners! PS-I hate using my CPAP machine! I go to bed with it on, but get claustrophobic and rip it off my face during the night! I have no idea how long I use it, but I know for sure it's not the 4 hour minimum! It dries out my sinuses and mouth soooo bad! I can only hope my weight loss reverses it sooner than later!

It dries out my sinuses and mouth soooo bad!

Does your cpap not have a humidifier? If not talk to your doc. I consider it a must

Holly, Biotin also makes a gel that you can put in your mouth that helps with the dryness issue. It's fairly expensive, $6 for a small tube, but it's worth it's weight in gold, IMO. I used it for the first 8 or 9 months I had my BiPap, even with a humidifier on it.

Does your cpap not have a humidifier? If not talk to your doc. I consider it a must

Yeah, it does and I have it on 3-highest setting. I think I breath in and out mostly from my mouth since my sinuses are always stuffed so I'm making it worse! I really hate the full face mask, I feel like a jellyfish is suctioned on me!

My sleep study was conducted shortly after I had pneumonia and I was forced sleep on my back which I never do and I kept waking up. For these reasons I think my sleep study was flawed as they came up with a severe status for me. Nonetheless' date=' I used the C-pap machine for years until my sleeve weight loss rendered it unneeded.[/quote']

Ive used cpap for years too and hope to come off it with weight loss. How did u do it? Did u just stop using it one night? Or did u have to wean?