Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In tears all weekend

Well this week end was my little sisters wedding and It was lovely but I drank three days straight as it was weekend celebrationemembarrassed.gif but as I only have 6 days left I am on TF three meals a day till I go in

I have criedemcry.gif all weekend and I am so stressed emdgust.gifout and scared but excited to be doing this but today mostly scared.....

Did anybody else feel like this leading up to thier op as at the moment anything sets me off into tears?????

Love to everyone thankyou for all of your informative info on the lapband

Kellie

I didn't cry, but I had second thought for a while. I think it is just normal, we are scared, wanting to know if we are doing the right thing, wondering if we will be able to eat normal again, all kinds of thoughts. Try to keep yourself busy, read, go shopping, visit some friends. You are going through the normal thoughts/actions we all go through.

I completely remember feeling excited, nervous, and scared the closer it got to surgery day. It is totally normal to have these feelings. If it is any consolation I have no regrets at all over my decision to be banded. It has changed my life for the better in so many ways.

Been there, done that. The day before all day I kept going back and forth..what am I doing to myself, why can't I lose this weight on my own, if I just ate less, exercised more I could do it...then I thought YEA RIGHT you're 41, you haven't been able to do it and keep it off. After 3 weeks you always give up because the scale stands still. Well...then I remembered why I liked the band idea....after 3 weeks I COULDN'T giveup because this would be inside me still helping to keep me on track. I haven't regretted it since! Good luck with your upcoming surgery.

I'm having 2nd thoughts and lots of anxiety. Knowing others have gone through it helps immensely. I just keep reminding myself of why I made this decision and then I feel better. Deep breathing and meditation help for me, maybe it would help you?

Also, it sounds like you've had a lot of stress lately - your sister's wedding, plus drinking doesn't exactly put one in a calm state of mind, mentally or physically. Both things could be adding to your feeling out of sorts.

Some people due tend to get very nervous before the surgery. I am sure that at this point, you have exhausted most every other means of trying to lose the weight. I am sure you have fully researched the band and all it can do for you, as well as the alternatives. Be comfortable with your decision. Knowing that this was not something you just decided to do overnight should help.

Weddings of close family members are always an emotion filled time anyways and probably contributed a bit (along with the drinking) to the added emotions and crying that you are currently experiencing.

It is normal to have some nervousness and second-guessing before any type of surgery, especially one that is more or less "elective". However, again, take comfort in the knowledge that you have done your research and made the best possible decision for you, your body and your life. Once you wake up and realize that the surgery went fine and you are now a "bandster" you will be so excited about starting your new life and wonder why you were so nervous those last few days prior to the surgery.

Good luck, I am sure you will do fine.

I was banded 3 days ago- while in pre-op area 30 min prior, I was thinking why am I here, what am I doing, Did I really do everything I could?

It didnt help that since I started 90# over and by surgery time I was only 70 over- the nursing staff raised an eyebrow- I then decided- SCREW them . I have worked hard and I want this to stay off!!

I even discussed it with my dr. He agreed that I needed to do something before it was a bigger more serious problem. Both parents have had cardiac complic and diabetes- I DO WANT THAT!!

IM GLAD I DID IT!!!

I have my surgery tomorrow morning and I had my meltdown 10 days ago, just started crying at work, why, etc. My doctor's support group really helped me through it. I know it's what I need to keep off the weight. Today I'm OK, just want it over with and get on the 2 MORE weeks of liquids so I can get mushie food!

Get your support group working and helping and keep thinking of the rewards for you.

Good luck

I was so hyped, I don't think anything could have stopped me, but a few days after the surgery, I got the post surgery blues, thinking, "OMG, what have I done". It only lasted a couple of days, life is good!

I was supposed to have my surgery last year. I was so scared, it was unreal. Thankfully :D I had bronchitis and my doctor cancelled the surgery. I let it go for 11 months.

This time my surgery was scheduled for August 24 and it couldn't get here fast enough. I swear, I had no second thoughts, no fear. I wanted this, and I wanted it NOW.

My only concern was anasthesia. I've only had one other surgery and the anesthesiologist was a family friend. I KNEW he wasn't letting anything happen to me :)

Obviously, it went fine and I am soooooo glad I did this.

A little fear is normal, good luck!

You are not the only one.

My surgery is for Wednesday and I am finding the pre op diet really hard. I have a very upset tummy with pains - it must be all the dairy. What i really want is somethiing solid. Does it really matter so much if you just have one bite of something solid to settle your tummy. My bmi is 38 so I am having great trouble fighting my demons who keep telling me a little bite of something solid won't stop the operation. However as I have had to pay £8000 myself for this op and I will not get it back if the op is unable to go ahead due to my having eaten too much I KNOW i must not give in. Stop thinking about food. It is only another 2 weeks and then I am on to mushy. Cannot Wait. Never thought I would long for baby food!

As for the operation I am excited. I was going to do it last year but chickened out. Thought I would miss my food too much and that I could do it on my own. Now I know that I cannot.

Life is more important than food so therefore Lap Band here I can. But yes i am petrified that i will permently disabled afterwards or something will go wrong , I don't talk about dying. My life insurance is in place just in case.

So yes i am going ahead but i never knew that you could be so nervous and excited at the same time.

Who have you told? Only one person knows about me other than my husband as I feel ashamed that I have to resort to this. I need encouragement not "I do not think you should do it". I may tell people afterwards when I lose weight.

Good luck and thinking of you

Labradoodle

I am so glad to read what all of you have posted.. My surgery is 10 days away and I keep asking myself if it's the right thing to do,.

I really don't have any fears about the procedure itself, it's mostly anxiety about the aftercare....will I ever be able to eat "normal food" again???what if it doesn't work??? will I always remember not to take a big drink or bite of something?? how will I do without drinking while eating??? what will I do without my diet coke??

I appreciate everyones hints and help and support...

I am going to Dr Ortiz in Mexico and the plane resevations are done but the check is not written YET.. I guess in the back of my mind I feel that until the check is wriiten I can still cancel ...I don't wnat to ,just apprenhensive..

I'm still crying. This is a long journey... I thought I would just have the surgery and viola the weight would drop off. It is a struggle with one thing or another every day. I have no regrets BUT it is trying my patience and taking longer than I thought it would. Good luck...just try to take everything one day at a time.

I'm not crying at everything, but I am second guessing myself -- I'm totally excited, but... why can't just do it on my own? I just need to eat less, like if I had the band, right? But I know it's not true, I really need this tool to help keep me on track and give me the physical limits that I don't have right now.