Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Even though, I have lost 7 inches :D , My weight loss in 12 days is now only 9 lbs!!! I gained a lb 2 days ago and i feel so depressed today as I am following my diet to the "T"! Will I wake up one morning and 3 lbs just leaves? I need a little hope here, as, I have been able to add a few more food choices which Im wondering if because I am eating and everything is going down and staying great! Hope I make sense to someone out there?? lol ;)

I'm 11 days and somedays I stay the same, than weigh and three more pounds down:) it will happen. But I am also still on liquids, although full liquids.

You have to remember that you can't weigh yourself daily! Your weight is still going to fluctuate just like before surgery and it's a gradual process. Also, you wont lose as fast at a starting weight of 244 as someone who was a starting weight higher than yours. Try to only weigh yourself once a week and at the same time of day (you weigh less in the morning). Get your exercise in and follow your diet and you wont fail! You're doing GREAT!!

I'm about 7 weeks out and because of getting sick recently, with a tooth abscess and having been on my period for 5 weeks now, I've stayed at the same weight. You cannot, I repeat, CANNOT weigh yourself daily, it'll just depress you. Try not to focus so much on the number on the scale, and more on your non scale victories. Losing inches, being able to tie your shoes without losing your breath, or fitting into smaller clothes. Things like this matter way more than a pesky number on a scale! Remember, this is a process and surgery is just a tool, and we're doing this to be healthy, not to just lose pounds.

My weight loss in 12 days is now only 9 lbs!!! ;)

gallogirl99

welcome to the wonderful world of the sleeve.

sleeve manuel 101 - states you never ever will use the word ONLY in reference to anything involving the sleeve.

this means you are upset over a certain weight loss you have or did not, how you might have lost weight in a different time period as anyone else, or gained weight either :angry:

these arejust a few examples. Never, never compare yourself to other sleevers. it doesn't work :angry:

now, raise your right hand and say the following "I gallogirl99 will never, never, ever again use that word "ONLY" in connection with my sleeve.

ps anyone can raise their hand and say the exact same sentence ;)

if it takes you different time periods to lose weight, if you lost a certain weight that your not happy with - saying that word beginning with an "O" doesn't help you

weigh yourself no more than once a week., this is also a rule :( that being said - sometimes i have trouble with the scale rule :(

good luck to you

kathy

You didn't gain the weight a pound a day, don't put unrealistic expectations that you will lose a pound every day. 9 pounds in 12 days is AWESOME. This is not a race to get the weight off, be patient with your body. You are in the process of getting healthier and it will happen in due time. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Also, echoing the others - stay off the scale except once a week, you'll just stress yourself out.

Thank you! Thank you! I will have my husband hide the scale and make every Saturday morning weigh in day , clothes are loose and that feels good but I guess we all would love to see weight loss over night, unfortunately, I have no patience and I have no self confidence, I can't take a compliment and am waiting for the day to come when I can! ????