Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5.5 Months And Not Much Lost

Seems the more I workout- the hungrier I am? And the more I eat :(

I've only lost -34# in 5.5 months. Not much to anyone's standards on this site;(

I'm still having issues with acu reflux, which sucks as everything I eat causes pain and I'm tilt addicted to having gasx after every meal;( I don't sleep much as my hunger pains usually hit at and during the night.

Now... With that said; I of course feel better having lost weight and I do believe I will eventually lose more. Will I lose my goal of -80#? I seriously doubt that. My dr says if I lose -50# total he'd be happy and surprised if I lost more than that? Uhhhh not at all what I expected going into this.

But I guess after that point it'll be Jenny Craig or weight watchers again, not that they worked out for me before but this time I may stick with them since I Wont be so hungry all the time like I was before? Idk...

I'm trying to stay positive and just try to keep telling myself if I stick with a meal program then maybe in a few years I'll be where I want to be?

Just seems I went about it wrong, but in the end I feel I'd do it again as it gave me more power over eating and less capability to eat too much.

I do miss my capt and diet tho;(

Sorry to hear you're disappointed, don't give up hope. Its possible you could still meet your goals.

Would you mind sharing your beginning stats? Starting weight, BMI, etc

Thanks!

Don't lose hope. I think you can take off another 10-20 pounds in the next 6 months, with just a little diligence.

I think you are right about not having hunger. That's the best weapon we have now.

I'm almost 5 months post op and have lost right at 40 pounds. I'm not losing much anymore, but my body is still changing. I am short and had only about 80 total pounds to lose which is why I think it is going to take longer and more work. I will consider myself done at 1 year out, in the meantime, I'm just going to try to lose as much as possible.

Ive lost a bit more weight but ive been stuck at the same weight for about a month now its very frustratiing ..ive been going to the gym a lot so everyone says I'm probably gaining muscles and its balancing out any weight lose...you just have to take it one day at a time and try ur best..good luck

Thanks all. I guess there are others stuck losing slow too? Sorry for u, but good for me to hear.

I started at 240, and my dr said my bmi was 36, I have no idea how that calculates so I take his word;-) right now he says it's at 31.5, so it's gone down.

I really thought since being told my healthy eight was 160 that I would make that number my goal, but now my dr says if I get to 180 I'm lucky and at 190 he'd be satisfied! I WON'T! Uhhhh didn't do all this for that number-haha

So I will work at it and it may just be year two not one in which I'll meet my goals? I think it's possible!

I know someone who took a full 2 years to get to their goal weight. Her body fought it every step of the way. She had a terrible metabolism and maybe lost 1 lb every other week (2 to 3 lbs a month), but multiply 3 lbs per month over 24 month = 72 lbs ... So while time was slow the progress was there... It's not much comforting but it's hope.

I can totally relate to your struggle! 7 weeks out and only 24 lbs down:( I'm almost regretting that I did this! Working out, getting all my Protein, no sugar, low carbs, tons of water!

Girl, you can totally do this. I proudly refer to myself as the slowest loser. I am three years out and still not at goal. At one point I was well over 100 pounds down, but still 30 from my goal. Then, last August I started having major back issues and wasn't able to much exercise for months. In February, I had steroid injections and gained 30 pounds! Now, just in the past three weeks my body has leveled out and decided to start letting go of the weight again and I have been losing about two pounds a week. So, don't believe that if you don't lose your weight in the first year, you will not reach goal. I am in my third year, my sleeve is still working for me, I am losing and I will reach my goal!

We can all do this!

Sent from my iPad using VST

You can do it. Are you measuring yourself? Often if we are on a plateau our body is still losing inches. At least in the past that's how my body would work : drop pounds for a few weeks, drop inches for a few weeks, rinse and repeat

Hey, I agree with the other poster about how some people just lose slow. Please look at some of the excess weight loss stats of the sleeve that are available on the web. MANY of them show the best excess weight loss occurs at around 18 months post op! I think quite a few of them showed around 50-60% at 12 months and around 70-80% at 18 months! Some people went all the way to 100% excess weight loss at 12 months. Not everyone hits goal at 6 months. Sure, there are a lot of them who do and they post on the forums. Some of them hit goal at 10-12 months. But a LOT of sleevers hit their personal goal or close to it at 18 months post op and the studies show it. Not everyone wants to hit 100% excess weight loss. Some people shoot for goal to be the higher end of the healthy BMI range. Your BMI is already down to 31%. That is pretty darn good at 5 months op if you think of it that way! I think shooting for a goal under 25% is good. If you can get 22-23-24 % that is even better. Most women don't get below 20% although some do.I was reading the average body fat % for a woman is between 18-22%.So you are getting really close!

So while somer sleevers do hit goal earlier than a year out, many do not. Don't lose hope.

And just want to let you know a lady I know who got to goal took a full 17 months. She actually went 10 lbs below her goal but was still within a healthy BMI. It can be done