Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 6 of my pre-op liquid diet.going well so far!just hard only having 6 Protein Shakes a day,but I can't complain.hardest thing is not being hungry,or the headaches but more that I miss chewy on something salty!

So far I'm down 6 pounds.which I'm very happy about:)

Surgery in 9 days!!!so surreal.iv been in the process to get the surgery for about 9 months now so im more then ready....a little nervous im not going to have everything I need ready for once I'm home but im sure I'll be fine.anyone else having surg the 25th or around then?!

hi :)

my surgery day is the 24th.. one day before yours. I just did my preops today. I am so nervous and excited. I am also down 7 pounds from the Protein drinks. I almost caved in today but so far so good. My coordinator did say I can chew on lettuce, Tomato, and cucumber if I absolutely needed to eat something.

Denise ♡

Hi Denise!congrats to you first off!i didn't even think of lettuce....I'm gonna have to have have a little if I find I'm in dyer need of that crunchy taste!are you excited for the surgery?you have to keep posting and updating!

I am getting scared. my date is July 21. I hope I am doing tbe right thing. Has anyone flown back after surgery? Is it bad? Also I am suppose to go back to work a week after being sleeved. Can I do it?

Hi Denise!congrats to you first off!i didn't even think of lettuce....I'm gonna have to have have a little if I find I'm in dyer need of that crunchy taste!are you excited for the surgery?you have to keep posting and updating!

hi traceylynn :)

thank you and congrats to you as well!! yes, this liquid diet is so hard and everyone's diet is different. I can't wait to eat my lettuce this evening.

I am so excited for the surgery as well as being scared and nervous. I will not back out so just 6 days left and a wake up!! My fiance, parents, kids, & my close coworker/friend are supporting me and my decision so it helps my worries :)

oh gosh after today it seems more real. We are on our way :) how are you feeling?

I am getting scared. my date is July 21. I hope I am doing tbe right thing. Has anyone flown back after surgery? Is it bad? Also I am suppose to go back to work a week after being sleeved. Can I do it?

hi julygramny :)

I ask myself the same question every night. I guess everyone here has a story. my story goes a lil like this.. my dad has diabetes, rhinoplasty (some like that in his eyes), high blood pressure, gout, has had kidney failure and was on dialysis until I gave him a kidney, he's also had a quadrupole bypass, & lives on a million medications a day to stay alive to name a few.

I seem to be following the same footprints as my dad. I am obese, have sleep apnea, now have one kidney, & had gestational diabetes. I feel this surgery can help to save my life or at least give me a better chance of it so that I don't have to face these problems my dad has or worse. God is good and I believe has helped me find my path. I have three beautiful daughters who I want to live for and I wouldn't want them to feel the pain I feel when I've seen my dad sick. different day.. different reason.. worse pain I have ever felt.

I am taking this chance and running with it for myself, my kids, & my parents ♡

we are doing the right thing!! opportunity is here.. so let's do it!! :)

Denise ♡

TThank you for the encouragement. We will make it.

I can understand why your nervous but just keep in mind why your doing all this:)I know people have flown back after surgery im just not sure how long they waited before doing so....you can do it!you got this:)goodluck!

I'm confident with our team of doctors, home support and this awesome site :)

We definitely will make it!! :)

Hello!

I'm July 24th, so just a day before. Officially this should have been my 8th day of liquid diet but issues came up and this is my 6th day. Lost about 7-8lbs so far so I'm happy.

I really miss chewing and something heavy and filling. I do 4 'full' meals a day and 2 Snacks. A meal is either a shake or low fat greek yogurt and dinner is Soup with added Protein. Snacks are low fat/low sugar puddings/jello. I'm getting tired of all the chocolate! Bought some oatmeal as that is approved. I swear I remember cottage cheese is ok too so I had some yesterday and it was amazing. The hunger doesn't bother me as much, it's more the cravings.

Good luck on your surgery! Keep me updated.

milkd,

im the 24th too :) what time are you scheduled for? I got to be at the hospital at 10am and my surgery is scheduled for 12pm.

Denise :)

milkd,

im the 24th too :) what time are you scheduled for? I got to be at the hospital at 10am and my surgery is scheduled for 12pm.

Denise :)

Mine is at 7:30am and I have to be there 5:15! yikes. I know I won't get much sleep.

Good luck on yours. I hope we both do amazing.

milkd' date='

Denise :)[/quote']

Hey there...this isn't really related, bit I just wanted to say I love your profile pic! Big adventure time fan! Anyways, congrats to all of you... You will all do great and be on your way to better health soon!

Day 6 of my pre-op liquid diet.going well so far!just hard only having 6 Protein shakes a day' date='but I can't complain.hardest thing is not being hungry,or the headaches but more that I miss chewy on something salty!

So far I'm down 6 pounds.which I'm very happy about:)

Surgery in 9 days!!!so surreal.iv been in the process to get the surgery for about 9 months now so im more then ready....a little nervous im not going to have everything I need ready for once I'm home but im sure I'll be fine.anyone else having surg the 25th or around then?![/quote']

Hey traceylynn I am Tracy lynne also....lol... I am being sleeved on the 24th at 7:30 & I have to be there at 5:30

Glad I could have some real protein.... I have lost 10 lbs.....hoping to lose another 10 by Tuesday..... I can have Cereal or one egg & toast the day before surgery, followed by Clear liquids the rest of the day.....good luck

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S using VST