Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise Question

Hi everyone... I'm kinda confused here ...I've been working out for almost 2 months already ... But I'm slowly loosing weight ... Some people say to stop working out and focus on loosing just the weight ..others say Nooooo continue working out ...

I am still working out but the slow weight loss kinda puts me down ..

Any advice will help.. thanks

What is slow? When was your surgery and how much have you lost?

My surgery was 5/04/2012 I've lost 33 lbs .. when I see others have lost more ...

Keep the course and it will happen for you. You can only control so much in this process, and I believe the more you relax and enjoy it -- the easier it seems to happen. 33 pounds is a GREAT accomplishment!!

If you want to provide the stats of what your intake is for food, fluids, Vitamins we may be able to give some advice. What exercise are you doing? Personally, I find mixing it up to be the best for me. Bike on day, walk or hike, swim, weights, gym class, yoga. Maybe your body needs a little shake up! I know it will happen for you!

If you're exercising, keep in mind that your body is changing and gaining muscle which might not be reflected on the scale. My trainer friend told me to pay attention to my measurements and only weigh once a week or longer. It's amazing how many inches I can drop without the scale moving! Keep the faith. It WILL happen.

Um, 33 lbs in two months is incredible. I am 4 mos out and have just lost 56 lbs. You will most likely surpass this at your rate. Loss and the rate of it also depends on your starting weight and how much you have to lose. Don't get caught up in comparing yourself with other WL patients. I did this too and soon realized that I was happy with my loss and needed to focus on myself and not what others were doing. I agree you need to stck with exercise and change it up. Also watch your sodium intake too. Do you log your food and exercises? If not, you might want to consider doing so. You might not be eating enough for the calories you are burning and this can slow your weight loss down considerably.

Keep the course and it will happen for you. You can only control so much in this process' date=' and I believe the more you relax and enjoy it -- the easier it seems to happen. 33 pounds is a GREAT accomplishment!!

If you want to provide the stats of what your intake is for food, fluids, Vitamins we may be able to give some advice. What exercise are you doing? Personally, I find mixing it up to be the best for me. Bike on day, walk or hike, swim, weights, gym class, yoga. Maybe your body needs a little shake up! I know it will happen for you![/quote']

I started at 1 mile (elliptical) now at 3 miles .. I drink 64oz Water a day ...I take my daily Vitamins ..but my calorie intake is really low ... 700 calories , if its a good day ...

I do make sure I get my 80-90g of Protein though ..

I try to eat more ..but I just can't ..

If you're exercising' date=' keep in mind that your body is changing and gaining muscle which might not be reflected on the scale. My trainer friend told me to pay attention to my measurements and only weigh once a week or longer. It's amazing how many inches I can drop without the scale moving! Keep the faith. It WILL happen.[/quote']

That's what my friends tell me ... :)

I believe it's your calories in versus calories out. You might consider trying to find a way to eat more calories in a sitting and not necessarily more food to get your calorie intake up. This is what I struggle with too. I'm still losing, but just not as quickly as I'd like.

Um' date=' 33 lbs in two months is incredible. I am 4 mos out and have just lost 56 lbs. You will most likely surpass this at your rate. Loss and the rate of it also depends on your starting weight and how much you have to lose. Don't get caught up in comparing yourself with other WL patients. I did this too and soon realized that I was happy with my loss and needed to focus on myself and not what others were doing. I agree you need to stck with exercise and change it up. Also watch your sodium intake too. Do you log your food and exercises? If not, you might want to consider doing so. You might not be eating enough for the calories you are burning and this can slow your weight loss down considerably.[/quote']

Yes I do log .(fitness pal ).but I just can't eat more calories ..and it frustrates me ..

Do you have a nutritionist? If so, maybe go back to him/her for advice on how to up it without increasing the volume.

Do you have a nutritionist? If so' date=' maybe go back to him/her for advice on how to up it without increasing the volume.[/quote']

You're right ... I'm gonna do that :)

* that's why I love you guys :) always here for me ..

Glad to help. Let me know what he/she says. I'd love to know too.

Glad to help. Let me know what he/she says. I'd love to know too.

Will do :)

We are friends on MFP so feel free to look at my diary too and other people. You can steal some ideas for food.< /p>