Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Farewell..............

I originally came to this forum for support. Over time I made some friends. That was a plus. I also hope that I offered good support & advice. I have been absent for a long time, only occasionally lurking, because of the negative tone this board has taken. I haven't followed everything that has gone on here, but I know that some of my friends have been hurt. I have had enough negativity in my life. You people need to grow up & get a life (I don't know who you are, but YOU do know who you are). I find it sad that a handful of people had to turn a place of total support & positive energy into nothing but a nasty popularity contest. So, I say farewell.

I find it sad that a handful of people had to turn a place of total support & positive energy into nothing but a nasty popularity contest.

You're correct, it was a handful of people but there are MANY people on the board. If you look over the threads, only a few revolved around the two feuding groups. Now that the Hatfields and McCoys have been banned, things are getting back to the mission of the forum.

Please don't judge all based on the actions of a few. Your stats speak to your success with being banding. People like you are a real value to the board and shouldn't leave.

I find it even sadder that it appears that everything is done and over and people are moving on to actual lapband discussions, but people keep feeling the need to try and keep the drama going by posting threads like this.

Please people, its done, its over, let sleeping dogs lie and move on with life with the band.

Jessiebear, you have been here at LBT a long time. You should do what you think you need to do. It just seems even more sad that a statistically VERY small number of people were involved in a situation, and other people choose to leave due to it.

When a situation in one little corner of our cyberworld is not to our liking, surely there are many options one could consider? Leaving, and announcing it, could not be the only one?

If members want to leave or stay, just do it. PM those who will miss you. Posting blanket goodbyes continues to harm the community.

Please don't anyone leave, I am 4 days banded and need all the help I can get. There's always a bad apple in the basket, don't spoil it for the rest of us!!!

I have never seen any drama.... I am so confused... I guess I just love my August band crew they are great!

Please don't anyone leave, I am 4 days banded and need all the help I can get. There's always a bad apple in the basket, don't spoil it for the rest of us!!!

Not to worry, there are still a few hundred left to give and offer support! The ones who have been banned and who now choose to leave will NOT be a great loss....considering how toxic some were....it's a blessing anyways.

Not to worry, there are still a few hundred left to give and offer support! The ones who have been banned and who now choose to leave will NOT be a great loss....considering how toxic some were....it's a blessing anyways.

I am one that had decided to leave LBT. I was here today because someone told me that things had actually calmed down and that the problem members had been suspended. Then I read that my and Jessiebears leaving will NOT be a great loss. I tend to disagree, I didn't leave in defense of anyone, I left becuase there was so much anger here that is wasn't suportive anymore. It is rude and uncalled for to say that the people that are leaving will be no great loss, I happen to think I gave great support and have many friends here, as dose Jessie. Didn't you learn that if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all? ~Mandy

Mandy,

You and Jessie are both very supportive members. That's why it would be a loss to see you, and others, leave. It HAS been a lot better the past few days so ignore the unkind comment and please reconsider staying.

I am going to stay as long as it stays civil. I missed LBT while I was gone. This has been a place for support and I have made many friends here. I recieved many many emails telling me that is had calmed down and was safe to return. I am pretty close to goal but I think I have a bunch to offer to newbies and I need the support too sometimes. ~Mandy