Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

21 Days Post Op Diet

Well here I am 21 days post op and let me just say it was a crazy experience. I noticed for the first week and a half I wasn't getting nearly enough Water or Proteins. I was so tired, and grumpy! I guess you can say I completely avoided the puréed stage of my diet for the sole fact that I could not fathom pureeing a chicken breast or any type of meat for that matter. Ugh.

Anyways my diet for the past few days have been as follows:

(mind you i barely finish it all)

Breakfast:

An egg white

A sausage link

Lunch:

1/2 c tuna (over a time period)

A yogurt

Dinner:

Anything soft that is being served

I did notice that when I tried to eat chicken last night I was so pumped to eat what I call human food, that it made my insides turn and ache and I regretted it immediately. I know I need to chew chew chew.

I also know I may be pushing my body's limits by moving forward so fast but I'm in camp. I have no say what is cooked for any meals and lunches are pretty general and I am making due with what I have.

Just thought I would leave an update, started at 197 and am now at 179!

Way to go, congrats!!!!!! I'm at day 17 and I'm still on the liquid phase. I snuck in 5 teaspoons of Gerber Baby oatmeal with skim milk today and it had 10 grams of Protein for lunch and it felt a little weird as it went down, but I'm doing pretty good. I see doctor next Wednesday and I am seriously praying they let me go to pureed Stage. My next real appointment with nutritionist isn't until July 9th - which I seriously think is way too long to just deal with full liquids. I am seriously craving just a teaspoon of tuna. For a real meal, I am craving a turkey meatball. I like that I'm going slow enough for my tummy to heal, I just haven't craved Tuna like this in a long time.

PS: I heard that chicken is one of the hardest to get down because it tends to be drier, someone mentioned before maybe using something like a plain yogurt to moisten it up a bit.

Edited by MinaT

Holy good for you ! I was on full liquids after a week :/ needless to say no one will ever be able to make me eat Soup again. It's brutal not being able to actually chew food for so long haha. I also did self pay so I don't have a nutritionist to consult about my diet. Thanks for the advice on the chicken! I'll try it out :)

The liquid stage is awful! I have one more week to go. I haven't eaten anything solid since June 9th. I never thought I could make it this far w/out actually eating something. All my Protein drinks are making me gag! BLECH! It's all I can do to keep from grabbing a piece of meat and sucking the juice out of it.

Sorry, didn't mean to thread-jack you. I guess I really have some built up tension over this. :)

In my rant, I forgot to say, "CONGRATS"! You are doing awesome. :)

Hahaha that's alright. That's what the thread is here for ! I know the liquid stage is painful. It's actual depressing haha full liquids aren't so bad thankfully. Good luck to you on your journey!

Hahaha that's alright. That's what the thread is here for ! I know the liquid stage is painful. It's actual depressing haha full liquids aren't so bad thankfully. Good luck to you on your journey!

I was in the clear stage for 1 weeks, Protein liquid and puree for 3 weeks a now soft stage for 2 weeks.

I had a baby ninja and got creative with my pureeing. I also live off of cream of wheat. Towards the end I wanted the sensation from chewing really bad!

Congrats to everyone on your success. I am 17 days post -op. Still discovering what hurts goin down and all of that. I am currently doing full liquids and creamy Soups but I have added mashed potatoes. I really find it hard to be creative. I find that the only thing I want is CHICKEN!! OMG I want a turkey sub or something. Haven't really lost that much weight but the inches are falling off significantly.

Maybe it is just me, but i detest food -- just the thought of eating makes me sick. I have to force anything down and I know I am not getting enough calories. When will I be able to stomach ( no pun intended) the idea of food? I was sleeved 6/11. I don't want to love food the way I used to, but I don't want to hate it either.

The liquid stage is awful! I have one more week to go. I haven't eaten anything solid since June 9th. I never thought I could make it this far w/out actually eating something. All my Protein Drinks are making me gag! BLECH! It's all I can do to keep from grabbing a piece of meat and sucking the juice out of it.

Sorry' date=' didn't mean to thread-jack you. I guess I really have some built up tension over this. :)[/quote']

I feel your pain. I haven't had anything in my mouth that I could chew since June 5th. I am so looking forward to next Tuesday when I get to start mushies. My mom was laughing at me the other night. She said I talked like I was on death row when I was planning my last meal prior to my preop diet and now I sound a like a baby getting ready to have my first meal.

I have been cleared for mushies -- I just don't want them. I don't want anything.

Really? Are you feeling sick or is it just the thought? I couldn't wait until puréed even though I swore I would never do that. Tonight I made a pork roast and put Soup over it. I blended 2 oz of meat mixed w the soup gravy and it turned out like the consistency of chicken salad. It was really good but I could only get 1 oz down. I'm still full an hour later.