Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am doing the Medifast preop diet and its pretty rough. My sisteris doing it and thinks the food is great. I wish I could share her feelings!

BUT I am 7 days out of 14 days into it and I have lost 9lbs! haha I almost cant believe it. Anyone else doing the medifast diet?

I am on HMR shakes and sugar free Jello, cottage chesse, low fat yogurt, etc. 3 days out. 6 more to go. im tired of the diet now I didnt think it would be this hard. My pre op is tomorrow. I feel ur pain. But hang in there it will be over and worth it soon! BTW im 4 lbs lost so far. :)

I wonder why some people have to do more days than others. I have to do mine for 7days.

I can also have sugar free pops, SF Jello and broth. These three things make the diet a bit easier. I already had my preop so now wait for the big day. June 28

@lowe I really wish it was 7 day diet because then I would be done. I think its to give you the a good time to shed off some bonus weight and to make sure your liver shrinks. Im not sure about your post op diet but I was told that we would not be on regular foods atleast 3 months after surgery. So the 2 week preop diet seems to also ween you off regular food.

@Lowe,There really is no rules foe a preop diet or even if you need one at all. It can't hurt and is generally beneficial for you as it may reduce the size of your liver making surgery easier, keeps your bowels from being packed full post-op when going may be difficult and gives you a jump start on losing.

I did mine for 3 weeks, it was just after Thanksgiving so I decided what the hell, let's just start it now.

I have to do mine for a month because my BMI is so high, but I'm starting now, since it can't hurt to lose as much weight as possible before hand.

What is the diet that everyone is talking about? My surgery is 7-25 and no one said anything yet to me. Maybe i should start to get a jump start.

What is the diet that everyone is talking about? My surgery is 7-25 and no one said anything yet to me. Maybe i should start to get a jump start.

Simply put, NO SOLIDS just liquids. Protein shakes, juice and Water. SF Jello is OK too. If your doc or nut didn't tell you to please call and make sure it's OK, while I can't think of a reason it wouldn't be just be sure it's OK first.

Almost everyone can stay on this diet for 2 or 3 weeks, especially when we know ht operation is coming up. It's trying to do this on your own as a sole means of weight loss that it fails, we all start to cheat and then gain any loses back. When we have the WLS in our sites it makes it easier to stick to and you can reap the benefits of some weight loss, smaller liver and cleaner bowels post-op.

I am doing the Medifast preop diet and its pretty rough. My sisteris doing it and thinks the food is great. I wish I could share her feelings!

BUT I am 7 days out of 14 days into it and I have lost 9lbs! haha I almost cant believe it. Anyone else doing the medifast diet?

I feel your pain. Im doing Bariatric Advantage. I have 2 down five shakes a day. I can only do four. My hubby put fruit in the orange shake unsweet frozen. It taste better. I only have a week. I have four more days on this. Monday I can change it up with chicken broth. Tuesday @ June 26 my fat belly will meet the knife. Lol.

Stay strong

Ain't no stoppin us now,were on the move !!!!!!<br />Sincerely<br /> Zeta

You guys all sound lucky to me, all I get for my pre opt diet is skim milk, for 1 to 3 weeks. I have done Medifast and the food does suck but it was my favorite diet I always felt great when I was an it, just wished I could have stayed on it. Which is why I'm here now. Good luck to everyone. Just one step in our journey. It's WILL be worth it.

I forgot 2 add 8 glasses of Water. My head was hurting so bad yesterday . I wanted 2 give up so many times. I paid my copay in full. So I got 2 do it. I want 2 look and feel good. Monday, I chewed a pack of sugar free apple pie gum lol. I was missing food. The gum helped me.

I feel your pain. Im doing Bariatric Advantage. I have 2 down five shakes a day. I can only do four. My hubby put fruit in the orange shake unsweet frozen. It taste better. I only have a week. I have four more days on this. Monday I can change it up with chicken broth. Tuesday @ June 26 my fat belly will meet the knife. Lol.

Stay strong

Thanks i am trying to stay strong. My surgery is two days after you. :)

Thanks i am trying to stay strong. My surgery is two days after you. :)

Our stomachs say we can't but our minds are saying we can do this.

Pray and ask God 2 help you. He will.

I will pray for you.

Wishing you success and a full recovery in advance.

Thanks!! I will also pray for you and recovery!!