Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am new here and this will be my first offical post!

I was sleeved on 3/28/12 and was loosing an average of 1 lb a day, after the inital Water weight for the hospital came off. As of today, including the pre surgery loss, I am down 29 lbs.

I came back to work on the 18th of this month and the weight loss has not been consistant. One day I am up and I will loose it at night, but I am hoovering around the same weight as I had been the day before. Last night I weighed before I went to bed and I was up two pounds. TWO POUNDS? I am not cheating, where did these come from? Is this part of the imfamous stall that I have heard so much about?

I have been walking about 3 blocks in the evenings, when time permits. I am getting in all of my Proteins, but not enough water. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I was sleeved 3/30 and am down 26lbs and find the same issue, I am only weighing now once a week. Are you eating solids yet? I am still on puréed thru this week. I am trying to walk 3days a week as back to work last week also. Look for non scale victories too like clothes fitting looser.

Good to see you, Colorchic!! :)

Ok, so I figured out what was causing the weight flux. I was still retaining Water and hadn't gone to the bathroom properly. As of this morning I am back down 2 lbs and back on track of where I wanted to be.

I am eating some solids with no problems. I have to chew, chew, chew. I was never really able to get refried Beans down and I am afraid to try oatmeal yet. But, lunch has been a peice of rolled up turkey with cheese and a couple of triscuits. Breakfast has still been yogurt and maybe a Protein shake. And dinner has been a lighter version of whatever the family is having or I have a yogurt.

I haven't had my surgery yet, but just from what I know from all the other things I've tried in the past to lose weight - it is best if you stick to weighing first thing in the morning after you get up & before eating anything. If you weigh at different times of the day, you will always see fluctuations - sometimes big ones - because of what you're eating and drinking throughout the day. Many people say it's better to weigh just once a week. Sometimes, when I've been on different diets, I've weighed daily as a tool to see how different foods influence my body. I know that if I have a lot of salty foods, I can gain 5 lbs overnight! However, if I drink Water & watch what I eat the next day, those 5 lbs will be gone. Therefore, if I weigh daily I use it more as a tool to help me know how different things influence me instead of really stressing over the actual number on the scale. However, if you're one who stresses over the number on the scale, then it's probably better to just weigh once a week or even less often than that. No matter how often you weigh though, be conscious of what you've consumed (liquid and solid) because it can really influence the scale with what you eat, if you're gassy, or even around that time of the month! I remember reading a post on the NutriSystem forum when I was doing that program where someone felt bloated in the morning so she walked around the house "tooting" and weighed again & lost 2 lbs after she felt she got a lot of the gas out of her system! There are so many things that can influence that number on the scale - don't stress over it too much if you're doing what you're supposed to be doing!

It sounds like you are retaining a lot of Water weight. You can go and buy a diuretic (water pill) over the counter. Also, do not eat carbohydrates but in the afternoon and no eating after 6:30 pm. Exercise will also help kick up the weight loss

I would be careful with diuretics. With the sleeve, it's very easy to get dehydrated, so try to avoid "water pills"

I would call your Dr and let him know. Maybe he/she can recommend something.