Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting So Close What Are You Doing In Preparation..

I have been on my preop diet now for 4 days.. and at first i was soooooooooooo hungry.. and now that has really faded and i'm not starving all the time.. although i do if i don't keep schedule with eating at the same times... I even had a bacon ranch salad with the vinegrette dressing from mcd's last night and though.. wow i never realized how huge this salad is.. i always just plowed through it and though i was still hungry before!!! (i know i havn't gone to any fast food but we were in a real hurry last night to get dinner so we could build our box garden.)

I've been rereading dr. alvarez's book and love it.. since we are going to Mexico and won't have alot of doctor advice.. his is such a good step by step what to do.. I've also been stalking up on alot of Protein Drink powder and been trying to get my house in order.. since my senior will be graduating on May 19th.. lot's going on in the month of May for me.

I'm Eleven days out!!!!!!!!! I'm just so excited and i know this next week is going to fly by.. it's packed with lots of stuff to do!!

Hope y'all are as excited as me!!!!

Holly

Here's the last time i was in Mexico October 2011 ughh looking so fat

post-66507-13813669360187_thumb.jpg

post-11858-13813658616621_thumb.jpg

18 days to go for me!

I start my pre-op 2 week diet on friday, so went out & had my last big buffet meal today! It was at a japenese seafood/sushi restaurant. They only do buffet, not ala carte. So no chance I will be going there post-op! It was soooo good.

I have started buy some sample packs of Protein shakes & Protein Bars. Been trying some of the Protein Bars so far.

Also bought a Gatorade G2 variety pack for post surgery. Have my powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken soup/broth which I love for post-op too.

Oh & bought some unflavored Protein Powder too, to add to shakes & such.

Bought Gas-X strips, heating pad thing, new nightgown, some yoga capri pants.

Think I am almost set! Just got to get myself mentally ready as I am worrying now (about silly little things really)!

wow looks like you are ready..now just need the days to fly by.. i need to try my sample pack of unjury's chicken broth.. see if i like it...so i can order it here.. i already have the unflavored protein.. what kind of heating pad did you buy? That's a good idea

I hate the wait! I wish the day was here already! You got to tell me all about it Holly.

I bought Sunbeam heating pad, is it king size, so 12" x 24" & has a 9' long cord too.

Bought it on Amazon & figure if I don't use it at the hospital I am sure I will use it at home!

I have one of those too, they sell them at walgreens, cvs, and other places too, they are probably more expensive than Amazon. I love my heating pad because I suffer from chronic backpain and now since I am no longer taking motrin its what is keeping me from going insane! You will definitely use it, many people use it for menstrual cramps, muscle stiffness and such.

Oh I highly recommend that whatever heating pad you use make sure it has an auto shot off! Specially when you are hurting or taking medications many times you fall asleep on it and it can burn you! Mines all have a two hour auto shot off because of this.

Oh i already have one of those still on my bed.. i love mine.. it auto shuts off.. but after ten hours..I was thinking some people said they brought small heating pads for their tummy area but i don't know what kind to get... Got some more Unjury today in the mail and ordered two more canisters of the chicken Soup broth... think i'm ready tomorrow i go into single digits till surgery.. 9days unbelievable.. so ready!!!

Oh i already have one of those still on my bed.. i love mine.. it auto shuts off.. but after ten hours..I was thinking some people said they brought small heating pads for their tummy area but i don't know what kind to get... Got some more unjury today in the mail and ordered two more canisters of the chicken Soup broth... think i'm ready tomorrow i go into single digits till surgery.. 9days unbelievable.. so ready!!!

Yeah, I have the big bed heating pad thing, but bought the smaller one just for the surgery.

I LOVE the Unjury chicken soup broth. So I also ordered one more canister of it too.

Wow single digits, how exciting!!!!

I'm so nervous!! I fly out may 17th! So far I have stretchy shorts, loose shirts, camel back cup, gas x, and my Unjury chicken broth came today!!! I don't have a lap top so wonder if I can bring a DVD player? I fear my fiancé will be so miserable couped up in the hosp and hotel! Trish offered to take us sight seeing but don't think I will feel up to it and I don't want to be left alone in the hotel.

I am very nervous too and cannot wait! Is it one of the portable DVD players? If so that should be great! I hear many people do feel like going shopping and such, I am sure Trish will take care of you both. There is also a museum near by and other stuff that you might be able to seat for. At the hotel there is a pool and gym for him. I am very excited for you, I hope all goes well!

I was actually thinking of taking a very small DVD player that is small. The hotel has elec right?

Yeah they do and they have wifi too