Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-Op Diet Started Today Help

So today was my first day on pre-op diet. drinking a shake every 3 hours while awake. in betwen Water, SF popsicles, SF Jello & low sodium broth.. Is there any other clears that I am missing? Also I am due for another shakle at 10pm, right around my bedtime. Can I have one right before bed.

Let me know

Thanx

Laura

Are they filling? Are you hungry in between meals? Which shakes are you drinking?

I wouldnt say hungy... i am using the smoothing king "gladiator" 46G Protein per drink. I cut that in half so I only get 23G just so I can learn to choke it down. ( I have tried a dozen different brands and so far this s the best) I will last me 2 hours and then my stomach is growling again

Any flavor in particular

I start tomorrow - I'm nervous!!! (what's included in my siggy) -- SCARY! =/

chocolate is my go to flavor. but my husbansd loves the vanilla

I read in a clear liquid diet you can have juices with no pulp like apple or cranberry. coffee is okay, but no milk or Creamer. I read this on the mayo clinic website. I'm doing 2 days of A clear liquid diet pre-op, I guess that doesn't include Protein Shakes for me right now.

Congrats on beginning your journey! I'm one week post op and still on a liquid diet. Does your doctor allow you to have yogurt and/or pudding? You can add unflavored Protein to it (mix it with the milk first before adding the pudding mix) and it makes a good source for protein if you get tired of the drinks. Before my surgery, I lived on Tomato Soup and puddings!!

Congrats on beginning your journey! I'm one week post op and still on a liquid diet. Does your doctor allow you to have yogurt and/or pudding? You can add unflavored Protein to it (mix it with the milk first before adding the pudding mix) and it makes a good source for Protein if you get tired of the drinks. Before my surgery, I lived on Tomato Soup and puddings!!

no just Protein Drinks and clears only !! no pudding or Tomato Soup

I am on day two so far so good. I drank 3 protien shakes yesterday and a pitcher of crystal light and a pitcher of Water. I think you lose the weight by walking to the bathroom lol I just ordered another container of chocolate and one of strawberrys and cream for a change of pace. I have an appt with my surgeon tommorow and will double check what type of protien I should be having the week after. I know it must be clear so I want to find out.

Today is my Mag citrate day, fun fun fun !!!!

Day 2 for me here.

Yesterday I had: 55 oz of Water. 65g of Protein. Craaazy!

I'm a little hungry right now... but not as bad as last night...

WooHoo for Surgery!

" I think you lose the weight by walking to the bathroom lol "

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! That is hilarious - and true!

Today is day 4 of my liquid diet. It is not half as bad as what I though it was going to be. 4-5 shakes a day , a few popsicles, chicken broth and tons of Water keeps me full. I seriously thought i was going to crack by now. Still have to pack for monday and take some before photos. ( havent had a picture taken of me in years)

Day 3 for me here... I pee all the time now. TMI, I know, but SHEESH!

45 oz of Water today & 61g of Protein. I did have an apple today (in addition to my healthy choice meal). I think it's because I started AF - so year.

I'm looking forward to weighing myself before surgery to see if/how much I lost. :)