Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Worse than a man??? Truly a fate worse than death! :P

Same here... tiny little burps... HUGE disgusting blowout farts. Last night I made one so bad that my BF declared "that is really gross" and left the room. :(

Oh I know. It's horrible. It's a big problem in m life. I try to be really careful of what I eat. I know one thing that causes it is sugar.

One Halloween, I ate some candy while taking my grandson trick or treating. We went to his day care to trick or treat, and I really embarassed myself. Silent but empty out a room stinky. :wub:

you ladies are funny... and yes I didn't realize it was the sugars!!!! I went 1 day without any sugar and not much of a gassy problem, then the next day I had 5 m&m candies and piece of brownie (birthday party at work) and oh my!!!!

hmmmm - question about this one - is the gas issue from just after surgery, or forever!

Really not keen on the idea of sitting at work/out at dinner etc etc and blelching - or WORSE!!

Ahhhh!

I am 3 years out and it hasn't gotten any better for me. I don't burp but I'd rather burp than have it come out the other end. It's a horrible problem!

Just be careful about blowing out farts in the early days post-op since you're on mostly liquids....you might get a little surprise! LMBO ;)

That's right! NEVER TRUST A FART!!! That's my new saying. Lolol

I bought some pills online that are supposed to get rid of the smell if you take them before you eat. I don't even know if they work because I can never smell mine. Other people do though. I get plenty of comments.

I know sugar causes it. I had like a 5 min long one at my daughter's house after eating some of my grandson's birthday cake. Luckily, she was the only one in the room. She said I stunk up the whole room. I could smell nothing. I should have remembered to take that pill!

I'm laughing like an idiot, but I haven't had surgery yet!

Really?? One of the unexpected blessings from my sleeve is that I DON'T burp and fart anymore!!

I am a week preop and have met a lot of people who have already had vsg. I keep hearing horror stories in the gas/poops/burps. I asked the doc and he said the dissolvable sheets from Pyazym (sp?) work really good. Have any of you all tried this? I am on the pre op liquid diet for two weeks...I have never had the poops like I do now...I'm scared it will be worse after surgery and hurt my stomach getting on and off the crapper so much!!!!

OMG so glad it's not just in my head! Sneezing is the worst! U try so hard to not to blow a gasket on the other end but invariably it happens!