Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone! I discovered you all about a month ago, and I can't believe how much "lurking" around this website has helped me already! I finally got up the courage to request a referral from my G.P. after going back and forth about this surgery for at least a year! On Monday, I will be making the appointment for the consultation --- Yeah!! :clap2: You all have made me feel strong and positive about this. Now I can't wait to become a "member of the band"!! Thank you for being here and I look forward to continuing reading your friendly, helpful and supportive posts. You are a wonderful group!

Hi Everyone! I discovered you all about a month ago, and I can't believe how much "lurking" around this website has helped me already! I finally got up the courage to request a referral from my G.P. after going back and forth about this surgery for at least a year! On Monday, I will be making the appointment for the consultation --- Yeah!! :clap2: You all have made me feel strong and positive about this. Now I can't wait to become a "member of the band"!! Thank you for being here and I look forward to continuing reading your friendly, helpful and supportive posts. You are a wonderful group!

I am new too! What a great place to find information! I am self-pay and will be going Monday for the psychological evaluation and I have already done my test with the cardiologist, just waiting now on those test. I get so excited about this---we will all have a REAL life. I am so thankful to the Lord for leading me to this! I will be so thankful to get rid of all my meds!!!! Hope your journey if wonderful!! Joannekay 8-8-06:)

HI and WELCOME to LBT.

Have you seen the Before and After's pictures? That's a BIG seller for the LapBand.

Goodluck!

HI and WELCOME to LBT.

Have you seen the Before and After's pictures? That's a BIG seller for the LapBand.

Goodluck!

Paula,

Thanks for the welcome--yes, the pictures are amazing! How long have you been banded? Does it stay in there forever? Thanks a lot! Joanne :scared:

glad you're here! This is a great place for support and information...in fact, I think people find out more here on the boards than they do from their doctors, which is weird...but undoubtedly true! LOL!

Here's another helpful hint for getting the most out of LBT...use the SEARCH feature...that will help you find past posts on topics you are interested in...let's say you want to know about pre-op diets...go to the top of the page, click on search, enter the term, and a list of posts will be given...then click on one, and the term you entered will be highlighted in red (I think) so you can find it easily.

Have fun reading...I know I've spend countless hours here, and have learned so much, and met some fantastic friends here!

Welcome :biggrin1: I'm new too and can't wait to see your progress.

Where are you in the process? I haven't even seen the doctor, but I am completing all test! I think I am backwards!!!! I have talked to my PCD.

Joanne

Thanks for all the "Welcomes"!! And welcome to you, Joanne and Koko....it will be great to compare notes on our progress. You are both ahead of me, although I have done some of the tests through my G.P. and hopefully that will speed things up. OH, and thank you to Paula and Mousecrazy (what a great name) for your helpful hints on using this forum. I am NOT computer-savvy and I need all the help I can get! Thanks again for everything.......What a booster-shot you all are!

Karen

Joanne, I'm just starting out and havent even gone to the informational meeting yet. However, after reading everything I could get my hands on over the past several weeks, I am sure that if approved, will go right ahead and get banded. My insurance appears to cover it :clap2:

latebloomer, nope - your ahead of me LOL I'll be watching your progress through this incredible journey. All the best to you :)

Koko, don't count on being behind anyone else. My insurance will cover my banding, but they want me to go to a doctor 3 hours away from my home, when we have a very experienced bariatric doctor right in town! So I am going to fight to try to get banded here. Can anyone tell me approximately how many trips I will be making to the doctor to get through this process? Do you think it is worth it to try to get a doctor closer to me? I wonder if they are trying to discourage me from having the surgery by making it so inconvenient? I will be calling tomorrow and may know more then, hopefully. Wish me luck!

Karen

Oh, that's just ridiculous SHEESH! Keep pressing on and hopefully you'll be able to get a closer doc approved.

Well, I just found out that the doctor I was referred to, the one that is at least 3 hours away, is the ONLY one I can go to. :faint: My insurance plan and the referring doctor will only work with him. Does anyone know anything about Dr. LePort in Fountain Valley, CA? The only other option is to pay cash.... I don't know if that is worth it. Can anyone tell me approximately how many trips I will be making to go through this process? If is alot, I just may have to find a way to pay for this myself and go to a closer surgeon. WAAHHHHHH:cry

Koko, I guess you WILL beat me in our "band" race!!

I can't believe this hours long drive they are expecting people to make. It's unreal :angry Although faced with having to pay out of pocket, I think it may be worth it. I would think that there is some sort of appeal process that you could make a case for not having to go that far??

Generally speaking, I've heard that sometimes insurance will put up road blocks and you just have to keep knocking them down. Perhaps they are hoping that you'll change your mind. OK, I'm just a smidge cynical :cry

Paula,

Thanks for the welcome--yes, the pictures are amazing! How long have you been banded? Does it stay in there forever? Thanks a lot! Joanne :)

Hi Joanne,

Ive been banded 2 years. "They" say that this is supposed to be lifelong... guess we'll be the ones to find out :) .

Hang in there - and again, WELCOME!

Koko, Thanks for the sympathy, I needed that! By reading other posts, I guess I am not the only one who has a long drive, but mine will be torturous because it will involve alot of time driving through the L. A area....something I try NEVER to do! What is happening with your process? I think I will have to go the insurance route because I can't justify paying cash just for the convenience of being close by! Did your insurance approve your surgery? Will you get to be close to home?

Karen