Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please say a prayer for me

Hi guys...funny I would be coming here in such a time of struggle...but...I hope you will say a prayer for me and my family...my Mom (54) was brought to the ER today for a stroke...I lost my Dad 4 years ago in July to cancer so she is my only parent left...as well as my best friend...she's able to speak a bit but not full sentences...everything comes out garbled...she doesn't appear at this time to have any paralysis either...which is good...but I'm at my wits end...anyway...please say a prayer....

Prayers said and (((hugs))) sent....

Oh Jennye, I'm so sorry to hear your mom is so ill - I am thinking about you both, and hope you get good news soon. One of my best friend's dad had a series of very serious strokes a few months ago - it was touch and go for a while, he couldn't speak, eat, walk etc - he is under 65 so we were devastated for him - he had just recovered from triple bypass a few years before so we didn't think he would be strong enough to make it. His family went through hell over a week as he had a few more strokes - but the good news is, I met him last week, as he was out for a walk, he is doing very well with the physiotherapy, and has regained most of his faculties, just waiting for his arm to respond, which apparently will take a little more time. It was truly amazing to see the recovery, and I'm sure your mom will have an equally good outlook. I know how hard it is to stand around a hospital bed, and my thoughts are with you - please keep in touch and let us know how she'd doing...

love and hugs xxxxx

Jennye

Many prayers for your Mom and you. Times like this are difficult, hang in there. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Jennye,

I'm so so sorry to hear of your mom's troubles. The really good thing is that your mom is so young and her strength will undoubtedly be a great help to her recovery. She's exactly where she needs to be; they can do so much now medically to get stroke patients under control, and keep them (blood pressure, etc.) under control, and as Bright says, rehabilitaion, should it come to that, can do absolute wonders. I saw this with my dad and my grandmother---both were helped beyond belief after horrible illnesses by physical therapy. So try to keep the faith, and do let us know of her progress.

Warmly,

Sheila

Jennye,

I'm praying for you and for your family. No paralysis is a great sign, as is the fact that she's already speaking ... even if it is garbled.

The fact that you asked for prayer says that your faith is strong. Hang on to that faith, let it be your support and comfort!

It is not funny at all that you came here to ask for support. We are here for you! Whatever you need!

Thoughts and Prayers!

Sending all my good thoughts and best wishes to you and your family, Jennye. Hang in there.

I know the physcial/speech therapy can really do wonders, so it would not be unusual for your Mom to bounce right back.

*hugs*

Jennye please know I'm thinking of you too. My mom had a stroke and I know how hard and bewildering and trying it is.

Good luck, and all the best wishes to your mom, too. Take care of yourself, please.

Prayers are coming your way. Hang in there. I know it's hard especially when you have only one parent left. Sounds like she will make a good recovery since she is young and there is no paralysis.

Jennye,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom. I hope that she recovers quickly and returns to her normal self. Remember that she will need you to be strong during this time, so take good care of yourself and try to get the rest and nutrition that you need.

Take care and all my best,

Jenye,

prayers and lots of positive energy going towards both of you. Take care, thinking of you.

tellie

Jennye and family,

Prayers are going out from me as well.

Dear Jesus,Divine Physician and Healer of the sick,we turn to you in this time of illness.O dearest comforter alleviate their worry and sorrow with your gentle love and grant them the grace and strength to accept this burden.Dear God help them place their worries in your hands and to place their sick in your care and we humbly ask that you restore your servant to health.Amen

Chantal

jennye

i will be thinking of you and your mom and sending prayers and well wishes your way.

((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))) for you

((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))) and one for your mom

Guest ukomisv

just said a prayer, today I'm so emotional, all I can do is sit and look at this site and I do hope you and yours will be all well.

God bless

Jennye, you and your family are in my thoughts. I think the hardest part sometimes is just not knowing how quickly or how completely a loved one will recover. I certainly hope that she will be feeling much better soon. Give yourself credit, too. You've turned to the sources from which you gather strength and support (God and us, definitely in that order). It sounds like you know how to find comfort for yourself, which is good. Please keep us posted.

Nancy