Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Suggestions For "sleeve Friendly" Crackers?

I like to make ham/tuna/chicken spreads to have on crackers. So far I eat them on saltines. I am wondering if anyone knows of a good choice of cracker that is sleeve friendly? I haven't worried about it much so far because I eat so few calories but it's time to look at the long haul. Should I look for a low carb cracker? If so, any suggestions. The cracker aisle at my grocery store is filled with many, many, many choices of crackers. Frankly I don't have the time or the patience to read each one to check the carb count etc. Then again, maybe it doesn't matter what the carb count is because I can only eat four saltines, with spread on it, at a sitting anyways? Your input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Saltines are fine and they are relativly low in calories and carbs being that you don't eat man of them. I've been eating them for months now as quick Snacks. 4 crackers and some Water provide a quick lift especially in the afternoon when I get sleepy.

If the carbs in them don't trigger cravings for more, they're probably ok, though something higher Fiber might be better. I don't do crackers because carbs are a problem for me. I'd rather have a bit of a carb side at dinner than have crackers.

Cheese "chips" or thin cucumber slices make good vehicles for toppings. You could also cut up a low-carb tortilla to spread them on.

I like the "cheese crisps" as they are a salty tasty treat that goes great with tuna or chicken salad.

You make them by taking 1 oz which is about 1/3 cup of shredded cheese and "fry" them on a non stick pan in 6-8 little lumps. They spread out flat as they brown, then flip em so they cook on the other side, and then they harden when you let them cool.

I will probably eventually buy saltines or something, but yummy crackers like those keebler buttery tasting ones are a trigger type food for me. I guess with the sleeve I probably couldn't eat very many, but i just don't want them in the house to find out while I am in the weight loss phase.

I am going to make pepperoni chips with turkey pepperoni. Put pepperoni in a single layer on a cookie sheet bake at 425 for 8 minutes then drain on a paper towel. These are what I plan to use with hummus... Yummmm

I haven't tried them, but I've seen someone else on here post about Wasa crispbreads that are fairly low in carbs and are a good cracker alternative. Crackers don't trigger me (with the exception of Ritz which I avoid like the plague!), so I usually have a box of reduced-fat Wheat Thins around if I want a few crackers with something I'm eating.

Kellogs Multigrain Allbran crackers are really good and they have much needed fiber in them . I think they are very yummy. I love to spread laughing cow cheese on them.

I use the WASA crisp breads. They are 20 calories for a cracker the size of a graham cracker. They are multigrain, but not a strong flavor.

I am having reduced fat town house crackers,they taste great,they have 60 calories for 6 crackers ,of course I am good with 2 or 3. Total fat 1.5 total carbs 11 g and 1 g of Protein :)

salty crackers coulud be a trigger food, so be careful. Put the tuna on a slice of cucumber. Crackers get really liquidy when going down and may trigger you to eat more. they have carbs.. be careful

I have some form of cracker everyday, either with lunchmeat or Peanut Butter. I avoid potatoes, rice, Pasta, and bread; this is my one carb indulgence. My favorites are:

Crunchmaster Multigrain Crackers (I get them at Costco; they are soooo good with chicken salad)

Suzies Flatbread Crackers (Also from Costco; I like these with thin sliced salami)

Wasa Sesame (I like these with sliced turkey)

Wasa Crisp n Light (I like these with peanut butter)

Hope this helps!

Amazon.com sells high Protein low-carb crackers. I was going to check them out. Then there is something called "Just the Cheese." They are little cheese things that act like crackers. The way I'm going to go is as high protein and high fiber as I can manage.

Found some at Cost Plus World Market. They have something called John Wm. Macy's cheese Crisps Cheddar and Asiago all natural sourdough squares.

130 cals. for 10 of them, 15g of carbs and 6 grams of Protein. You can get them on Amazon as well:

http://www.amazon.com/John-Wm-Cheddar-CheeseCrisps-4-5-Ounce/dp/B000G7NI1U

and Somersaults (I picked up Pacific sea salt flavor to try in a a few weeks), They are multi-grain and sunflower seed crackers14 crackers have 150 cals, 14 grams of carbs and 6 grams of Protein.< /p>

http://www.amazon.com/Somersaults-Pacific-Crunchy-Nuggets-6-Ounce/dp/B002DW0QAC/ref=sr_1_1?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1326588235&sr=1-1

Found some at Cost Plus World Market. They have something called John Wm. Macy's cheese Crisps Cheddar and Asiago all natural sourdough squares.

130 cals. for 10 of them' date=' 15g of carbs and 6 grams of Protein. You can get them on Amazon as well:

http://www.amazon.com/John-Wm-Cheddar-CheeseCrisps-4-5-Ounce/dp/B000G7NI1U

and Somersaults (I picked up Pacific sea salt flavor to try in a a few weeks), They are multi-grain and sunflower seed crackers14 crackers have 150 cals, 14 grams of carbs and 6 grams of Protein.< /p>

http://www.amazon.com/Somersaults-Pacific-Crunchy-Nuggets-6-Ounce/dp/B002DW0QAC/ref=sr_1_1?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1326588235&sr=1-1[/quote']

I'm going to try these do you know if you can buy just one box to see if you like them?