Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My New Winter Coat

Hi Guys!

Well of course my Winter coat from last year, size 18, is way too big on me now so I went to my favorite thrift store, The Assistance League, alot of the money goes to help under privledged school kids in Charlotte for school uniforms, supplies and such. They have gotten a lot of stuff from me lately lol. I dropped off my coat and picked up a new one. SIZE 8 COAT!!!! I've mentioned before how I have big shoulders so I was not looking forward to coat shopping because more times than not, it will fit in the shoulders then is too big everywhere else and visa versa :/ Well karma was on my side because it fit perfectly EVERYWHERE! And to top it off, I paid 14 bucks for it, along with a sweater vest, sweater hoody w/belt and a pair of dress pants for 4 bucks each. :smile1: I love thrift stores. Just thought I would share!

Great coat, great bargain!! And you look fab!!! :-)

how excting for you! I have a similar victory. I was thrilled today as well about my new coat! I have always wanted a North Face, could never get one zipped, and today I did and I bought it. Wahoo!

I am a thrift store/yard sale girl too. We buy everything like that. I get a high going in and buying great stuff for a few bucks! Congrats on your new body and great buy :0)

YAYYYYYYY CONGRATS! I LOVE THE GOOD WILL! I purchased 99% of my new winter wardrobe there! Some items with brand new tags on them! Gap, banana Republic, Anne Taylor.

I saw a winter coat at TJ Maxx that I wanted to get, it's black wool with fox fur on the collar, maybe I should go check out my good will first :)...we'll see.

Hi Guys!

Well of course my Winter coat from last year, size 18, is way too big on me now so I went to my favorite thrift store, The Assistance League, alot of the money goes to help under privledged school kids in Charlotte for school uniforms, supplies and such. They have gotten a lot of stuff from me lately lol. I dropped off my coat and picked up a new one. SIZE 8 COAT!!!! I've mentioned before how I have big shoulders so I was not looking forward to coat shopping because more times than not, it will fit in the shoulders then is too big everywhere else and visa versa :/ Well karma was on my side because it fit perfectly EVERYWHERE! And to top it off, I paid 14 bucks for it, along with a sweater vest, sweater hoody w/belt and a pair of dress pants for 4 bucks each. :smile1: I love thrift stores. Just thought I would share!

Ohhh Yeahhh!!!! Size 8 baby!!! That must be the magic size... CONGRATS!!! :)

And doubly congrats on the great deal / find!

Here is a couple of pics ... I love a great deal!

I gotta be honest, but that coat even looks a bit big on ya... :cheers2:

I gotta be honest, but that coat even looks a bit big on ya... :cheers2:

I agree!!!! I think you need to try a 6 or even a 4! Whoo hoo!

There is a little room in there but I was wearing a t-shirt underneath. Once Winter hits full force I will need room for the warm and comfy sweaters :). Next year I'll donate it right back from where it came from.

Congrats Raine! It looks cute on you.

Lynda

Thanks, :) I just can't pass up a great buy. I was looking at the pics again and it does look a little big LOL. Now that I am cold all the time, I'm going to need that room for the layers I'm going to be wearing this winter to stay warm! I wonder, when does being cold stop?

Thanks, :smile1: I just can't pass up a great buy. I was looking at the pics again and it does look a little big LOL. Now that I am cold all the time, I'm going to need that room for the layers I'm going to be wearing this winter to stay warm! I wonder, when does being cold stop?

I hear you on the cold. Its just strange to me, its like I don't have any kind of internal thermostat anymore. Summer I get way too hot. Yes, even hotter than I did when I was 100 Lbs heavier. Winter doesn't take much for me to be freezing my toes off. I like to layer my clothes as well in winter and even then doesn't feel like it's enough!!! I'm well over a year out now and I'm seeming to still feeling cold all the time... so I really don't know when it stops. Maybe never... :(

Congratulations, Raine! Love the coat, and love a great shopping bargain!!

I hear you on the cold. Its just strange to me, its like I don't have any kind of internal thermostat anymore. Summer I get way too hot. Yes, even hotter than I did when I was 100 Lbs heavier. Winter doesn't take much for me to be freezing my toes off. I like to layer my clothes as well in winter and even then doesn't feel like it's enough!!! I'm well over a year out now and I'm seeming to still feeling cold all the time... so I really don't know when it stops. Maybe never... :(

Acccck! Hope its not never LOL. Maybe eventually, hopefully, maybe? :/