Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did your VSG make you "EMOTIONAL"?

I have gone back to work after 4 days post op from surgery. I usually Park~n~Ride to the bus station,. This morning, as I rested on my way to work, I usually pray in being thankful for my day -- and this morning I included in my prayer how thankful I am for this surgery. To become 1 step closer to "Healthy", then all of a sudden I found myself dropping tears.

To know that I am getting healthier at this age is great! Don't get me wrong, I am very athletic, but I could never get the weight to drop once I turned 40. No matter how much working out, and eating right, etc.... I have lost 10lbs in a matter of days. Before, I would loose 0-5lbs and gain it right back! From here, the sky is the limit for me! :)~

So please, feel free to place your EMOTION COMMENTS both sad\happy. I'm eager to hear.

Take care VST Family.

S2B

Yep, I was a basket case for a good while too. I also had issues with testosterone levels and am taking supplemental shots, so I bounced between teary eyed, depressed and then rage. What a roller coaster ride!

Oh yeah, my emotions are all over the place. I've been having mood swings like it's nobody's business and have had to warn my family and friends that it's the hormones, not me. Haha. I also started taking hormonal birth control about 2 weeks after surgery, and one of the side effects is mental depression. I've been told that once the hormones level out in our bodies, our emotions will get back to normal too. Here's to hoping that's true!

I was a hot mess after surgery, I burst into tears when I had a fart that wasn't if you know what I mean. I was in bed about three days out and had to wash the sheets and my nightie. My poor mom and hubby were horrified when I started sobbing. Sheesh! I felt much better by the end of week two, although hubby found me a little snarky :-)

I do feel grateful for the surgery, but it hasn't made me cry yet.

Lynda

I don't dare tell my hubby that I will be moody for a while post op. He's not too thrilled with this already, that info might send him over the edge! LOL

Same here! I was very emotional for about 3 weeks. Example: my husband had went out with friends several times in 1 week to have some beers. I went to one place but the smoke got to me a lot more than before surgery so I went home without him. When he got home I started bawling saying that he wasn't thinking about me and what I had been through and what I can't do anymore. He responded "you did that to yourself," which made me cry even more. He apologized and said he wasn't being considerate and he would do better. It can be hard to have our lives change so drastically while everyone else goes on living. I am better now and know I made the right decision. :)

I was emotional for about 3 weeks as well. I went to the supermarket and would wander through the store looking at the nutritional information and cry....."oh I can't eat this oh I can't eat that....I'm going to die not being able to eat anymore woe is me" It went away. Just keep on praying the Lord will make the emotions even out:DDD

As you rapidly drop weight, the estrogen stored in the fat cells in released into your bloodstream. For women, that is like being in puberty again, or being hormonal during pregnancy. I was a basket case - bouncing from being weepy to becoming very angry at a moment's notice. It subsided after a while - but mine was a couple of months of mood swings.:(

I was soooo much more emotional than usual the first few weeks post op. I knew I was, but I just felt like I couldn't control it. I don't remember how long it lasted, but I'm so glad it's over!

You went back to work 4 days post op...I'd be crying too!

Yep I was emotional before & after. I broke down in the doctors office while talking about getting the sleeve & how it saved my life. Also talking to people about it I get choked up because it is such a life changing event.

I think this is normal. No one knows what this means to us unless you have been there.

But I do know 3 people have had the sleeve done because of me. I'm glad about that.

I have gone back to work after 4 days post op from surgery. I usually Park~n~Ride to the bus station,. This morning, as I rested on my way to work, I usually pray in being thankful for my day -- and this morning I included in my prayer how thankful I am for this surgery. To become 1 step closer to "Healthy", then all of a sudden I found myself dropping tears.

To know that I am getting healthier at this age is great! Don't get me wrong, I am very athletic, but I could never get the weight to drop once I turned 40. No matter how much working out, and eating right, etc.... I have lost 10lbs in a matter of days. Before, I would loose 0-5lbs and gain it right back! From here, the sky is the limit for me! :)~

So please, feel free to place your EMOTION COMMENTS both sad\happy. I'm eager to hear.

Take care VST Family.

S2B

I had surgery on August 31st and I am still emotional. I can't believe you went back after just 4 days! I waited a month wow! I still have bouts of emotional episodes. Crying so quickly unfortunately. I think being heavy my hormones were jacked up anyway

This is really interesting! I imagine I'll be very emotional too (because I usually am anyway, hee hee). Thanks for posting this!

Yes, I am an emotional person anyway, commercials can make me cry. I mean silly ones lol. But I did have more of an emotional rollercoaster ride immediately post op. Part of it is hormones, but part of it is just adjusting to all the changes. It's definitely not easy in the beginning to channel our emotions without the use of food if you have done that previously and for a long time. But it gets much better and levels out. And yes, I do get teary eyed even now when I think of how grateful I am at finally being given a fighting chance against obesity and becoming healthier. The Sleeved life is quite amazing!

:)

This is my very first time participating in a forum EVER, so please bear with me.

I am so glad to have found this topic!! For two months after my surgery I was so very depressed. I asked some friends who had already had surgery if they felt blue or emotional afterward. They all felt fine. I thought I was the only one. I couldn't stop crying. I had to call my GP to ask for an antidepressant and it helped but it took a while.

I am so relieved that this happens to others as well. It makes you feel good when you are not the only one with an issue.