Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eroded Lap Band anyone???

I am one year post op from having my lap band removed due to erosion. Now 49 pounds later I am looking ready for the sleeve.

I was just curious if anyone else had an eroded band and now has the sleeve. If so, how is it working for you? Better than the band?

I am one year post op from having my lap band removed due to erosion. Now 49 pounds later I am looking ready for the sleeve.

I was just curious if anyone else had an eroded band and now has the sleeve. If so, how is it working for you? Better than the band?

Hi Blondie 1007 Sorry to hear about your erosion. I went to Mexico in June to have the revision from lapband to sleeve. I found out my band was 90% eroded into my stomach. I am waiting for the stomach to heal and will be getting the sleeve later this year or early next year if Gods willing :) You will find alot of happy former bandsters here that have the sleeve. It appears the sleeve is everything we were promised with the band. Did you have and symtoms with your erosion? I had no idea I had eroded until the pre-op testing in Mexico. Goodluck in your research concerning the sleeve.

Donnie

Hey Donnie - Thank you for sharing. I started noticing weight gain. So I found another bariatric doctor (because mine conveniently left state) and he did an endoscopy and found it. The thing is it had been eroded for awhile so what I dont understand is why didnt my surgeon find it.

I hated my band. It hasnt done half of what I was told it would. And I was a self pay for it so I feel like its money down the drain. However, I spoke with my insurance company this morning and they say with a medically necessary letter the surgery could be approved. My doctor is already working on it so hopefully I will know something soon.

Hey Donnie - Thank you for sharing. I started noticing weight gain. So I found another bariatric doctor (because mine conveniently left state) and he did an endoscopy and found it. The thing is it had been eroded for awhile so what I dont understand is why didnt my surgeon find it.

I hated my band. It hasnt done half of what I was told it would. And I was a self pay for it so I feel like its money down the drain. However, I spoke with my insurance company this morning and they say with a medically necessary letter the surgery could be approved. My doctor is already working on it so hopefully I will know something soon.

Goodluck with the insurance approval. I was the other way around, insurance paid for the band,unfortunately I had to pay for the removal and for the sleeve when I get it.

I had my revision in June and I can tell you the sleeve is everything the band was promised to be. I did not have erosion but I had numerous other problems with the band. I could not wait to get that band out of me. I too was cash pay and paid $17,000 for my band, then turned around and spent another $12,000 for my revision. I could have saved myself a ton of $$$ but I am just grateful to be where I am today, without the band! I hope all this works out for you. Keep us posted.

Donnie: Hope you are well :)

It is so nice to know that other people are/have struggled with the same thing. It makes coping alot easier just knowing there is light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for the well wishes. I will keep you posted.

Donnie: Hope you are well :)

Im doing good girl, hope you are also!