Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting at the Very Beginning

Hi. My name is Stephanie. I am 38 years old. I am 5'10 and weigh 407 pounds. Is there anyone like me here? I have just decided to start looking into the sleeve. I'm not totally unaware what goes on but I'm still trying to find out everything. I know that my insurance would pay 70% and I have to put down $690 for the surgery. I decided on the sleeve because the stories I have heard and read about the lap band sometimes needed to be removed and the other one (sorry, my mind had just blanked on the name that one) has too much cutting and moving things around. I still have to find out which Dr's there are around the Denver, Colorado area though. Any one here who has had it done here? I'm not scared of the surgery itself. Just the loosing some weight before surgery. I'm pretty sure that I will have to just to get a surgery date. Now I'm babbling. I hope to find all the resources I can here. Thank you.

Hi-

Do not be afraid of the Roux N Y, although I am a n00b sleever, My wife which was your weight back in DEC. has now lost 125 pounds and has less trouble with foods than I have...

please be open as you explore, each person is different.

Losing the weight prior to surgery is easy... you don't have to think... stick to the program...

now that I am sleeved- always thinking about food, and Water... what can I have, and will it stay down... Drink- Drink- Drink...

although I am very happy after, I was on the fence through out my 14 week classes.

The pre-op program foods took off the needed weight, and occasionally I slipped and drank some wine- that's what I do..

;) even yesterday- I can't resist some home made Cabernet. though it was only a smidgen of a glass...

still came in with -2# for the day and 4# for the weekend. and I was traveling.

Good luck and read everything you can!

Welcome Stephanie! Can't wait to get to know you! I hope you have an easy time making your decision on which surgery to have. I definitely am against the lap band. Not that it can't change peoples lives...I just think the sleeve or other procedures are much more realistic for the long run. Good luck to you and see you around! These girls and guys are great and full of information!!! :)

I am glad you are here too! I have never known what it is like to be thin, but we deserve to know how it feels! :-) Good Luck lady!

Welcome, lady! Good luck on your journey!