Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

seattle area buddy/mentor?

hello out there! i'm really excited and nervous- surgery is next month! looking for a buddy or buddies! would love someone in the seattle area, but not necessary...

I live a little north of Seattle. Glad ot help out with any quesitons you may have. Who is your doctor? Best of luck!

hi there- love your name! : ) my doctor is with puget sound surgical center, dr. landerholm. i live in gold bar- have u heard of it?

I live a little north of Seattle. Glad ot help out with any quesitons you may have. Who is your doctor? Best of luck!

I certainly have. He is very well-known around here. He and Dr. Billings have a very good reputation. It looks like you are having surgery at the Edmonds Center. Who is your nutritionist? I would highly recommend the support groups. I believe there is one at the hospital there (sleeves only) & there is another one that meets the first Thursday of every month in Marysville (all WLS). I attended for the first year - it really was a good support system.

(The name is well, because I am a miniature version of myself from before and the fact that I collect MINIs. I have owned 5 over the course of a few years - down to only 2 right now. My "baby" is the one in my avatar, I call her Cream Puff. She is a right hand drive and absolutely love her.)

my nut is jennifer campbell... she is recommending OA for me- went to a meeting tonight, and although i'm in recovery (12 step) i didn't care for it, but will try 5 more meetings as they suggest. i'm definitely going to the support group at the hospital after surgery! i was gonna say marysville is too far, but so is edmonds!

glad to hear they have a good rep! i know someone that had surgery there (lap band 1st, then sleeve) and she recommended them highly.

i gathered from your name what was up- minis are so cool- i thought about getting a convertible mini, but i'm stuck on mustangs- i'm currently on #4, but looking for a rag top in the next few months- i had 2 convertibles (different times)my first 10 years here in WA and i miss it so much!!

your success is so inspiring- i can't wait to get started but i'm nervous about "changing my brain" after surgery when it comes to food... a woman at OA tonite had a bypass wls and tried to talk me out of surgery. while i appreciated her concern, it did kind of piss me off...:angry:

I certainly have. He is very well-known around here. He and Dr. Billings have a very good reputation. It looks like you are having surgery at the Edmonds Center. Who is your nutritionist? I would highly recommend the support groups. I believe there is one at the hospital there (sleeves only) & there is another one that meets the first Thursday of every month in Marysville (all WLS). I attended for the first year - it really was a good support system.

(The name is well, because I am a miniature version of myself from before and the fact that I collect MINIs. I have owned 5 over the course of a few years - down to only 2 right now. My "baby" is the one in my avatar, I call her Cream Puff. She is a right hand drive and absolutely love her.)

If I can every help, just give me a shout out. I'm glad to listen, let you vent, etc. The first month is the worst due to recovery & "learning" to eat the right way ... but every day gets easier. You have a great group with your surgery center & the support meetings are vrey helpful.

As far as the car, have you driven a MINI? Most people don't look back once they do. (<-- Sorry, had to give it a plug!)

thanks so much- i sure appreciate it! i'll most likely take you up on it... i've heard that the first month is rough; i'm a bit worried about the pain the first few days- i hope i'm well drugged! wondering what they'll give me for pain.

i haven't driven a mini, but think i may have to test drive one! definitely a convertible! i know 2 people that have them and they're so cute, and the interiors are beautiful! are they expensive?

If I can every help, just give me a shout out. I'm glad to listen, let you vent, etc. The first month is the worst due to recovery & "learning" to eat the right way ... but every day gets easier. You have a great group with your surgery center & the support meetings are vrey helpful.

As far as the car, have you driven a MINI? Most people don't look back once they do. (<-- Sorry, had to give it a plug!)

MINIs are made by BMW so they are a little more expensive than similiar cars. You can go to www.MINIUSA.com and built one to your specs and see the exact price. You can e-mail the spec sheet to a Motoring Advisor (aka Salesman) and they can help you get just what you want.

My first car I chose very modestly and got a very nice convertible. My latest one is "dressed to the nines", but I got a good trade-in value, so that helped with my payment.

Keep me posted on your surgery!

i will keep you updated! if i get a mini, it will have to be used- 26.5k is too rich for my blood! i didn't know they're made by bmw!

MINIs are made by BMW so they are a little more expensive than similiar cars. You can go to www.MINIUSA.com and built one to your specs and see the exact price. You can e-mail the spec sheet to a Motoring Advisor (aka Salesman) and they can help you get just what you want.

My first car I chose very modestly and got a very nice convertible. My latest one is "dressed to the nines", but I got a good trade-in value, so that helped with my payment.

hi mini me! had my surgery done on wednesday and my post op yesterday for fluids- i'm doing great- so much less pain than i thougt and almost no nausea!!! yay!!!

hi katie- have we "met"? i went through dr. landerholm at puget soumd surgical center! what a great crew they have there, huh?

:D TONS OF SUPPORT HERE FOR YOU!!! Mini is a great buddy too!

Katie

So glad to hear you are doing well!!!