Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Welcome new Members!!!

Hi I'm Irene and I have 27 Lbs to my ultimate goal. I'm finding that in the last few months my weight loss has really trailed off. I have to really workout hard and eat so perfectly just to post a 6 Lbs loss for the entire month. It stinks!!

However, that said I am extremely happy with my results so far. I was a size 24W/2X on surgery day and today I'm wearing 10-12's and size M tops. I can even wear some smalls if they allow the room in the bust area and arms (darned extra skin!!)

I would like to make my final goal to be in sizes 4-6 bottoms and around 165 Lbs. My tops will probably just end up in mostly S which is fine. My target area is pretty much my booty and thighs anyway. Not hating my top!! :P

Anyway, I thought I'd start this social group because the wind down to GOAL can be very tough to lose for the majority of us.

Join in, let us know how far you've come and how much more you want to go. WELCOME!!!

Thanks for opening up this group!

My name is Lara and I am also a band to sleeve revision. My journey started 6 years ago after the birth of my daughter. Weighed 240 when I got home from the hospital, lost 40 pounds on my own and then stayed at 200 for a while. In 2007, maxed out at 215 and got the band. It worked a bit, but I ended up back at 195 when I decided to get that toxic piece of crap out of my body. Honestly, I wasn't even thinking I would lose weight, I just wanted an "insurance policy" to keep me from balooning up after the band was gone.

The sleeve has been UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

In 3 months, I have lost 33.5 pounds and am now past the half-way point towards my goal. I have 26.5 to lose and I think I can lose them by my 6 month surgiversary, September 7. I could not be happier with my progress. My body feels so much better since the band is gone, the weight loss success is the icing on the cake!

Thanks so much for giving us short timers a place to come and support each other!

Lara

Thanks for opening up this group!

My name is Lara and I am also a band to sleeve revision. My journey started 6 years ago after the birth of my daughter. Weighed 240 when I got home from the hospital, lost 40 pounds on my own and then stayed at 200 for a while. In 2007, maxed out at 215 and got the band. It worked a bit, but I ended up back at 195 when I decided to get that toxic piece of crap out of my body. Honestly, I wasn't even thinking I would lose weight, I just wanted an "insurance policy" to keep me from balooning up after the band was gone.

The sleeve has been UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

In 3 months, I have lost 33.5 pounds and am now past the half-way point towards my goal. I have 26.5 to lose and I think I can lose them by my 6 month surgiversary, September 7. I could not be happier with my progress. My body feels so much better since the band is gone, the weight loss success is the icing on the cake!

Thanks so much for giving us short timers a place to come and support each other!

Lara

Whoohooo yayyy!!! BIG WELCOME!!!

I was beginning to think I was talking to walls in here... LOL :) You ARE very close to goal - we can do this!!!! I hope more will join in because the closer we get the harder it is, that is been said a million times and it becomes more true every time it's said.

Big hugs!

Hee hee nope not walls just crickets.

I'm 7 months out and I have about 25 lbs to go and they are so slow on coming off. It's getting quite frustrating but hey if I didn't have the sleeve I would never be this thin so I'm a happy frustrated loser, lol.

Well, I looked at this grup, and thought, "one day I will join them", I checked my ticker yesterday, and only had 1lb to lose to qualify, I weighed again today, and I can join!!!

So I'm 5 months and a week (or so) out, I have lost 51lb, and am already lighter than the goal I had set at my initial consultation last year, but am 30lb away from my revised, and far more sensible end goal.

Looking at the average rate of loss the last couple pf months it will realistically be another 5-6 months before I get to goal, which I do find a bit depressing TBH, however as I said a year ago I'd have killed to get down to 188lb, and now at 184, I guess I see the bigger picture and know there is still some of that road to travel.

It is great to be able to consider myself to be on the "final stretch" though that has made me smile! :D

Well, I looked at this grup, and thought, "one day I will join them", I checked my ticker yesterday, and only had 1lb to lose to qualify, I weighed again today, and I can join!!!

So I'm 5 months and a week (or so) out, I have lost 51lb, and am already lighter than the goal I had set at my initial consultation last year, but am 30lb away from my revised, and far more sensible end goal.

Looking at the average rate of loss the last couple pf months it will realistically be another 5-6 months before I get to goal, which I do find a bit depressing TBH, however as I said a year ago I'd have killed to get down to 188lb, and now at 184, I guess I see the bigger picture and know there is still some of that road to travel.

It is great to be able to consider myself to be on the "final stretch" though that has made me smile! :D

Hey lady, WELCOME!!!! You have made it to the final stretch!! Whoohoooo!!!

Ahhh as I say all the time, we truly are our own worst critics. Could'a should'a would'a... we really have to be kinder to ourselves. If we are here in this group then we have done statistically well and should Celebrate it. :) Now, let me tell this to myself when I'm feeling down, right? LOL :)

Next step start yourself up a new thread (if you haven't already) so we can follow your progress. You got this!!

Hugs all around - and if you have signed up and haven't checked in... why not? We really all need the support - and well wishes. It's the most difficult thing I've ever had to do... that's for sure.

Hi all! My name is Kay and I am excited to join this group! My surgery date was January 6, 2011. In 5 months I have lost 53 lbs, with 28 left to go! You are right, the closer to goal, the slower the weight seems to come off. But it is still coming off, so that is a good thing. Just this past week, I went shopping for a few new clothes. I can wear mostly a 10 in pants, but I found a couple of 8s that fit. I am wearing a small in tops. A SMALL!! Never in my life did I think I could wear a small. There's only one size left after that, an extra small. Wow. I love my sleeve and I know it was the best thing I ever did for myself!

Hi all! My name is Kay and I am excited to join this group! My surgery date was January 6, 2011. In 5 months I have lost 53 lbs, with 28 left to go! You are right, the closer to goal, the slower the weight seems to come off. But it is still coming off, so that is a good thing. Just this past week, I went shopping for a few new clothes. I can wear mostly a 10 in pants, but I found a couple of 8s that fit. I am wearing a small in tops. A SMALL!! Never in my life did I think I could wear a small. There's only one size left after that, an extra small. Wow. I love my sleeve and I know it was the best thing I ever did for myself!

Hi Kay,

Looking at our tickers we started off just one day apart, and have exactly the same overall weight loss goal of -81lb, I am sure we can all motivate each other along in this group, and it'll be fun to see if we can get to goal together too :)

xx

Thanks a million Irene for starting this new group. It was/is really needed.

I am delighted to be able to join in here and hopefully stay connected until goal.

I was sleeved in April 2010 at 213 lbs weight, . 5'5" tall, and a BMI of 35.6.

In the first 7 months I lost 50 - 53 lbs and have stalled since.

I now weigh in at 160-163 lbs.

Do I see a suggestion that we each start our own thread within "the final stretch=30lbs or less to goal"?

Do others respond to us within that thread or how do you wish it to go?

This is just what I need.

Cheers!

Thanks a million Irene for starting this new group. It was/is really needed.

I am delighted to be able to join in here and hopefully stay connected until goal.

I was sleeved in April 2010 at 213 lbs weight, . 5'5" tall, and a BMI of 35.6.

In the first 7 months I lost 50 - 53 lbs and have stalled since.

I now weigh in at 160-163 lbs.

Do I see a suggestion that we each start our own thread within "the final stretch=30lbs or less to goal"?

Do others respond to us within that thread or how do you wish it to go?

This is just what I need.

Cheers!

I did suggest starting your own thread, but you can do this in any way that helps you to get to your finish line. I like to do it blogger style, it helps me to stay in line and if others are following my progress I'll work that much harder. Losing the last bits is tough! For me, it's all in my thighs and butt so I have to do target training. I DON'T want to lose anymore on the top, but I know that's just dreaming... LOL :)

I like to read everyone's threads individual and I do give feedback, and it's nice for everyone to chime in but that's just me. I don't really own this, we all do collectively!! Big hugs and cheers on your journey!

Hi Ladies, Kim here. 5'8" started at 257 at the first seminar, 247 at surgery, and 195.something right now. 58 years old tomorrow. Working out 5 days a week. (dancing two, walking two and one of something else) Feeling great, able to eat more and more (scary! but still not THAT much)! Im trying to make the extra food mostly veggies and fruit.....after Protein. Losing around 7 pounds a month right now. Thanks Irene for starting this, I think it will be good to help keep motivated and on the straight and narrow! Thanks Ladies for all the support you are about to give! :^)

"Well, I looked at this grup, and thought, "one day I will join them", I checked my ticker yesterday, and only had 1lb to lose to qualify, I weighed again today, and I can join!!!"

Nice!!! Welcome!!!!

Hello ladies and possible gents!!! I'm Dawn, surgery Nov. 15, 2010! At my heavist I was 250lbs wearing a 24 pants and a 2X sometimes 3X top. Here I am almost 7 months post surgery and I currently weigh 168lbs and am now wearing a size 10 pants and M top!! I swore I would NEVER wear a Med top because I have very broad shoulders but I just went shopping the other night and sure enough, Med fits! YAY! There are still some Larges that I can wear also and I'm totally fine with that! I have really thought about it over the last few days and if I don't more any more in size, I am 100% happy with these size clothes! I don't remember a time that I have EVER said that! I was a size 10 when I graduated highschool 14 years ago and I was the "fat" girl then! I am down right FREAKING EXCITED to be a size 10 now!! LOL So anyways, my goal is to weigh 150 so I have about 18lbs to go and I can totally feel myself slowing down but I know what needs to be done and I just haven't been doing it so as of yesterday I am back in gear!!!

Hi guys!

Super excited I can join this group :) Starting weight before my 2 week liquid diet was 240, surgery day weight was 228 and now at 175 :) I am 5'4 and surgery was 3 1/2 months ago. My goal is 150, it still leaves me in the "overweight" category of the BMI scale but I can't stand that stupid thing anyways lol. With my structure I looked best at 150, hopefully after 4 kids that weight will still look good on me haha.

Started out wearing a very tight size 20 and 1x top and now wearing a 12-14 on the bottoms and wearing medium to large on top. So odd to shop in normal sized clothes now.

When it comes down to it I am not so much worried about the scale numbers, I just want to get down to a size 8. Not sure my body will allow for it but we shall see.

Got on the scale this morning and today I am 30 lbs. to goal--or some sort of goal. I am 5'8" and was around 150-155 for most of my 30's and felt and looked good. Now 20 years later I don't know if 150 is realistic but I guess I'll see. My surgery weight was 232, so I have lost 52 lbs since January 13. I was wearing size 22 and 1X tops before surgery and now I am shopping in my closet and wearing some loose 16's and tight 14's in pants and L in tops; it's always a surprise to me that something that looks too small fits me now.

I am hoping to reach 150 lbs. by November 1, 9 1/2 months after surgery.

When I get to goal I am hiring a personal shopper/stylist and buying a new wardrobe. I have no eye for fashion and need help!