Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 Month Surgiversary!! :)

Good Morning all! I woke up this morning oh so very excited to get on the scale to see what my "official" 7 month weigh-in would be. I won't make this long. But just wanted to share a lil bit of my journey.

Firstly this has been a lot more difficult then I anticipated. I am not one of the fortunate ones who lose weight without exercising. (trust me I've tried it lol) I literally took about a month or so off and actually gained one month and lost 2 lbs the next. Not GOOD! But I don't know what happened the month of May. I've just kicked up my exercise game up into high gear and the lbs are FINALLY starting to come off.

My 5 month check up I was a little depressed. I thought I weighed one thing and was 10 pounds MORE at the dr's office. I have since gotten rid of the scale I WAS using and now have a more accurate digital scale. Talk about disappointment. After that I took a "break" from this website and exercising and just kinda gave up. But I'm back and realize that even post surgery you have your moments where you want to give up, but it's never too late to get back on track.

Oh quick tips for soon to be sleevers: DRINK your water! NO exceptions! (when I don't drink the 64 oz I don't lose!) And watch your "snacks" . . . they add up rather quickly! :)

Okay for the stats:

I had my surgery through Kaiser. So at the beginning of the nutritional classes/Options I weighed 306.

Day of surgery: 285

5 month check up: 238 (not 228 like I was at HOME lol)

7 month weight: 219.5!! . . . so I've lost a total of 65.5 lbs since the day of surgery and 86.5 lbs since I started this long journey over a year ago. :)

This first pic is the oldest pic I can find that kind of shows my body (very few full body "before" pics . . . I generally only took pics from the waist or neck up pre op!)

And this is today! :) . . . 7 months post op. Not too clear. Taken from my camera phone in my not so bright bathroom.

post-49598-13813668174602_thumb.jpg

Close up before pic

post-58187-13813668172865_thumb.jpg

And this is a close up pic from a wk or two ago :)

post-49598-13813668173759_thumb.jpg

post-1971-13813656650758_thumb.jpg

post-1971-13813656653299_thumb.jpg

post-1971-13813656653536_thumb.jpg

post-1971-13813656654295_thumb.jpg

You're doing great Patrice!! Congrats on beating the "doubt-myself-monster" -- I think we all go through phases where we don't think we can do it and we give in and then we realize we still want to lose -- that's the nice thing about the sleeve, even if we have our moments of self-doubt, we can always go back and start again :)

You're looking fabulous too! :D

Hey Patrice - wow girl you're looking great!!! Happy 7th Month Sleeversary too! I really think you're doing outstanding!

I hear you on the workouts. Right after I finished my 5K I really started slacking big time on my workouts. It showed because I've only lost 3+ Lbs since then. I guess it still comes out to 1 Lb per week, but I'm used to averaging 2-3 so it really did slow me down.

Well I've been back at it again, and I hope the scale will cooperate! :) Thanks for joining in the Gym Rats conversation! Please stick around, I need all the motivation I can get right now especially... LOL

AGAIN CONGRATS TO YOU!!!!

Thank you guys! . . . Yes I need to stop doubting myself and if and when I fall off the wagon I need to try to get back on it asap!

LilMissDiva . . . I would LOVE to do a 5k . . . just dont know where to start! I need motivation too. Thanks for starting that group. I need the extra push!

You are SOOOOO pretty! :)

You look great! Congrats on your fabulous weight loss.

Thanks everyone :)

Aww thanks swizzly. You are 1 pound away from being to "onderland"! How does that feel?? I cant wait!

You are 1 pound away from being to "onderland"! How does that feel?? I cant wait!

I'm trying to just sort of ignore it lest I jinx myself on the verge of onderland and stall out one pound away for the next three weeks! :D

lol I hear you. Well congratulations in advance :)

Damn Girl you look amazing, dont give up .......Keep the strength that you had when you started your journey and you will continue to thrive :rolleyes:

Thanks so much. Good advice. I need to be strong whether the scale is cooperating or not. lol

Congrats!!!! You are doing awesome!!!! You are very pretty!

You look GREAT! Keep going!