Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 15. Knocking round the zoo

So this morning I did not have to put gauze on myself. One small step for man and one less reason to feel like a war casualty. Yesterday I got all kinds of buzzkilling news from Dr' Aceves office: gaby told me I could not get dental work for six weeks, laser surgery for six weeks, that I could not swim yet or go in the hot tub for three months and the same went for leaving the country.

Chee. What's a girl without a stomach supposed to do with herself in that case?

Well, yesterday, things being as they were, I went and blew 150 dollars on salon services just because I had no energy for anything else and no interest in a cheeseburger. I got summer highlights -- you know, hair stripes, caramel zebra, and then I went to the nail salon to get a mani/pedi.

I don't know how often people around here indulge in this kind of thing, but when you can't eat any solid food, your nightly tearful exhaustion spell is about to set in, and you can't do anything of things at your health club that you want to do, this is not such a bad option. Lay back on the massage chair, dip your feet into the pristinely clean basin and watch the light show commence from the bottom of it, blue and purple and pink lights in swirling Water. There was a big screen tv with a slideshow of waterfalls and mountain vistas and iguanas, and spooky Yanni music filling the air. My toes are now electric blue, my hair is yellow zebra and my nails are Vampire Shellack.

Today I hit the health club, depressed I could not swim but I went on the AirDyne for twenty minutes, and then I went to weigh myself on the industrial fatperson scale they have in the ladies locker room. There is weirdness with scales in my life, but according to that one I have lost 23 pounds since the last time I was there a month ago; and I only lost about a pound on the pre-op diet.

Then I went to the library. I decided since I have nothing else to do with myself, I might as well read something.

B plus. On the mend. And five more days until I can swim and eat food.< /p>

Your updates never fail to both cheer me up and crack me up.

I have this funny fear: I have lost sooooo much pre-op - and not on a supervised diet until my 2 week liquid diet started a week ago Monday, just because the decision to have this surgery has made me wince at the thought of overeating - that I'm afraid I've used up all my karma and will stall for 2 months right out of the gate. If it could happen to anyone, it'll happen to me.

I was planning on a pre-surgery pedi, and then they told me I couldn't wear nail polish to surgery. C'mon! I'll look like death by the time they're done with me, can't a girl at least have pretty toes?

Oh, well. 5 more days.

Please keep up these posts. They're wonderful!

Great. I'm having surgery with Dr. Aceves this Friday and NOW I find out I can't get in the hot tub for 3 whole months?!? Suck.

Loving your updates!

Beth

I'm right there with you! I finally got into a sauna and hot tub....I got out and lost 5 pounds AHHAHA

Your updates never fail to both cheer me up and crack me up.

I have this funny fear: I have lost sooooo much pre-op - and not on a supervised diet until my 2 week liquid diet started a week ago Monday, just because the decision to have this surgery has made me wince at the thought of overeating - that I'm afraid I've used up all my karma and will stall for 2 months right out of the gate. If it could happen to anyone, it'll happen to me.

I was planning on a pre-surgery pedi, and then they told me I couldn't wear nail polish to surgery. C'mon! I'll look like death by the time they're done with me, can't a girl at least have pretty toes?

Oh, well. 5 more days.

Please keep up these posts. They're wonderful!

I had a pedicure before surgery. The anesthesiologist looks at the nail beds on your hands to see if you are well-oxygenated (in addition to all the monitors you're hooked up to). Check and make sure you can't have painted toes--I loved my pedicure before surgery because I sure didn't want to bend over to tend to my toes for a couple weeks after surgery.

You do know you have to do these every day until...well, forever?

I am so glad you have upgraded yourself ;-P It sounds like a much better day.

Did they say why no dental work? Just wondering.... and I am so sorry about that laser surgery you were planning...say what? Water aerobics is my workout- I do it five days a week and I am really sad that I will be out of the Water for what seems like three weeks. Bummer. I plan to walkie walkie walkie with my husband and our doggie boy.

Yay for that B+

You do know you have to do these every day until...well, forever?

I am so glad you have upgraded yourself ;-P It sounds like a much better day.

Did they say why no dental work? Just wondering.... and I am so sorry about that laser surgery you were planning...say what? Water aerobics is my workout- I do it five days a week and I am really sad that I will be out of the Water for what seems like three weeks. Bummer. I plan to walkie walkie walkie with my husband and our doggie boy.

Yay for that B+

I think it has to do with novocaine and swallowing stuff you shouldn't swallow. It's five more days to swim but the hot tub was kind of interesting. It didn't have to do with infected sutures -- she said after this kind of surgery I'm still very weak and I have to get my strength back before I sat in either a sauna or hot tub.

Me? Weak? I'm five ten and previously was able to eat like a lumberjack. That's the first time anyone has used that word with regards to myself ever. Odd.:)