Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all,

Well I was sleeved October 29th 2010. I stayed in the hospital for one day. I previously had a hysterectomy due to cancer so I dont have the prettiest scars. I got this monster one that goes the length of my belly from my previous surgery and then the 8 little ones from the sleeve. My dr had a little trouble due to scar tissue and my liver was HUGE!!! He was thinking about not doing it, but he did it and I am so glad he did. Granted sometimes I get really depressed and wish I wouldve never did it, but at my heaviest I was about 425 pounds and that was just earlier this year. I am only 34!!! I knew something had to be done. I am on a progression diet now. Baby food consistanty puree. YUM!!! Honestly I prefered the liquid diet. The smell of the puree just makes it nasty. What I have found is that tuna salad and chicken salad puree is the best. I just cant do the "real" food puree. Chicken taste like paste no matter how much seasoning you add to it. and beef reminds me of dog food. so tuna and chicken salad it is. I should be trying solid foods on Thanksgiving. The main thing I dont like is that I have to eat soo much. like every 2-3 hours. Granted its only like a spoonfull, but I feel like I am grazing and thats a NO NO! During my first post-op visit, I lost 30 pounds!! I know Yea! But with moving on to the puree diet, I feel like i havent lost as much. I refuse to weigh myself unless i am at my drs office. This way no false reads or getting upset if I dont loose as much as I should. Other issue the Protein Shakes. I am drinking Isopure. I love it, but its soooo hard to get down 2 shakes. each shake is 50grams of Protein so i need 2, but its soo hard. its a little easier if mixed with milk and coffee to make a mocha, but its HARD!!! I think I am going to try the Unjury to see since it is a little cheaper. I didnt like it in the hospital. it was kinda nasty, but I think I need a change. Well let me stop running on. I hope to wish everyone out there the best of luck and we can do it.

Hello there losing!!

Congrats on you new tiny tummy! Also, welcome to VST!! :)

I'm so glad to hear your surgeon was able to complete your surgery, and without incident too. That's great! You're very lucky, most surgeons will sew ya back up and tell you to come back later with a smaller liver. I super glad to hear this!

You know the feeling of regret after surgery is very normal. I even felt that way for a few days. In fact, I would think this from time to time until almost recently. It was the pits the first month or so. However, I'm out of that now and I'm celebrating my tiny banana shaped stomach. I more think it's shaped like an earthworm, but whatever... lol

Good for you on staying off the scale. I do if I even *think* it wont be kind. It saves me a lot of misery trust me. It's working for me for the most part. Every time I get on I'm a few pounds down. Never hurts to go that route! :-)

Well, I look forward to seeing your posts! Please keep us tight along your journey. This place is the best for support and a cheering squad when you need one. ;o)

Hi all,

Well I was sleeved October 29th 2010. I stayed in the hospital for one day. I previously had a hysterectomy due to cancer so I dont have the prettiest scars. I got this monster one that goes the length of my belly from my previous surgery and then the 8 little ones from the sleeve. My dr had a little trouble due to scar tissue and my liver was HUGE!!! He was thinking about not doing it, but he did it and I am so glad he did. Granted sometimes I get really depressed and wish I wouldve never did it, but at my heaviest I was about 425 pounds and that was just earlier this year. I am only 34!!! I knew something had to be done. I am on a progression diet now. Baby food consistanty puree. YUM!!! Honestly I prefered the liquid diet. The smell of the puree just makes it nasty. What I have found is that tuna salad and chicken salad puree is the best. I just cant do the "real" food puree. chicken taste like paste no matter how much seasoning you add to it. and beef reminds me of dog food. so tuna and chicken salad it is. I should be trying solid foods on Thanksgiving. The main thing I dont like is that I have to eat soo much. like every 2-3 hours. Granted its only like a spoonfull, but I feel like I am grazing and thats a NO NO! During my first post-op visit, I lost 30 pounds!! I know Yea! But with moving on to the puree diet, I feel like i havent lost as much. I refuse to weigh myself unless i am at my drs office. This way no false reads or getting upset if I dont loose as much as I should. Other issue the Protein shakes. I am drinking Isopure. I love it, but its soooo hard to get down 2 shakes. each shake is 50grams of Protein so i need 2, but its soo hard. its a little easier if mixed with milk and coffee to make a mocha, but its HARD!!! I think I am going to try the unjury to see since it is a little cheaper. I didnt like it in the hospital. it was kinda nasty, but I think I need a change. Well let me stop running on. I hope to wish everyone out there the best of luck and we can do it.

FINALLY! SOMEONE AFTER MY OWN HEART!!!! Not weighing yourself every second! i used to do that too! Weigh only at the drs office. I had my surgery came home and tossed the scale out into the trash. . it was the best thing i ever did! At my 7th week i went to the doctor and had lost a whooping 53 lbs! I was so proud of myself it made it all worth while. Now at 10 1/2 months out and a loss of 140 lbs I'm really happy with myself. . . . YES pureed chicken and beef is just like paste no matter what you do to it. . .don't get upset with life at thanksgiving, you won't be able to eat much, only a bite here and there and you'll feel sorry for yourself. . . but you know what? It's ok! It's normal. . . we are so used to eating sooo much food all our lives and then suddenly overnight our tummy's are snatched away from us and we are EXPECTED to change our ways. . . It's really hard, but in time you will learn what to do. . I still have some problems at times in that I don't have time to eat properly and eat junk food. . .thank god for Pork rinds though! I eat those alot. . . no carbs~!!!!! But you will do fine! Just wrap your head around the new you and take it easy. . .don't beat yourself up and keep on doing what you do! Have a blessed thanksgiving and give blessing to the ones around you and not on what you have lost. Good luck!